• metalheadredd - March 4, 2014 9:41 a.m.

One of the best RPG series to grace the system was Shadow Hearts. Sad that you didn't have this one.
  • Veedot - March 4, 2014 10:34 a.m.

Um well Shadow Hearts was a PS2 game
  • KoldFira - July 21, 2014 3:48 a.m.

Loved that game.
  • Rojoco - March 4, 2014 9:35 a.m.

I would argue Year of the Dragon was the best release in the Spyro series. Also disappointed by the lack of a REAL Crash Bandicoot game on the list. Not that CTR wasn't amazing, I just really liked Crash 2.
  • peaceful765 - March 4, 2014 9:25 a.m.

Only got to 43 and I have to comment.... COLONY WARS. I loved these games. Showed that space sims could be done with style on a home console not just PC or home computers. I think the space ship shooter/sim genre needs to be revisited. Nothing worthy, IMHO, for years. This gen could do amazing things with the graphics, AI and the use of cameras*, Kinect, touch pads, voice recognition and second screens. Colony wars, Freespace, X-wing, Tie fighter, Wing commander, X3, Freelancer and of course Elite and even Starglider and Star Raiders on Atari 400 cartridge. These are some universes that need exploring again, in a one-man spaceship, with "next Gen" sheen and gloss. New games could fulfil things that could only be dreamt about when these sort of games were popular i.e. Transition-less on foot sections in space stations, planet landings, real communication with friendlies/enemies and GIGANTIC SPACESTATIONS TO FLY AROUND OR EVEN ENTER** Jedi-like!! I know that Elite:Dangerous is Incoming and No mans sky also looks promising but I think there's room for more variation and something in the more Colony Wars or Wing Commander vein. *Maybe not cameras. Imagine playing a space sim online You're in the middle of an intense dog fight in a crowded asteroid belt.You take down an enemy starfighter. A communication window opens up on your HUD and you are informed by N00bk1ller95's genitals about something nasty involving your mother. Illusion breaker......... **I mean really big.....
  • Danteska - March 4, 2014 9:20 a.m.

Best ps1 games and you guys do not include any of the dino crisis? really?
  • Darkhawk - March 4, 2014 9:09 a.m.

I realise it's gotten popular to shit on FF7 just because it was too good... but really? You COMPLETELY left it off the list?
  • Rojoco - March 4, 2014 9:22 a.m.

It's number 17.
  • metalheadredd - March 4, 2014 9:40 a.m.

Slide 35.
  • TheGooseinator - March 4, 2014 9:52 a.m.

It was #17. A little low, sure, but it was on the list.
  • Darkhawk - March 6, 2014 2:59 p.m.

All right, all right! I stand corrected. I just flipped past so many *other* Final Fantasies, I thought it was removed completely. But yeah, 17th is a bit too low for my liking!
  • NuAngel - March 28, 2014 7:22 a.m.

#17. Evidently someone doesn't know how roman numerals work. ;)
  • kyperk7 - March 4, 2014 9:04 a.m.

LEGEND OF DRAGOON!!! Definately one if my favorite games, now I want to play it again haha
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - March 4, 2014 9:07 a.m.

Super good ^_^
  • steven-grau - March 4, 2014 8:31 a.m.

Good list, can't argue with those top 3! I wish I enjoyed FF9 more myself, but the trance system occurring at the most inconvenient times, or having to use weaker gear for a long time to learn skills, always grinds my gears lol. Having said that, still a great game, and I wouldn't argue with its placing!
  • james-kelley - March 4, 2014 8:27 a.m.

Dino-Crisis 1 & 2, Legend of Dragoon, Jade Cacoon, Spyro, Croc Legend of Gabbos. How many of us wish we still had our original games.......I Do! lol I do still have original Dinocrisis 1 & 2, Silent Hill, FF7, Trag and spyro.
  • Cyberninja - March 4, 2014 8:23 a.m.

Only thing I would say this list is missing is Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. The game still holds up really well to this day.
  • homestar99 - March 4, 2014 7:49 a.m.

Thank you for the nostalgia trip GR. I have no gripes with this list. DON'T FUCK UP THE PS2 LIST! DO YOU HEAR ME!
  • BladedFalcon - March 4, 2014 7:34 a.m.

Can't argue with the top 3 in the list at all, those 3 completely deserve their spots :D I am a bit surprised that Xenogears isn't anywhere in the list though. I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I have heard nothing but fantastic things about it.
  • michael-villacrusis - March 4, 2014 7:31 a.m.

Where is Xenogears?!