• davidthebowie - March 20, 2009 4:16 a.m.

One of my favorites forgotten soundtrack is Panic Restaurant for the nes. As a 8 year old, I would make up lyrics to the songs while playing.
  • trevorbelmont - March 20, 2009 12:29 p.m.

I can completely agree with a few of these; Secret of Mana was the first game music CD I bought (you could buy it directly from Square for a while), and BC: Rearmed is probably the best new music I have heard in a game in the last 5 years.
  • JayLin22 - March 20, 2009 12:37 p.m.

Journey to Silius on the NES - man, when I first heard that soundtrack I was gob-smacked. Just thought I'd put my two cents worth in...
  • Unoriginal - March 20, 2009 12:53 p.m.

I don't know if any of the reviews adressed the soundtrack specifically but one of my favorite game soundtracks is from World of Goo. I don't know why but I found all thoose songs beautifull. Good article.
  • jimsondanet - March 20, 2009 1:24 p.m.

i aint one to suck up to the editors, but this articles the exception. you effers done alright. hope theres a sequal. my suggestions would be golden sun sin's zone of the enders: the fist of mars suikoden II
  • 435 - March 20, 2009 3:23 p.m.

Jasper Kyd's Freedom Fighters OST has been a constant feature on my MP3 player since I got my hands on it soon after the game's release. I'm holding out hope for a second.
  • GamesRadarJoeMcNeilly - March 20, 2009 5:23 p.m.

Used that Power Plant cut from Bionic Commando Rearmed in the "Bionic Arm Destroys City" video - its sound is MASSIVE!!
  • Usgo - March 20, 2009 7:09 p.m.

Jet set radioooooooooooooooooo
  • gmilf71 - March 20, 2009 9:54 p.m.

Dude! where the hell was mortal kombat!?!? That had awsome music!!!!!!!
  • Soylent - March 21, 2009 1:44 a.m.

What about Castlevania series? Amazing music
  • splynncryth - March 21, 2009 3:25 a.m.

If Earthwork Jim gets a mention, can the Special Edition CD version tag along? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKwbsQjJ9lA
  • Quimbles - March 22, 2009 1:05 a.m.

I thought I posted before, but I guess it didn't go through... I think Grim Fandango should be on this list. Moody and excellent jazz/big band style tunes. I've had that soundtrack CD stolen from me twice now...
  • supreme0armor - March 22, 2009 2:01 a.m.

Phantasy Star IV made an impression for some reason...
  • aounfather - March 22, 2009 8:30 p.m.

Personal Favorite game soundtrack would be Morrowind. Theres one that I can listen to for hours, and hours, and hours...
  • Ironmaus - March 27, 2009 3:57 a.m.

Nice list. Made me go back and check out a few games I'd never really listened to. Wizards & Warriors III was one I saw in Nintendo Power once but didn't give a second look until just now. I'm a little sad to see that Hiroyuki Masuno's soundtrack for the first Top Gear didn't make the list. Once we had personal soundtracks on the first Xbox, I put that on for every racing game I played.
  • DJ_Funktris - April 13, 2009 9:52 p.m.

I really want that bioshock soundtrack now! and bought bionic rearmed.... its great!
  • IRAQITNT - April 20, 2009 9:17 a.m.

heyyyyyyy, where is Jersey Devil??? the game with the greatest underrated soundtrack ever!!!
  • joebob286 - May 23, 2009 7:26 p.m.

Where is Christopher Lennertz in all of this, and the music of the medal of honor games...
  • LieutenantCipher - June 12, 2009 6:28 a.m.

I agree with joebob286 - Medal of Honor might not of been the best shooter series out there but the music was epic as hell