• Canvas_Of_Flesh - March 30, 2012 4:31 p.m.

The lack of Journey is disturbing. This list really only highlights how disappointing this year has been so far.
  • ThatGamerDude - March 30, 2012 8:36 p.m.

Journey is going to be on a separate list for PSN games
  • mockraven - March 31, 2012 8:01 a.m.

I'm just wondering, why can't Journey be on both? Even if it's sold through the PSN it's still a PS3 game (and PS3-only, so far). As far as I know, these distinctions aren't mutually exclusive. I think Journey deserves to be recognised as one of "the greatest PS3 games of the year so far."
  • ThatGamerDude - March 31, 2012 8:39 a.m.

Its just the way the GamesRadar staff wants it to be. One list for the Best PS3 games so far and on one list for the best PSN games so far. You van think it as if they are two different types of consoles like if you thought the Xbox 360 and XBox Live Arcade were two different consoles even though they're not.
  • Maggard - March 31, 2012 1:25 p.m.

The title should be change to Best PS3 Retail Games for this article and then Best PS3 PSN Games for the upcoming list. Finally, there should be two lists for PSP also. Similar titles, but replace PS3 with PSP. Then we should also have bets Vita and best cross-over games...
  • moparlevi - March 30, 2012 6:22 p.m.

Man this site is hard to read now. I HATE the new page layout
  • Maggard - March 31, 2012 1:23 p.m.

I must concur. It takes so long to finish an article I have limited return visits.
  • pr0tostar - March 30, 2012 6:59 p.m.

I still <3 my obese 80gb backwards compatible dinosaur. Here's to another 6 years!
  • garnsr - July 12, 2012 1:31 p.m.

My slim console, which replaced my 80 gig backwards compatible dinosaur after it yellow lighted, seems to be about to crap out, too. New systems just don't last like the good old days, for me anyway. I've got all these games, and several of my platinum trophies come from these games. Lots of good games you can't play anywhere else, too.
  • NanoElite666 - March 30, 2012 9:41 p.m.

Best PS3 game of this year so far for me? Dark Souls. Yeah I know it came out last year, but I'm playing it this year so that's all I care about. It's all about the Dark Souls for me right now. Praise the Sun!
  • Rainbow-Carnage - March 31, 2012 10:43 a.m.

here!
  • talleyXIV - March 31, 2012 1:30 p.m.

Yeah!
  • IceBlueKirby - March 30, 2012 10:39 p.m.

Glad to see Tales of Graces F getting props. It took a couple of hours, but that game eventually pulled me in and reminded me how awesome action-RPGs were before most developers forgot about the "RPG" part and focused on the action. Kingdoms of Amalur is a rare case of a developer getting BOTH of them right.
  • slowdrum13 - March 31, 2012 2:11 a.m.

what a weak year so far.
  • NGTxxTazMan - March 31, 2012 8:31 a.m.

Yeah ps3 being the best games thats why i got ps3 because its awesome
  • TheNumberT - June 18, 2012 4:14 p.m.

I hear you! PS3 FTW~
  • NGTxxTazMan - March 31, 2012 8:35 a.m.

My best game this year is resident evil operation raccoon city so far because its different to the resident evil games this one a ultra awesome co-op game to play with and againest friends so rock on ps3
  • BaraChat - March 31, 2012 9:34 p.m.

Seriously? You're the first person I've heard/read talking positively about that game. Everywhere else I hear it sucks. Well to be honest it looks pretty bad. Doesn't deserve the "Resident Evil" in the name, even RE5 was a stretch. On topic, my favourite game of the year (PS3) so far is SSX, although I'm pretty sure Journey will steal its spot soon enough. DiRT 3 Complete Edition would be atop the list easily but it's really a 2011 game... And I agree with most of what has been said : it is a pretty weak start for 2012. At least I'll have The Witcher 2 (360) in two weeks, so that should really kick start this year. Then there's Diablo III in May. NOW we're talking!
  • NGTxxTazMan - March 31, 2012 8:37 a.m.

I have got all games 4 ps3 so add me as friend and i can help you on any games anytime for 2 weeks today so add me on Taz_Trav.... add me.
  • jmcgrotty - April 1, 2012 6:50 a.m.

Hmmm. That's actually a very good question. My top 5, in no order and apt to change at any time: Final Fantasy 7 Grand Theft Auto 3: San Andreas Legend Of Mana Rayman Revolution Metal Gear Solid 4 Thank God for backwards compatibility, otherwise the system would be a dud.
  • Hig1134 - April 1, 2012 10:11 a.m.

Your list is a dud.
  • TheFabricOfTime - April 1, 2012 7:07 p.m.

Shocked that LittleBigPlanet 2 isn't on there.
  • rob619 - April 9, 2012 4:51 a.m.

I tend to go for single player, epic story driven experiences: Metal Gear Solid 4 Heavy Rain Infamouns 2 Uncharted 3 L.A Noire These are the best of the best in my view
  • Deciver - April 24, 2012 3:39 p.m.

I agree with you. Single player story dirven games are the best. It's a shame most gaming companies are trading brillant story's for cheap, tacky multiplayer ( Call of duty, Battlefield). But, There is still hope, there are still a few games which still dominate with brillant story's, such as Bioshock, Gta, Fallout and inFamous, god bless 'em