Topics

Gear

• Rottenbrains - December 21, 2013 6:44 a.m.

...What?! Where is the gamecom 780 in the below 100 dollar range?! That thing is amazingly awesomely INCREDIBLE for under 100! Even though the US build quality of it is bad..Somehow, it's different in Europe :P
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 21, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Ah thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to try that one out! I stuck to ones I've personally tested :)
  • Rottenbrains - December 21, 2013 10:19 a.m.

Mmkay :P It's got digital 7.1 surround and a very good mic (As usual with plantronics) it's also great for listening music. Only downside to me is the fact that it's USB only.
  • shawksta - December 20, 2013 6:37 p.m.

My turtle beach wont work with my Wii U nor Xbox one considering they are HDMI cables, which is gonna be a problem.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 21, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Which TB set do you have? If it has an optical connection, you should be able to get the audio to work on your Xbox One by changing the audio output settings to optical. As for the Wii U, any headset with a 3.5mm jack will work with it, just gotta plug it into the port on the GamePad.
  • shawksta - December 21, 2013 11 a.m.

I see, its just the TB i have are the ones that connect to the audio port cables, they arent wireless.
  • Technomancer - December 25, 2013 3:53 p.m.

Turtle Beach sells an adapter for $40 that takes an HDMI signal and splits it to HDMI and Toslink. I have one for my WiiU to connect it to my surround sound and my Turtle Beach XP400. http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/audio-converter-parts/ear-force-hd-audio-converter/421
  • shawksta - December 25, 2013 4:39 p.m.

Nice, thanks
  • GoldenEagle1476 - December 20, 2013 2:07 p.m.

I'm still happy with my turtle beach x12s. Only $60, and still deliver very good audio and chat.
  • Mctatmick87 - November 4, 2013 7:38 p.m.

I have a PS3. I'm lookin for a couple of headphones that I can chat with on the same console. Are there any?
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - December 21, 2013 10:13 a.m.

Tons! Turtle Beach PX22 is a great pair for $80 ^_^
  • NanoElite666 - June 15, 2013 10:53 a.m.

I see this list has been updated since I last looked at it. Which is good, because it seems my Siberia V2s have suddenly decided to start crapping out and I need to start shopping for a new headset again. Hopefully I can find something that will last at least a year this time...
  • jimbob123 - May 20, 2013 9:25 a.m.

My experience with gaming headsets is that they are often lacking in accuracy and positional accuracy. I've tried a number of friends gaming headsets and eventually chose an 'audio' headset because they perform better. I'd recommend the Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 or SoundMAGIC HP200. The HP200's have really nice, deep powerful bass that is a lot of fun, while retaining accuracy in the mids. Highly recommended!
  • NullG7 - March 14, 2013 1:45 p.m.

Its kind of annoying trying to buy headsets when your half deaf. You know, because that whole stereo thing does not work when you can only hear out of one ear. I would really appreciate it if you guys reviewed some mono headsets. Its estimated that about 20% of Americans over the age of 20 have some degree of hearing loss, just saying.
  • masterjoe123 - March 13, 2013 3:40 p.m.

Any Wii U headsets yet?
  • sweetchiliheat - March 13, 2013 3:57 p.m.

Turtle beach has a pair. Apparently the PX5's will work too, assuming you have a 3.5 to 3.5 cable that supports microphone.
  • sweetchiliheat - March 13, 2013 4:03 p.m.

On that note, practically any 3.5mm cable with a mic will work (so any earbuds with a mic, or headset cables with a mic). You really don't need to buy a pair of headsets if you already have something similar (unless you want surround sound headsets, then you'll have to shell out the cash if you don't have a pair already)
  • brickman409 - March 13, 2013 4:02 p.m.

since the wii u pad has that built in standard audio jack, I'm guessing you could pretty much any headset that uses a standard 3.5 jack
  • sweetchiliheat - March 13, 2013 1:04 p.m.

I currently use Turtle Beach Earforce PX5. They're pretty much the Earforce Sierra with less bells and whistles, and about $100 cheaper. If you're still hard pressed for cash, then the unpopular (mostly because they're a wired version of a wireless headset) Earforce X11 are a great choice. Long cords, decent surround sound (but not even close to the PX5s) and a great price (<$50) gives you an excellent, comfortable and relatively cheap set.