• mindbender - May 3, 2012 6:54 a.m.

personally I like all the games in this list but Whatever happened to dinocrisis 2???
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - April 24, 2012 7:11 a.m.

Ripto's Rage and Ape Escape were my absolute favorite games as a kid! I still get all nostalgic over them today.
  • Marcunio88 - April 20, 2012 7:52 a.m.

Thank you for including FF IX on here, it's by far my favourite PS1 FF game and deserves a bit more lovin' than it gets.
  • cgriff63 - April 20, 2012 7:33 a.m.

I think Legend of Dragoon should have been included, and I'm pleasantly surprised at the absence of ffvii in this list. and confused. you guys fight about those games alot don't you?
  • krejsy - April 20, 2012 1:08 a.m.

Finally someone who understands that FFIX kicks FFVII's arse
  • robinkurosaki - April 20, 2012 4:38 a.m.

there is a reason a lot of people don't understand it. simply put it doesn't! it doesn't kick 8s arse either.
  • d0x - April 19, 2012 11:33 p.m.

"19 - Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete Here we had a very traditional RPG with a 2D, sprite-based world, turn based combat, etc. Its lack of graphical prowess had a lot to do with it originally being a Japanese Sega Saturn game from 1996, three years before the PlayStation version hit US shores. But that doesn’t mean that it was something to pass on" That doesnt make any sense. The Saturn was the most capable system for sprite based games by far. Age wasnt an issue either because its not like developers had to learn how to properly do 2d graphics. It was just laziness
  • minimaxi - April 19, 2012 8 p.m.

Omg I thought to myself before reading the article "top two. Metal gear solid. Symphony of the night" and BAM love you guys. Oh btw who here, like me, adores the first MGS to death but laments of what hideo kojima has become?
  • winner2 - April 19, 2012 6:07 p.m.

Spyro! I havn't played the original, but ripto's rage and year of the dragon were my childhood when I got my psx as a kid. He's still got to be one of my favorite video game characters ever, and I can keep playing all 3 thanks to psn. Aside from that though, I knew I was getting my hopes up thinking digimon world 1 and 2 would be here. Those were crazy fun, still are.
  • ThundaGawd - April 19, 2012 3:57 p.m.

No Legend of Dragoon?!?!?!?!?!? I am disappoint T_T Legend of Dragoon was one of the best RPG's I've ever played, and that still hold true t this day, despite it's age :D
  • FirLocke - April 19, 2012 1:48 p.m.

Yes! Crash Team Racing LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. Absolutely brilliant game. Along with the other Crash games on PS1. This list needs Wild ARMs though. Fun fact: Did You know Wild ARMs did 3D before FFVII? Just the battles were in 3D, but still. :)
  • Net_Bastard - April 19, 2012 10:31 a.m.

I still believe that Pro Skater 1 was better than Pro Skater 2. Pro Skater 1 had much more level variety. It had downhill levels, skatepark levels, and the competition levels were also better. THPS2 had barely any level variety. Oh wait, but Skate Heaven and Chopper Drop! You could say that, but those are only two levels, and you could only unlock them by beating the Career mode with all of the skaters. Chopper Drop had to be unlocked by getting all gold medals with all of the skaters. Who has time for that!? I don't care about the manual, character creator, or the skatepark editor. Those were features that were added upon in the newer games, and were quite shit in THPS2. TL;DR: THPS1 was better than THPS2 because of level variety. The added features in THPS2 weren't enough to hold me over.
  • rballa2 - April 19, 2012 9:56 a.m.

Pretty bold move not including Final Fantasy VII... Symphony of the Night was too high as was Tactics. I (along with the rest of America) was too busy playing VII to have gotten immediately to Tactics. Resident Evil 2 could have easily taken the #2 spot.
  • ObliqueZombie - April 19, 2012 9:11 a.m.

Oh yeah, CTR was one of the better games I played on the system. It's a shame you guys didn't mention Mega Man Legends on neither this list nor the N64's, but overall these lists nail both systems for why they're so great. Even by today's standards.
  • jars - April 19, 2012 6:05 a.m.

top 3 Metal Gear Resident Evil 2 Syphon Filter (1 or 2, can't remember which was better)
  • mothbanquet - April 19, 2012 5:49 a.m.

Sorry, but a 'Best PSX Games' list without FFVII is just incomplete. That's a fact.
  • Dadyo238 - April 19, 2012 8:29 a.m.

Fanboy
  • robinkurosaki - April 20, 2012 4:40 a.m.

for good reason, everyone is a fanboy now as soon as they adore something. leaving 7 and 8 out for some of the tosh that is on there definatly makes it incomplete
  • SpiritTemple - May 12, 2012 2:04 a.m.

Fanboy
  • Asloveszuko - April 19, 2012 4:55 a.m.

Spyro: Ripto's Rage and CTR WERE my childhood! I just recently replayed Ripto's Rage and let me tell you, the experience was like coming home after being away for many many years. <3 It was beautiful! CTR was always my go to game when I had my friends over. We'd spend hours and hours acing each other! Thank you for including them on your list, it does my heart good to know they are as loved by others as they are by me! <3 Week of Love baby, Week of Love.