Topics

Best of GR

• lcbrightway - May 6, 2010 1:23 a.m.

wth? i was expecting Halo to be there, and at least Assassins Creed, THEY PWN EVERYTING HERE!
  • jesusrodrigo9410 - April 8, 2010 4:12 a.m.

Metal Gear Solid!!!! nice choise! when i sar MGS on this list i thought that MGS3 would be on the list too because it has one of the best stories i've seen but anyways... nice choises ;)
  • Shermie - April 6, 2010 10:24 p.m.

I love FFVI, I'm so happy it made the list! :)
  • sleepy92ismypsn - April 6, 2010 9:32 p.m.

san andreas is my favorite game and i think yall summed it up quite nicely and pretty soon im going to start my 8th playthrough. i guess ill add beyond good and evil to ny neverending list of games to play eventually. and the orange box.
  • mdiaz033 - April 6, 2010 5:02 p.m.

whenever i think of videogames with amazing stories or plots i think of both Portal and Silent Hill 2. Portal proves less is more with it's simple but perplexing plot that leaves us wondering just what the hell it was all for. it sounds like sh!t but its not. it was too satisfying and memorable. Silent hill 2 let players decisions determine one of four(?) endings and they are all good. SH2 did what movies can't. involve the viewer's participation to determine the appropriate outcome for the specific viewer. of course, this could be done better but its still damn good. i think gtaiv should be up here. if you listen to almost everything the characters talk about, it all refers back to a certain theme whether it be "everything is predetermined," "we are and everything is b/c of our choices," "you can't outrun your mistakes/there are no second chances," and who can forget the classic "everything that can go wrong will" b/c almost every mission is a plan gone wrong. gtaiv has a lot of unity. and in a story its important to possess that quality. this is all just my opinion though.
  • D0CCON - April 6, 2010 1:48 a.m.

After first seeing Metal Gear on the list, I thought this was going to become "The Most Convoluted Video Game Stories Ever." Pretty interesting other than that. However, you defiantly missed the greatest one of all, Modern Warfare 2!!!
  • GrlGmr - March 15, 2010 6:44 a.m.

No System Shock 2? What the hell? The scene where SHODAN reveals herself has got to be one of the most memorable in gaming history.
  • evilmonkeyturds - March 4, 2010 12:01 a.m.

Legacy of Kain, maybe, no well...Chuck Norris is now pissed. Hope your happy with Chuck Norris finding you.
  • gilgamesh310 - February 23, 2010 10:56 a.m.

Portal is there but not half life 2, what!? Also where the hell is deus ex. It had a very well told believable story with hardly any cutscenes. The story telling combined elements of half life and system shock and happens to be one of the deepest around.
  • denyeverything - February 19, 2010 9:44 a.m.

God of War?!?! lol. Fanboy.
  • TedDidlio - February 8, 2010 6:20 p.m.

As much as I love and trust Gdar (which I'll continue to do) I must question how Beyond Good and Evil and GTA: SA ended up on both this list and the "Game stories that jumped the shark article." They can't be 2 of the 7 best gaming stories of all time, and also have flaws severe enough to put them on a list of the games that f*cked up their stories the most. Just saying. Not that I don't agree with those entries. Also, where's Mass Effect?? I would argue that and Bioshock are the 2 best game stories of all time.
  • ShadowWave - January 20, 2010 12:50 a.m.

How about Fire Emblem or Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance?
  • soapman1 - January 19, 2010 4:16 a.m.

glad halo ain't on here
  • FanofSaiyan - January 1, 2010 3:26 a.m.

Out of all these, Portal and God of War are my favorites.
  • alexsaysmeep - December 30, 2009 11:58 p.m.

Phew, was panicking that a final fantasy wouldn't make it in there then. Haha. How could I even have thought it? n__n
  • gdubbs359 - December 22, 2009 8:45 a.m.

Oh and definitely missing Final Fantasy Tactics
  • gdubbs359 - December 22, 2009 8:44 a.m.

Xenogears has always been my favorite. I was so amazed and surprised by the epic story it has to be the only rpg i went through twice in a row, just to experience it again.
  • Eizyark - December 22, 2009 6:41 a.m.

thanks GR for putting Grim Fandango on the list! grim fandango definitely deserves to be on that list. amazing story and awesome gameplay. KOTOR also there makes me happy :) ow and let's not forget Planescape : Torment being in the list too! but why no Baldur's Gate 2?? man was that game awesome. silent hill 1 and 2 for me are the best in the series. i wish they went back with the way they made the first 2 SH's story plot, well not the exact story but you know something in that line.
  • bowlhaeddd - December 21, 2009 3:33 a.m.

Baldur's gate 2: soa/tob or SMT: persona 3 are Obviously the best 2, come on !
  • eee - December 16, 2009 6:08 p.m.

Oh f@#k no why the hell did i read this entire article and halo 2 or 3 is not in it one of the best story lines of all time