• Groocifer - May 2, 2012 2:41 p.m.

I'm disappointed (but not surprised, given that this article was from the GR US team) that the classic isometric Batman game from Ocean Software on the Spectrum and C64 didn't get a mention. Admittedly the game had almost nothing to do with the caped crusader whatsoever, but the little Batman sprite was the cutest you'll ever see!
  • shawksta - May 2, 2012 9:07 a.m.

Great list, especially the inclusion of Cole and Turtles in time! I agree heavily with choosing Ultimate Spider-man, it definitly improved Spider-man 2's concept and Playing Venom was just fantastic despite it being timed, but its all worth beating the game.
  • TriforcePlayer - May 2, 2012 9:01 a.m.

Spider-Man 2
  • KA87 - May 2, 2012 8:25 a.m.

A very interesting list. I liked the addition of Cole because he can be a superhero or superevil. Is it me or are you technically a superhero in most games today? 1. In most games your character has super human powers like being shot 500 times and not dying or biotic powers. 2. In most games you play as the hero of the story. You guys should make a list of the best super villains in gaming. You can start with Cole and Alex Mercer. You could also throw in Glados and Wesker, but you don't play as them in the main game.
  • TheHowetzer - May 2, 2012 8:24 a.m.

I am shocked that you picked Arkham City. No I'm not. However...Prototype was passed over for Infamous...hrmmm that's interesting yes? It is.
  • talleyXIV - May 2, 2012 2:38 p.m.

The guy from Prototype is not a super hero in the least bit. You can barely define him as a mercenary.
  • Mr.YumYums - July 22, 2013 1:09 p.m.

Yeah, that guy's a maniac.
  • jackthemenace - May 2, 2012 8:14 a.m.

Man, I still haven't got round to playing Arkham City yet, and it's something I really want to do. The other two things in the article I definitely want to pick up are M:UA and Ultimate Spiderman now. Especially the altter; I was fully expecting the PSOne Spiderman to make the list, what with it being F*CKING AMAZING, and to find out that there was a better one? brilliant :D
  • Amcnally - May 2, 2012 6:41 a.m.

gotta say, I'm pretty disappointed with this list... MUA 1 was far superior to the 2nd one in terms of gameplay, storyline, graphics, voice acting, characters (except Juggernaut & Gambit, they were awesome),etc - they completely ruined the civil war storyline with the idiotic nanite sidestory.... oh, and fuck Freedom Force. And X-Men Origins: Wolverine was awesome too
  • bass88 - May 2, 2012 3:47 a.m.

You included The Punisher. That is good.
  • EchoFx - May 1, 2012 11:35 p.m.

I'm so glad you guys included Ultimate Spider-Man. Until Arkham Asylum came out, it was my all-time favorite superhero game.
  • bazookatooth17 - May 1, 2012 7:52 p.m.

I honestly feel that infamous 1 mcgrath was more beast than infamous 2 I didnt get that same sense of power and the ensuing destruction I could wreak in the second one as I did in the first one
  • forestfire55 - May 1, 2012 7:44 p.m.

How about that one marvel game...i forgot what its called, the one with the enemies killing off the heros and you play as the heros and villans... help me out guys and girl
  • slimjim441 - May 1, 2012 10:29 p.m.

Was it Marvel: Nemesis?
  • forestfire55 - May 2, 2012 4:55 p.m.

THANK YOU!!!
  • Japanaman - May 1, 2012 7:42 p.m.

Glad to see Freedom Force on the list, but Spider-Man 2 (128 bit generation), X-Men: The Arcade Game, Spider-Man/Venom Separation Anxiety, Captain America & The Avengers (Arcade), Comix Zone, The Incredible Hulk (16 bit), Batman: Vengeance, Spider-Man (Arcade), and X-Men 2: Clone Wars deserve mentioning.
  • Redeater - May 1, 2012 7:34 p.m.

You forgot Superman for the NES!!
  • KungFuMan - May 1, 2012 7:32 p.m.

I have to be completely honest: I love MUA1 much more than 2. It had more presence, fun and the dlc actually added something to the game worthwhile.
  • BladedFalcon - May 1, 2012 7:08 p.m.

Weird, I had the impression that here at GR you guys hated most beat them ups from back then? I could even swear Turtles in time was featured in such an article in which they called beat them ups overrated. Anyway, cool list, made me smile that you had Infamous 2 in there. It might not feature any comic superhero, but Cole's story and romp definitely fits the tone, and it's quite fitting to be here.
  • Redeater - May 1, 2012 7:43 p.m.

I get the feeling that they are unnecessarily cynical about a lot of things. I actually watched them live stream the Simpsons arcade game and I wasn't even sure that they said one positive thing about it. Kind of ironic since they had damned near a whole podcast where they talked about the Southpark where everything turns to shit for Stan because he got older.