Topics

Best of GR

• GrlGmr - March 15, 2010 6:44 a.m.

No System Shock 2? What the hell? The scene where SHODAN reveals herself has got to be one of the most memorable in gaming history.
  • evilmonkeyturds - March 4, 2010 12:01 a.m.

Legacy of Kain, maybe, no well...Chuck Norris is now pissed. Hope your happy with Chuck Norris finding you.
  • gilgamesh310 - February 23, 2010 10:56 a.m.

Portal is there but not half life 2, what!? Also where the hell is deus ex. It had a very well told believable story with hardly any cutscenes. The story telling combined elements of half life and system shock and happens to be one of the deepest around.
  • denyeverything - February 19, 2010 9:44 a.m.

God of War?!?! lol. Fanboy.
  • TedDidlio - February 8, 2010 6:20 p.m.

As much as I love and trust Gdar (which I'll continue to do) I must question how Beyond Good and Evil and GTA: SA ended up on both this list and the "Game stories that jumped the shark article." They can't be 2 of the 7 best gaming stories of all time, and also have flaws severe enough to put them on a list of the games that f*cked up their stories the most. Just saying. Not that I don't agree with those entries. Also, where's Mass Effect?? I would argue that and Bioshock are the 2 best game stories of all time.
  • ShadowWave - January 20, 2010 12:50 a.m.

How about Fire Emblem or Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance?
  • soapman1 - January 19, 2010 4:16 a.m.

glad halo ain't on here
  • FanofSaiyan - January 1, 2010 3:26 a.m.

Out of all these, Portal and God of War are my favorites.
  • alexsaysmeep - December 30, 2009 11:58 p.m.

Phew, was panicking that a final fantasy wouldn't make it in there then. Haha. How could I even have thought it? n__n
  • gdubbs359 - December 22, 2009 8:45 a.m.

Oh and definitely missing Final Fantasy Tactics
  • gdubbs359 - December 22, 2009 8:44 a.m.

Xenogears has always been my favorite. I was so amazed and surprised by the epic story it has to be the only rpg i went through twice in a row, just to experience it again.
  • Eizyark - December 22, 2009 6:41 a.m.

thanks GR for putting Grim Fandango on the list! grim fandango definitely deserves to be on that list. amazing story and awesome gameplay. KOTOR also there makes me happy :) ow and let's not forget Planescape : Torment being in the list too! but why no Baldur's Gate 2?? man was that game awesome. silent hill 1 and 2 for me are the best in the series. i wish they went back with the way they made the first 2 SH's story plot, well not the exact story but you know something in that line.
  • bowlhaeddd - December 21, 2009 3:33 a.m.

Baldur's gate 2: soa/tob or SMT: persona 3 are Obviously the best 2, come on !
  • eee - December 16, 2009 6:08 p.m.

Oh f@#k no why the hell did i read this entire article and halo 2 or 3 is not in it one of the best story lines of all time
  • Spybreak8 - December 15, 2009 6:28 a.m.

Just read this, linked from the recent article I just read, and man gotta add Mass Effect on here if doing the list again or modifying it for modern times. Still haven't played RE4 or FFVI but I do have RE4 for PC somewhere, might try to find that.
  • nik41507 - December 6, 2009 10:40 p.m.

no Command and Conquer mentions????? the story is epic
  • mattersnotnow - October 14, 2009 2:55 a.m.

Xenogears and Persona 2 should be there too. But I agree with mos of them. FFVI story was excellent. But give FFVII, it's actually quite good, story and character wise. Maybe with not as much character depth as FFVI, but with it own virtues.
  • bloodlessaspect - October 12, 2009 1:21 a.m.

KOTOR Hell yes!!!!!!! I've beaten that game at least 7 times, along with it's sequel. Simply the best storyline of pretty much any game or movie I have ever seen. Amazing characters, plot twists, and everything. If you haven't played it, do it as soon as possible. YOU WONT REGRET IT
  • Xplosive59 - October 6, 2009 7:34 p.m.

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS SHOULD BE NO.1
  • TheGodEmperor - September 25, 2009 7:58 p.m.

I still wonder why you hate Xenogears so :\ I'd say it deserves to be up there more than Portal.. portal didn't really have THAT much of a story.. sad when people put it up there as one of the best when it isn't lol. As for FF6? I dunno, I'd say FF9 is better. Better pacing, better development, better overall. I'll never get why people call FF7 cliche when it started the cliches and therefor isn't cliche lol. The first of something that starts a cliche isn't cliche, everything that copies from it is then cliche. Seriously, think of a villain like Sephiroth prior to Sephiroth and then think of how many after. I'll agree Kefka's the best FF villain though, no doubt about it. But Id is infinitely better as Kefka didn't REALLY destroy the world, just fucked it up good, where as Id destroyed an entire content CLEAN off the face of the planet and is a far more unique villain compared to any other in the history of gaming. Ah well.