• SuperStingray - December 28, 2010 2:58 p.m.

I can attest for God of War and Bayonetta having some of the best boss fights I've ever seen. I believe the best bosses are the ones you get to see fall apart as the battle goes on; it's just so much more satisfying than shooting a guy until his health bar hits zero.
  • Clovin64 - December 28, 2010 1:23 p.m.

I just want to mention that I took such a dislike towards Madison in Heavy Rain that I deliberatley killed her off during that Doctor fight. Later, Ethan is sitting alone in the motel thinking "Where the hell is Madison?" Ho ho.
  • Felixthecat - December 28, 2010 1:12 p.m.

Agreed with most of these comments; Bayonetta's bosses are all absolutely fantastic. Anyway, I'm happy that Gobbleguts got mentioned. While he isn't the hardest boss to take down, he's still kinda scary.
  • NappyAfro - December 28, 2010 12:59 p.m.

Aww, they chose Iustitia from Bayonetta? That fight was probably one of the boring bosses in the game. He was creepy but it was very straight forward boss to defeat. Temperantia,The Cardinal Virtue of Temperance or Father Balder are are easily more exciting than him.
  • Rub3z - December 28, 2010 12:52 p.m.

Dude... I think you should have given No More Heroes a mention. The giant fighting robots? That, or the samurai dude. That was one hell of a fight, presented in glorious, no-strings-attached fashion. You didn't even have to hack through a bunch of other guys to get to him, it was just one-on-one upon a cliffside arena, with the glorious setting sun the only audience. I loved that fight.
  • rut4000 - December 28, 2010 12:39 p.m.

I agree with Spawny0908, Bayonetta took bosses to a new level of cool, and hell yeah Poseidon was awesome, what a way to reintroduce the trilogy. Good List. x
  • spawny0908 - December 28, 2010 12:36 p.m.

Bayonetta's should be all of them. There was not one boss battle in that game that wasn't epic! Other than that good list.