Rockstar has released a new GTA 5 (opens in new tab) patch designed to fix a number of issues causing players to lose game progress in GTA Online (opens in new tab). Since the online game’s launch on October 1, many users have reported characters, items, apartments, cars and in-game money vanishing without reason, but the latest title update should set things right for most players.
Rockstar says the patch “will resolve the cause of players losing their gameplay progress except for some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure”. A fix for that issue is still being worked on.
Below you’ll find the full title update notes. The patch is available to download now worldwide on PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
- Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
- Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
- Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
- Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
- Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
- Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
- Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
- Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
- Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
- Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match