• CitizenWolfie - December 17, 2013 4:59 a.m.

This one is ridiculously specific but here goes - The Drake's Fortune Award for Best Reboot Inspired by a Recent Game Series Inspired by the Original Game Series: Winner - Tomb Raider Runner Up - I got nothing
  • Ryu_Spiller - December 14, 2013 5:37 p.m.

I dont care how much hatred reviews put on Killer is Dead...I enjoyed it so much. Its a fun game to play for casual gamers.
  • rxb - December 15, 2013 5:28 p.m.

Me too, I really loved playing through it.
  • jeremycarrier - December 13, 2013 12:58 p.m.

Bob Barbas over Sen.Armstrong is some ol bullshit
  • Mdgeist316 - December 13, 2013 11:07 a.m.

How does Senator Armstrong not win this? I say that any political-themed awards should hereby be named "The Senator Armstrong Memorial badass politician award" from here on.
  • duffer00 - December 13, 2013 10:20 a.m.

This is definitely a personal thing but the ending of The Last of Us had a bigger impact on me then thending of Bioshock: Infinite. That might be because I had theending to Bioshock pretty much figured out. Then when I finished it I was like, "I totally saw that coming" then I went online to look at an explanation and thought, "Wait, what?" I liked The Last of Us ending because it was so emmotionally impactful.
  • EAC73 - December 12, 2013 6:03 p.m.

I think Rogue Legacy should of got at least Runner up for the Chozo Statue, or Old School Kick in the Ass.
  • Firepunch - December 12, 2013 10:26 a.m.

Seriously, Bob Barbus is better than Senator Armstrong, Mr Senator "Nanomachines Son!" Armstrong -The Senator Armstrong who piloted a giant grab mech -The Senator Armstrong who later absorbed the power of that mech to become more badass -The Senator Armstrong who broke your High Frequency Blade (Which cut trough metal and concrete) with his bare hands - The Senator Armstrong who is so awesome that he can drop kick and through the power of awesome make a crowd cheer come out of thin air - The Senator Armstrong who got his hand cut off then proceeded to use his cut off arm to cut off another persons arm - Th senator Armstrong who main ideal is that if you have a problem with anything you deal with it your self by waging your own personal war. Which sounds a lot better than Mr. "Im a Bill O Riely parody, Huur Huur" Senator Armstrong wins hands down
  • Sjoeki - December 12, 2013 8 a.m.

Another great edition of the platinum chalice awards! It's stuff like this that keeps me hooked on gamesradar.
  • Swedish_Chef - December 12, 2013 3:58 a.m.

