Making friends and falling in love takes work, but Sims 4 relationship cheats take all the legwork out of the equation. Don't panic when you read the word "cheats"; they've been coded into the game for a reason, and with a long legacy of fool-proof cheats underpinning each game in the series, it just wouldn't be The Sims 4 without some sneaky shortcuts.
Whether your ideal Sim isn't your Fated Mate when playing with The Sims 4: Werewolves pack or you want to make a mortal enemy, building (or destroying) relationships can take some time. The new compatibility system can also make life difficult, causing Sims to acquire likes and dislikes when it comes to the personality traits of NPCs are thereby crushing your hopes of snagging Vlad for yourself.
Lucky for you, Sims 4 relationship cheats exist. Tapping a few buttons will have your digital playthings forming deeper relationships with others in moments, and if you’re looking for more general Sims 4 cheats, we’ve got your back there, too. For now, here's a look at Sims 4 relationship cheats for blossoming romance, bestiehood, or to create an all-out nemesis.
All Sims 4 relationship cheats
How to enable cheats in The Sims 4
You'll need to enable cheats before you use any of these relationship hacks, as none of these Sims 4 relationship cheats will work if you don't do that first. So make sure to complete this step first. Here's how to do it across every platform.
- The Sims 4 PC cheats: Hold Ctrl and Shift, then press c
- The Sims 4 Mac cheats: Hold Command and Shift, then press c
- The Sims 4 PS4 and PS5 cheats: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once
- The Sims 4 Xbox One and Xbox Series X cheats: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once
After completing one of these prompts, a box will appear in the top right corner where you can now input cheat codes.
All Sims 4 relationship cheats
Once cheats are enabled, enter any of the following phrases in the box that appears to activate its associated effect. In most cases you can also deactivate the Sims 4 relationship cheats by reentering them. As with all cheats, you might want to make a new save just in case there are any unpredictable effects. No one wants to lose a long running game to a weird glitch.
You can also take a selfie with a Sim to markedly increase your friendship level. Just a few photos together, and you'll have yourself a new friend.
- relationships.create_friends_for_sim - create a new Sim that is already friends with you
- relationship.introduce_sim_to_all_others - introduces your Sim to all of their neighbors
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] X LTR_Friendship_Main - replace X with the value to change the friendship level between the two named Sims, for example: 100 increases friendship, while -100 decreases it
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetPetFirstName] [TargetPetLastName] X LTR_SimtoPet_Friendship_Main Replace X with the value to change the friendship level between a Sim and a pet
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] X LTR_Romance_Main - replace X with the value to change the romance level between the two named Sims, for example: 100 increases romance, while -100 decreases it
There you have it, The Sims 4 relationship cheats to get you on the right romance track or quickly create an arch nemesis. Gone are the days where you have to spend hours cultivating a relationship, now you can just increase or decrease the quality of a relationship by typing in some cheats. If only the real world were that simple...
Here's everything new in The Sims 4: Growing Together, from treehouses to blowouts.