We Recommend

• MetroidPrimeRib - April 6, 2012 1:13 p.m.

Pretty funny how the other two console lists had no exclusives and this one is fucking loaded with them Whatever I already knew the Wii was the best console anyway it's the only one with actually interesting games
  • Cloud1Fair3 - April 6, 2012 7:08 p.m.

Not sure if trolling. I haven't seen the other lists in which you speak of, but there's no way Wii was the best console nor the only one with actually interesting games. I got the wii for X-mas, and aside from a few party games from time to time, it sees no daylight. Maybe the other 2 systems couldn't boast exclusives because most of the best games were avialable on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, but if gamesradar didn't include Gears of War, Left 4 Dead for Xbox 360 nor Uncharted 2, InFamous 2, God of War 3 in best games for the PS3 then gamesradar is obviously a fucking joke (I'm guessing they aren't that bad). The Wii is absoultely terrible and the only games I'd even bother to pick up for it are mario/zelda games (and Monster Hunter Tri). Other than that, it should just quietly retire into console history as lame. The only reason it sold so well and broke so many records is because it was a party game system had games that weren't even really games (exercise shit and quiz/trivia shit) so everybody had a use for it outside of just as a gaming device. My grandparents have a Wii for Christ sakes and they're not even gamers by any stretch of the imagination. People bought Wii's for each other and their families as X-mas gifts with not much intention for them to be used for hardcore gaming or anything. The system just hit as a casual device that people should just have for parties and family fun (a modern board-game replacement). The PS3 (maybe I'm biased) is easily the best system/gaming library of this gen. Xbox 360 is more for first-person shooter jocks and online gamer junkies than anything (although some hardcore, non-shooter gamers love it and prefer it to the PS3 I suppose). But the PS3 has an actually deep and interesting gaming library outside of relying on FPS's and cheap gimick family/party games. Uncharted series, InFamous series, God of War 3, Ratchet & Clank games, Little Big Planet -it may be a family/party game, but it at least has its own interesting charm and the ability to customize and create-, I would also mention Resistance but I don't want to include FPS's in the list so as to seperate it from 360. PS3 also had some great DLC exclusives like Scott Pilgrim, Journey, InFamous:Festival of Blood, etc. I haven't even needed to bring up the actual multi-system games that made 360 and PS3 better than Wii, but feel free to ask and I'll list so many you'll feel baffled. Good day, sir. While I respect your right to opinion. I firmly believe your opinion sucks and is without strong basis.
  • MetroidPrimeRib - April 7, 2012 9:11 a.m.

Like I give a shit about multi-plats on consoles I have a PC why would I get multi-plats on my PS3/360? Wii dominates exclusive wise, Nintendo has the best AAA titles and the best third party titles
  • Ironarm - April 7, 2012 9:49 a.m.

I gotta agree with Rib here. The Wii is a fricking powerhouse when it comes to exclusives. *cough* Xenoblade Chronicles *cough*
  • Makuta52 - April 6, 2012 1:22 p.m.

Although I love Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime 3, I'm going to have to say Deadly Creatures is the best. The environment is detailed, the plot interesting, and the combat very satisfying. Still a good list, GR.
  • Sentient - April 6, 2012 1:29 p.m.

You guys missed Monster Hunter Tri.
  • artcellrox - February 12, 2013 12:47 a.m.

It's in the list.
  • WizardZombie - April 6, 2012 2:45 p.m.

Opinions are opinions, GR made a list of their favourite Wii games, and even included a page stating "What do you think?". This doesn't mean that everyone will agree with them; imagine how boring it would be if everybody did. If everyone agreed with everyone on everything the world would be a horribly shit place. I thought Red Steel 2 was fun.
  • GR HollanderCooper - April 6, 2012 2:56 p.m.

ADVENTURE TIME
  • azureguy - April 6, 2012 3:24 p.m.

You favor the second No More Heroes over the original? Gamesradar, I am disappoint. In case of Super Mario Galaxy 2 it's cool because yes, the second part is better by like, 2 % over an already near-perfect game. But everyone who hasn't heard of No More Heroes or Suda 51 NEEDS to play the fist game first. Sure it doesn't make too much of a difference story-wise, and the minigames are slightly (again, by like 2%) less annoying in the second game, but the first game is just more classy.
  • FOZ - April 6, 2012 4:44 p.m.

