*This walkthrough was done using the PS3 version of the game. It's not been tested for Xbox 360, but as far as we know he two versions are identical bar the different buttons.*
*Although complete this walkthrough is still 'work in progress' as we have yet to add images to aide the user. If you have any additions or suggestions feel free to add them in the comments section and we'll see if they can be included.*
The first task is to escape the burning mansion. This is a fairly straightforward reminder of how to use Lara's moves. Just avoid the fire and follow the instructions.
Chapter 1 | Mediterranean Sea
Game section: The Path To Avalon
- If you dive straight ahead and down you'll end up on a stone pathway with a tall stone structure ahead of you. As you face its entrance, turn to the right and notice a clump of stones.
- Swim round it until you find an entrance. Swim inside and through the passage until you find a handle you can pick up on top of a stone plinth, take it and swim back to the tall structure you saw before and through the entrance.
- Directly in front of you is a large circular metal door
- Place the handle you are holding into one of the empty slots at the center of either of the lower circles. In front of the doors on another stone plinth is the other handle. Grab it and place it in the remaining empty hole.
- To open the door you need to get the three eye-shaped symbols to line up in the middle.
- If you need the quickest way use:
- Right circle: pull twice.
- Top circle: pull twice.
- Left circle: pull once.
- Swim down the linear route and then emerge in a dry room. Leave the water via a platform. Climb through to the next room with a pool in it and then up a ramp to reach a stone block. Use this to get to a ledge and follow them round the wall onto a bar across more ledges and then back down to the base of the room on the other side of the water.
- Head round the corner to find a switch in front of a door with two pillars either side of it and two floor switches.
- Pull the pillar to the right of the door (facing it) using the grapple. It will topple over and weight down the switch on the floor in front of it.
- Next to the left-hand floor switch are two blocks. Use these to weight down the other switch and pull the main switch opening the door.
- Head through the door and then follow the passage until you drop down under a stone arch. Locate the tunnel on the other side of the area and crouch and walk through it. Carry on following the obvious path to reach some steps. At the top you trigger a cut-scene.
-The aim is to kill the Krakken using the spikes above his head. To do this you need to free-up the mechanism behind the structure he’s in front of. As you face the Krakken from the area you arrived in, Lara will have to free the mechanism on the left and on the right. It doesn't matter which order this is done in.
Head right down the obvious passage and use the ledges to climb across the gap and slide down the slope.
- Go forward and right where you'll see a blue flame on the wall. Head past it round the corner and then continue to find yourself behind the Krakken, where you can see one of his tentacles.
- Use the grapple point to pull out a pin and it will land on the Krakken's tentacle, freeing it from the cogs. Head up and out of the room using ledges, a pole then jump of a slope and onto more ledges to find a switch. Pull it. Now head out on the platform across and above the where the Krakken is and into a door behind the right hand mechanism where you'll see another of the Krakken's tentacles.
- Remove the cog with your grapple and pull the switch. Easy.
- Now you need to flick the central switch. Head back outside the front and walk directly left behind the head of the statue. Walk round and onto his arm and then use a ledge to reach the platform with the central switch.
- Shoot out the chain links to the left and right of you using free aim and watch the cut-scene.
- Use the grapple hook to abseil down to find a door. Open it with the switch to the right as you face the door. Walk through and follow the obvious passage round, using a climbing wall and a beam. You'll enter a high-ceilinged room with a gate at one end.
- To open the gate we need weights to put on the switch to the right of the door as you face it.
- Head through the door to the high right using the climbing pole. Put the first block on switch and then get the next one and stand on the switch with it. Throw it through the now open door using R1. Pick up the other block and do the same with it, following it out before the door slides shut with a jump roll. Place them on the right switch.
- Now stand in the far left corner of the left switch and grapple onto the point in the middle of the gate to pull it over. Run towards the first of Thor's two gauntlets and watch the cut-scene.
- To escape the tomb, exit the room you are in and head right into the unexplored room using a block to get through a hole in the wall that has now appeared.
- Enter a room with a load of red pillars and climb the first one on the right to get to a platform above. From here use the pillar top on the right, to jump to the next platform. Now jump to the one hanging from the ceiling and across the two pillar tops to leave the room. Head on and under some rubble to find yourself back in the room where the Krakken was.
- A cut-scene will show you were to go next.
- To get through the door use the rappel point and swing to the ledges above the exit you’ve just seen in the cut-scene. Shimmy to the left and drop down when it's safe.
- Head out and follow the obvious passage all the way to the door you opened earlier on when you first entered the tomb. Cross the water and head over the blocks to find the pool you swam in through.
- Swim down and out of the gold circular exit and head back to the surface and your boat.
Game section: Realm Of The Dead
- Climb up the anchor to get to the deck. There's no strategy to this bit - just make your way across the boat (using the containers to get up to the bridge area) until you find the entrance to the below deck area. Shoot some more goons inside and... cut-scene.
- Follow the corridor round for another cut-scene.
- To escape the ship: go out the doors (the ones without the green lights) to find some burning steps. Head right then right again past the flaming control panels and then up the steps and left, a pair of doors will open. The ship starts rolling.
- Avoiding the steam, use L1 to sprint through the corridor while the boat starts to keel over. When you get to a dead end look for a ladder shaped object and keep climbing up using the valve taps to progress.
- When you can go up no further shimmy left and pull yourself up onto the platform.
- Follow the corridor to another ladder on the right and climb up again, using the valves and ladder. Jump from the ledge you arrive on to the ledge behind and find an open porthole.
- The cut-scene kicks in signalling the end of the level.