Like most of Rockstar's sandbox games, there's a wagonfull of additional side missions to complete and trinkets to collect. Red Dead Redemption is no different, this time we'll be focusing on the game's Stranger missions, where you help random citizens you meet across the game by doing tasks for them, some more violent than others. The guide aims to be spoiler free, so we'll spare you the gritty details of the missions plots, and just give you the info you need to check all these little adventures off.
From picking flowers to aiding and abetting a cannibal, you're definitely going to have your hands full.
Here you will find the titles of all the Stranger quests, where to go to initiate each quest, and minor notes that may prove helpful when you work to complete the quest. Stranger tasks will frequently present you with choices, which can dramatically affect your fame and honor stats.
NOTE: Sometimes you will not immediately be told where to go to continue a stranger's quest: in such cases, simply wait. Eventually, a marker will appear on the map directing you toward the next event.
Complete the mission, "Political Realities in Armadillo."
Armadillo, near the Sheriff's building.
• This is a three-part quest, and can take some time to complete. Just be patient. The areas you'll need to visit will always be marked with a large purple circle in your map: just be patient.
• Before starting the second part, you will need to complete the mission, "Justice in Pike's Basin."
• Before starting the third and final part, you will need to complete the mission, "Wild Horses, Tamed Passions."
Complete the mission, "An Appointed Time."
• You can view the photos given to you for the mission.
Complete the mission, "Must A Savior Die?"
• For the first piece of the map, stay in Sidewinder Gulch and look for a pile of rocks near the edge of the cliff.
• Look inside the hut for another pile of rocks for the second piece of the map.
• Look at the base of the tall rock formation West of Matadero for another pile of rocks, and the third piece of the map.
• Go to Matadero to give Basilio the map, and then follow him to the treasure.
Complete the mission, "Women and Cattle."
• This quest is a series of encounters with a man, you'll have to wait a few in-game days between each encounter in order to trigger the next one.
Daedalus And Son
Complete the mission, "We Shall Be Together In Paradise."
Due East of Agave Viejo, near the road.
• Beavers can be found northwest of Beecher's Hope
• Red Sage can be found in the Rio Bravo area