Obligatory "I dislike this format." Obligatory "I think Super Mario Galaxy 1 is way better." First game is better in every single way. Second game had absolutely horrible pacing and so little of the charm. Also the No More Heroes 2 screenshot is not only from the first game, it's from a pre-release version of the first game. What's with that? I would put DKCR above New Super Mario Bros., but the rest I can't exactly disagree with.
  • DecoyOctorok - April 7, 2012 8:02 p.m.

I think the level design is SMG2 slightly edges out the original but Rosalina's story makes the the first SMG more memorable. I also preferred the hub to the layout in SMG2.
  • laurenhiya21 - April 6, 2012 7:03 p.m.

Meh, I didn't really like Shattered Memories or Galaxy 2 that much... But still, I generally like the Wii, since there are some good games on it (hate the controller though ._.) I'm kind of surprised that Monster Hunter Tri isn't on here though (oh and I thought Trauma Center was super good... if you had a friend to help ><)
  • grappler51 - April 6, 2012 10:54 p.m.

I would've liked to see Red Steel 2 on there. Also Monster Hunter Tri is pretty good..
  • DecoyOctorok - April 7, 2012 4:17 p.m.

I would also like to nominate Endless Ocean.
  • Darkhawk - April 9, 2012 7:50 a.m.

Blue World is one of my all-time favourite games. Seriously, that is far and away one of the great all-time adventures
  • artcellrox - February 12, 2013 12:45 a.m.

RS2 and Tri are both on this list...
  • KolbitosFruitJuice - April 7, 2012 8:44 a.m.

Ah. Great list. Twilight princess should be on there, but oh wells. I'm currently taking a break from my 360 and playing this shit out of my Wii, so this list has given me some ideas. Once I finish Skyward Sword on hero mode, I'm gonna FINALLY finish that last boss on Muramasa, and then go buy Zack and Wiki. I have no idea why thats not in my collection already. Or SMG 2.
  • mbavalo - April 7, 2012 1 p.m.

I still see a Mario game appearing ever so often, and simply because of this, i choose not to believe the wii has an awesomely large collection of games. Yes there are good games but whenever i think wii, Mario appears in my head, and I would not want to stick with Mario for a whole console generation. Sorry wii, just not buying it
  • DecoyOctorok - April 7, 2012 4:12 p.m.

That's your own problem then. Anyone that claims that the Wii was all waggling gimmicks never gave it a fair chance. It has plenty of great games.
  • ncurry2 - April 7, 2012 4:32 p.m.

Well you must hate all video game systems then. Op, 360 has a halo. It sucks. Op, PS3 has a gran turismo. It sucks. Op, PC has a new sim city game. It sucks. Ever stop and consider that maybe Mario has remained a critical and commercial success for 25 years now because the games continue to evolve and deliver some of the best experiences on any console? Or did you play Super Mario Bros on NES and assume that every game after that was a remake?
  • mbavalo - April 14, 2012 2:16 a.m.

hahaha, funny. in my case, each and every time i see a collection of nintendo games there is always mario dominating! give him a break. Have you ever seen gamesRadar having an article asking whether or not they should give grand turismo a break? no, but they have one about mario. When you see the nintendo gamers website, who appears in the main picture/thumbnail? you guessed it, that freakin plumber! mario was cool but now they are just too lazy to make new games or they are out of creative idea. And again, the number of halo games have not even hit 10,grand turismo is a simulator, its more helpful than as a game on its own, Sim city sucks, yeah, but PC gaming has its own advantages, including graphics which nintendo has not even come close to. All mario games are the same, the just add some more things to make you waste your money on it
  • talleyXIV - May 25, 2012 10:21 a.m.

Nintendo has more huge mascots than any other company for a reason. They made fantastic characters almost 20 years ago and they are so great that they never had to go away. Nintendo: Mario, Link (Zelda), Kirby, Samus (Metroid), Donkey Kong, and even Punch-Out has lasted a long time. Those are five absolutely huge mascots and I didn't name characters like Yoshi or Wario who are also very recognizable. Playstation's have all kicked the bucket, Crash Bandicoot, Jak, Ratchet and Clank has lost its notoriety, and many others. Xbox: I can name two, Master Chief and Marcus from GoW. Forgive Nintendo for thinking that since their characters have lasted around 25 years each, they should keep using them in their absolutely great games. Go play Super Mario Galaxy 2 or any Zelda game and tell me that they should stop making those games just because they have done a lot of them.