Living between the lines is possible with the Sims 4 free build cheat. You probably already know about The Sims 4's strict grid system when it comes to building and placing items on your map. While it keeps everything organized, sometimes item collisions mean that you can't place a door in a certain area or have your homes as realistically cluttered as you might want to see them.
To bypass the grid entirely, say hello the Sims 4 free build cheat. Allowing you to build anything, anywhere in any neighborhood, it essentially gives you unobstructed planning permissions. Terrible terrain? Not a problem. Want to build a densely-packed cityscape? You got it. Here's how to use the Sims 4 free build cheat to reshape the town entirely.
How to enable The Sims 4 free build cheat
Before you can start enabling cheats in The Sims 4, you’ll need to open the cheat console following the simple rules below:
- The Sims 4 PC cheats: Hold Ctrl and Shift, then press c
- The Sims 4 Mac cheats: Hold Command (⌘) and Shift, then press c
- The Sims 4 PS4 cheats: Hold down all the four shoulder buttons at once
- The Sims 4 Xbox One cheats: Hold down all four shoulder buttons at once
A text box should appear across the top of the screen where you can then enter any cheat codes you want, including the free build one.
How to use The Sims 4 free build cheats to build anywhere
Building in The Sims 4 can be tricky and time-consuming to really achieve the aesthetic you’re craving. It can also be really expensive. With The Sims 4 free build cheats you’ll be able to unlock your full building potential enabling the chance to not only build on lots you weren’t allowed to before but move objects wherever you want too, disregarding their grid placement. Simply follow the instructions below to get going.
Once you’ve enabled cheats, you must type testingCheats true into the console.
- bb.enablefreebuild - build anywhere, even on locked lots such as the dorms in The Sims 4: Discover University or the hospital etc.
- bb.moveobjects on - allows you to move objects wherever you want and adjust the height with 9 moving objects upwards and 0 moving downwards
Additionally, you can use the below code to make a house for your Sims without worrying about the money you need to build it. Simply move your Sims into a lot and use the below cheat code to build their dream home with none of the Simoleon stress.
- FreeRealEstate On - build anywhere for free
- FreeRealEstate Off - turns build anywhere for free mode off
Want some more sneaky cheats? Here's how to access the Sims 4 debug cheat.