Topics

GTA

We Recommend

• Redeater - November 3, 2011 6:42 a.m.

That is fine with me. I would rather have a smaller city with more detail then a larger area with 80% more empty fields. And this is coming from someone who loved San Andreas.
  • db1331 - November 3, 2011 7:12 a.m.

I loved SA as well, but it was absurdly large. I'm sad to see multiplayer making a return though. I'd rather see them use the time they spent developing the MP portion on making the SP portion just that much better.
  • Redeater - November 3, 2011 7:42 a.m.

What do you expect? Your average filthy, mouth breathing gamer will complain about a lack of multi player if it isn't there. Then when they do put it in a game it is completely forgotten 1-3 days later after the masses return to their COD or BF3. Bioshock 2, Kane & Lynch, Stranglehold, etc, etc, etc all have this problem. I mean why bother perfecting a single player game when you can add in instantly forgettable and sub-par multi player portions of a game right?
  • db1331 - November 3, 2011 8:19 a.m.

You forgot GTA IV, RDR, Uncharted 2 and 3, Dead Space 2, and soon Mass Effect 3. I'm so glad Ken Levine scoffed at the notion of BioShock Infinite MP. There is still some hope left in the gaming world.
  • HamsterGutz - November 3, 2011 8:52 a.m.

If by RDR you mean Red Dead Redemption, that's not a good example of a sequel having MP when the first game didn't, as Red Dead Revolver did have multiplayer. Fun multiplayer I might add.
  • Redeater - November 3, 2011 10:11 a.m.

I didn't say RDR but Rockstar seems to be the exception to the rule. I 100% the single player parts of RDR and most of GTA4. While I did have some fun with GTA MP I never cared for RDR MP. Point is not every company is Rockstar. While they have the ability to dedicate an entire team to MP parts, other companies have to take the team off the single player and work on some terrible MP segments. Unless your Bioshock 2.....in which case they outsource their MP to another company....and look how that ended up.
  • TheZigMan - November 3, 2011 12:43 p.m.

RDR multiplayer was pretty awesome in my opinion. Better than COD for sure
  • BladedFalcon - November 3, 2011 9:02 a.m.

Same here, cause I won't even bother with MP at all. But oh well. *shrugs* It's become a popular trend these days, right?
  • Meleedragon27 - November 3, 2011 3:38 p.m.

I liked the empty fields; one of my favorite things to do in San Andreas was to go off-roading in the wilderness (preferably in a Buffalo or a Huntley, though a Landstalker would work, too).