I got bored so I decided to throw up a couple of ideas for Platinum Chalice award categories along with my personal picks for who would be the winners. The Touch Award for the Most 80's music: Winner - Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon. Runner up - Saints Row 4. Worst Backlash against a Good Game: Winner - DmC: Devil May Cry. Runner up - Xbox One Launch Titles. Game Most Likely Made on Drugs: Winner - Killer is Dead. Runner up - Saints Row 4. Year of Luigi Award (only games with Luigi as a primary aspect are Eligible): Winner - Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. Runner up - Mario & Luigi Dream Team. Most Improved Company: Winner - Ubisoft. Runner up - Double Helix. The Captain Price award for video game personality with the best facial hair: Winner - Smooth McGroove. Runner Up - Gabe Newell. HQ of Good: Winner - Valve. Runner up - Nintendo. Most Anticipated Tech: Winner - Oculus Rift. Runner up - Steam Machines. Best new Pokemon: Winner - Goomy. Runner up - Greninja and Hawlucha (tie). Even Now There is Hope For Man (Most Heartwarming Moment): Winner - Kickstarter success stories (for example Mighty No 9, Shovel Knight, Broken Age, Shantae and. Hyper Light Drifter to name a few). Runner up - Megaman, (made it into Smash, Mighty No.9 Kickstarter success). Best Mushroom Samba: Winner - GTA V. Runner up - Deadpool. Most Anticipated Current Generation Title: Winner - South Park the Stick of Truth. Runner up - Dark Souls 2. Most Anticipated Cross Generation Title: Winner - Watch Dogs. Runner up - Destiny, Titanfall (tie). Most anticipated New Gen Title (Multiplatform): Winner - Super Smash Bros. Runner up - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Most Anticipated Wii-U Exclusive. Winner - X. Runner up - Bayonetta 2. Most Anticipated Xbox One Exclusive: Winner - Halo (untitled likely 5). Runner up - Sunset Overdrive. Most Anticipated PS4 Exclusive: Winner - Infamous Second Son. Runner up - Deep Down. Most Anticipated PC Exclusive: Winner - Star Citizen. Runner up - The Sims 4. I'd do the same for 3DS, Vita, PS3 and 360 but I'm having trouble thinking of some right now. And just for fun here's some ideas for some Anti-Awards along with my personal picks. Epic Flail (worst use of peripheral controls): Loser - Fighter Within. Runner up - Xbox One Voice Control. The Last Guardian Award for Development Hell (note, Half-Life 3 is not eligible as it has not been officially shown): Loser - Prey 2. Runner up - The Last Guardian. The Obligatory Boo This Capcom Award: Loser - Capcom barely advertise Darkstalkers Resurrection which helped cause it's lacklustre sales and pretty much kills off any hope of a series revival in the future essentially killing the franchise. Runner up - Capcom spends approx 40 million dollars worth of Monster Hunter Profits on mobile game development. Revives Breath of Fire as a mobile exclusive RPG. HQ of Evil: Loser - Microsoft. Runner up - EA. Brown Award of Greyness: Loser - Dead Rising 3. Runner up - Ride to Hell Retribution. Where's the Video Game?: Loser - Beyond: Two Souls. Runner up - The first few hours of Ryse. Saltiest Game Delay: Loser - South Park the Stick of Truth (delayed so constantly and so close to release to the point that they even mocked themselves for the delays on the show). Runner up - Watch Dogs. Most Botched Online Launch: Loser - The SimCity fiasco. Runner up - GTA Online. The Environmentally Friendly Award for the Most Recycled Game Assets: Loser - Call of Duty Ghosts. Runner up - WWE 2K14 (would be the loser however with the debacle with THQ going bankrupt and them only having an incredibly short time period to make the game they have a solid excuse). The Never Bet on Duke Award For Most Disappointing Game That Escaped Development Hell: Winner - Aliens Colonial Marines. Runner up - Ride to Hell Retribution (unlike Aliens everyone knew this was going to suck but the initial concept of the game was pretty badass). Most Botched PC Port: Loser - Need For Speed Rivals. Runner up - Call of Duty Ghosts. The Giant Enemy Crab Award for the Most Embarrassing Press Event: Loser - Xbox One Reveal Event. Runner up - VGX. Most Missing in Action Nintendo IP: Loser - F-Zero (has been missing for two whole console generations). Runner up - Star Fox (only got a 3DS Remake of 64 in the west). Best Game Not Being Localised aka Please Get Your Crap Together Sega Award. Winner - Phantasy Star Online 2. Runner up - Yakuza 5.
  • GR_HenryGilbert - December 12, 2013 7:20 a.m.

Damn, those are all pretty great. Guys, follow this guy's example with more suggestions
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 12, 2013 7:47 a.m.

"I fucking told you so" award Winner: Tom about Knack going to be shit Runner-up: Reggie with Super Mario 3D World and "PLAY. THE. GAME." Where the FUCK were you this entire year Award Winner: Dark Souls 2 Runner-up: Yarn Yoshi Holy shit stop it with all these memes award Winner: Nintendo's online advertisement through facebook,twitter, etc. Runner up: Mario and Luigi Dream Team Best E3 performance Winner: EA Runner Up: Ubisoft Fuck making games, we a realistic simulator now Winner: Forza 5 Runner-up: Gone home The EA award for most dickish move all year, Winner: The Xbone damage control before the 180 Runner-up: Everybody that kept putting the yearly articles of Nintendoom The system wars award for causing the biggest butthurt Winner: Tie between Rayman Legends Delay just to port a mere 2 weeks from release, and Bayonetta 2 Wii U exclusive Runner-up: Super Mario 3D World at E3
  • Jackonomics2.0 - December 12, 2013 9:27 a.m.

No wait Bayonetta 2 boogaloo was last Year, Rayman then.
  • Killshot - December 11, 2013 11:09 p.m.

You heard it here people who only read award titles but don't read description on awards or warnings. GAMESRADAR WANTS US TO PIRATE ASSASINS CREED 4 BLACKFLAG Here's a link: instantdanceparty.com
  • GOD - December 11, 2013 9:57 p.m.

I love the overly specific ones that have an equally great winner and runner up, and the Okami award is always great, although you guys really really seem to feel burned by Knack. I mean it doesn't seem great, more OK or decent, but you guys reeaaallly seem to have a vendetta against it for getting your hopes up. Also I preferred TLOU ending, because it made a hell of a lot more sense to me. Whenever you get into time/dimensional loops like Infinite did you have to tread carefully, I feel like it's solution at the end didn't really make sense and was more of a "we need to end this before it gets anymore complicated" kind of cop out. TLOU's ending gave me the feels and I'm a pretty jaded gamer when it comes to actually feeling immersed with my characters.
  • FierceVoltage - December 11, 2013 9:54 p.m.

Really surprised Pokemon X and Y didn't win most potent video game crack this year, not even second?
  • jorge-patino - December 11, 2013 9:12 p.m.

Most underrated game Beyond: Two Souls
  • profile0000 - December 11, 2013 9:10 p.m.

I love the shit out of this article every year. Great work!