• Jackonomics2.0 - December 11, 2013 8:56 p.m.

Wonder if you guys know about the Massive shitstorm going on about Mighty Number 9, Oh baby its gone in the massive shitter, a big one, guess? ill give you a minute..................................................a feminist problem, and no not an easy to attack overexaggeration, its a big problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXDSfUJBCj0
  • winner2 - December 11, 2013 9:39 p.m.

I watched it, and jesus fucking christ...
  • Redeater - December 12, 2013 1:07 a.m.

I ended up watching the entire thing and I'm with winner2........Jesus fucking Christ. I was sure I knew which direction he was taking until the end there. He does bring up some very interesting points. Had I backed this I would have been more upset that she hadn't really played MM as opposed to any "feminist agenda" she might have. I mean, at the end of the day isn't Inafune the one who gets to call the shots? And we all know how into feminism the Japanese videogame industry is.....cough...cough.....Killerisdead.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 12, 2013 10:37 a.m.

Its not even the feminist issue. More or less, she's a massive liar who tried to pretend as if she didnt know what this entire thing was but with so many holes, and people seeing how she suddenly became a mod, worse even a Fucking art designer for the game to which her problem even started as female representation. She says "It shouldnt change the game design whatsoever" then why the fuck does she care if the protag is a female or not if it shouldnt affect anything? Its true, inafune probably is the one to call te shots, but nobody had this considered nor was it questioned, they just wanted Dina to stop her with her bullshit excuse for how she squirmed her way in development for shitty reasons when all people want is to play a fucking Megaman game.
  • D0CCON - December 11, 2013 7:17 p.m.

I'm going to have to disagree with Ryse earning the "It actually doesn't suck" award.
  • GR_AndyHartup - December 12, 2013 12:43 a.m.

Ha - yes, that one did split opinion on the team. Personally, I think Ryse sucks, but I know loads of people really like it...
  • Scratch23 - December 11, 2013 6:16 p.m.

Great list I just hate how politics have to be thrown into a video game. I hear enough of that all day every day, like to escape it with video games. Other than that award it was a awesome list.
  • n00b - December 11, 2013 6 p.m.

what so no real best for real game of the year? you guys usually did them what gives?
  • GR HollanderCooper - December 11, 2013 6:02 p.m.

Friday, doing something bigger for that.
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 11, 2013 5:58 p.m.

Nice. Ni No Kuni? I guess Platinum Games is safe, for now
  • ihopethisisnotantistasblood - December 11, 2013 5:04 p.m.

i can't believe tyrantrum didn't win best dinosaur
  • shawksta - December 11, 2013 4:52 p.m.

"Best Game whose soundtrack you'd listen to on a daily basis" Mario and Luigi Dream Team :3
  • shawksta - December 11, 2013 4:51 p.m.

Another knock out of the park guys. Awesome Platinum Chalice awards. Nice categories and too bad for Ni no Kuni winning the Okami award, may it be never forgotten, nor tearaway. YES Dillon's Rolling Western got a mention for runner up, i love the sequel and i secretly hope he appears as a Character in smash because i still disagree with Malo being in.
  • universaltofu - December 11, 2013 7:10 p.m.

I have Dillon on my e-shop wishlist, though I barely remember ever putting it there to begin with, an intriguing little tower defense indeed.
  • shawksta - December 11, 2013 8:30 p.m.

Fun Fact: The Dillon games are made by the same people who made the Tingle RPG games in japan
  • codystovall - December 11, 2013 4:40 p.m.

Best male pokemon game, pokemon y.
  • Killshot - December 11, 2013 11:12 p.m.

and Best female pokemon x
  • rainn'sgaydar - December 11, 2013 3:46 p.m.

That Bioshock Infinite screen with the rainbow and chalice had to be chosen on purpose. Good job, whoever did that. I mean, it wasn't like Elizabeth needed any more help looking like a Disney princess lol The two games from these awards I kind of wish I'd played are Ni No Kuni and Fire Emblem, but I just couldn't. Too long for the former and strategy RPGs scare me. They legitimately intimidate me. I mostly agree with you guys, though I can't get on board with Rayman getting the old school reward. It only challenged me on a handful of levels, but then, if I'm exceptional at any genre, it's 2D platformers, so that may skew my opinion. Would've been cool to do a Most Nostalgia category. Winner: Link between Two Worlds. Runner-up: Theatrhythm. That did come out this year, right? If so, I would've liked to see that one get shoehorned in somehow. Nevertheless, fun read, as always and good job to all!
  • EAC73 - December 11, 2013 3:19 p.m.

Best game called Knack got me, good job this year guys.
  • RODTheMaster - December 11, 2013 3:09 p.m.

I love you guys, and your sense of humor. The Knack slide was the funniest thing I've ever seen.