Topics

Gear

• larkan - December 22, 2013 12:12 a.m.

Wow, so top range is all Turtle Beach and Astro? What about the Razer Tiamat 7.1? They're some of the best on the market delivering true 7.1 sound with a ton of options, and can be found for under $200 most of the time. And, I've experienced the wireless A50 and Turtle Beach set, and by experience I mean never wanted to do it again. Having the words premium and wireless in the same section is not something I recommend. If you want quality audio, stick with the cords.
  • vichi - December 29, 2013 5:07 p.m.

its headsets under 100$ :P
  • Aquasol - December 21, 2013 6:02 p.m.

http://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-RHTS-8206-5-1-Channel-Vibration-Headset/dp/B007ZS9T1Q I use a Rosewill myself, dunno if it works with any consoles(my PS3's stuck deep within my storage space at the moment), but it's pretty damn beautiful with my PC. Only downside is that the driver included on the extra disc fails hard, and the mic/volume controller is a little weighty, leading to a few times where it's fallen off my lap and given me concern about it being yanked out of place in the headset. But it vibrates. And does it ever. Oughta be standard in every headset ever. ;;
  • MaxBernard - December 21, 2013 11:44 a.m.

I've got a set of weird gaming headset needs that aren't usually discussed, so I thought I'd ask here. I'm deaf in an ear and have been looking for a while now for a set of headphones with which I can either manually set the audio to mono or, ideally, channel all the audio to a single side. Are there any multiplatform options that might have that capability or something akin to it?
  • scott-foley - January 18, 2014 5:44 p.m.

Hi Max, as long as the headset has just one ear cup, it should work for you. Although these types of headsets usually aren't the most high-end product that you can get, they're relatively low in price amd more comfortable during extended gaming sessions. You can get them at just about any store that has an electronic section (e.g.,Walmart or GameStop). So, given your special circumstances, I think they would be a good investment.
  • Rottenbrains - December 21, 2013 6:44 a.m.

...What?! Where is the gamecom 780 in the below 100 dollar range?! That thing is amazingly awesomely INCREDIBLE for under 100! Even though the US build quality of it is bad..Somehow, it's different in Europe :P
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 21, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Ah thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to try that one out! I stuck to ones I've personally tested :)
  • Rottenbrains - December 21, 2013 10:19 a.m.

Mmkay :P It's got digital 7.1 surround and a very good mic (As usual with plantronics) it's also great for listening music. Only downside to me is the fact that it's USB only.
  • shawksta - December 20, 2013 6:37 p.m.

My turtle beach wont work with my Wii U nor Xbox one considering they are HDMI cables, which is gonna be a problem.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 21, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Which TB set do you have? If it has an optical connection, you should be able to get the audio to work on your Xbox One by changing the audio output settings to optical. As for the Wii U, any headset with a 3.5mm jack will work with it, just gotta plug it into the port on the GamePad.
  • shawksta - December 21, 2013 11 a.m.

I see, its just the TB i have are the ones that connect to the audio port cables, they arent wireless.
  • Technomancer - December 25, 2013 3:53 p.m.

Turtle Beach sells an adapter for $40 that takes an HDMI signal and splits it to HDMI and Toslink. I have one for my WiiU to connect it to my surround sound and my Turtle Beach XP400. http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/audio-converter-parts/ear-force-hd-audio-converter/421
  • shawksta - December 25, 2013 4:39 p.m.

Nice, thanks
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 20, 2013 2:07 p.m.

I'm still happy with my turtle beach x12s. Only $60, and still deliver very good audio and chat.
  • Mctatmick87 - November 4, 2013 7:38 p.m.

I have a PS3. I'm lookin for a couple of headphones that I can chat with on the same console. Are there any?
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 21, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Tons! Turtle Beach PX22 is a great pair for $80 ^_^
  • NanoElite666 - June 15, 2013 10:53 a.m.

I see this list has been updated since I last looked at it. Which is good, because it seems my Siberia V2s have suddenly decided to start crapping out and I need to start shopping for a new headset again. Hopefully I can find something that will last at least a year this time...
  • jimbob123 - May 20, 2013 9:25 a.m.

My experience with gaming headsets is that they are often lacking in accuracy and positional accuracy. I've tried a number of friends gaming headsets and eventually chose an 'audio' headset because they perform better. I'd recommend the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 or SoundMAGIC HP200. The HP200's have really nice, deep powerful bass that is a lot of fun, while retaining accuracy in the mids. Highly recommended!
  • NullG7 - March 14, 2013 1:45 p.m.

Its kind of annoying trying to buy headsets when your half deaf. You know, because that whole stereo thing does not work when you can only hear out of one ear. I would really appreciate it if you guys reviewed some mono headsets. Its estimated that about 20% of Americans over the age of 20 have some degree of hearing loss, just saying.