• Theonik - March 19, 2009 6:18 p.m.

God i love the call of duty red square soundtrack it's by far my favorite in the entire series, i actually have extracted the mp3 from the game files so i can listen to it
  • Skidd777 - March 19, 2009 6:20 p.m.

I love the music from BioShock and Jet Grind Radio.
  • mrandydixon - March 19, 2009 6:51 p.m.

My favorite game soundtrack of all time is for Total Annihilation. Not only were the all-orchestral tracks brilliantly incorporated into this RTS, but you could actually pop the game CD into your stereo and listen to the tracks any time you wanted!
  • RebornKusabi - March 19, 2009 7:10 p.m.

I immediently downloaded the entire Bionic Commando- Rearmed soundtrack off of I-Tunes the minute I finished the game... like seriously, THE minute I finished the game and the credits were rolling, I hoped online and bought it. ****ing amazing soundtrack!
  • FierceDeity - March 19, 2009 8:05 p.m.

f-zero's music is freaking awesome cant beat the mute city theme (all renditions in all the games i've played have been awesome even gx) and the casino palace tune is legendary :) also quite partial to the themes from the lightning and the port town stages show me your tunes!
  • octagons - March 19, 2009 8:10 p.m.

didn't the Bioshock theme win best theme at the spike VGA awards that year?
  • GR_DavidHoughton - March 19, 2009 8:20 p.m.

Casino Palace is an immense tune! The first time I played that race and the soundtrack suddenly turned into a full-on wailing jazz assault, it blew my mind. It's such a left-field approach for a racing game, but it suits the racetrack amazingly well. As does everything in GX in fact. It's a brilliantly tailored set of music.
  • noobeater - March 19, 2009 8:58 p.m.

i loved blast corps what an awesome game that music really bought memories back same with the Earthworm Jim but best music ever in a game is Banjo Kazooie it so catchy and easy to remember
  • Tomsta666 - March 19, 2009 9:07 p.m.

Interesting article, but a few of those were pretty high profile games which were critically acclaimed for their scores! Nonetheless, enjoyed the trip down memory lane :)
  • Donnagen - March 19, 2009 9:56 p.m.

Bionic Commando is amazing! Worthy of a Ministry of Sound Albumn! Die hard was great as well.
  • omegapirate2010 - March 19, 2009 10:11 p.m.

Another soundtrack no one remembers... mostly because no one remembers the games... is the soundtrack to the Baten Kaitos series. Amazing stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Tx3DWeQcU
  • sofaku - March 19, 2009 11 p.m.

i was just playing jet set radio future then i saw this feature.
  • Oxfordcomma4 - March 19, 2009 11:18 p.m.

It isn't overlooked in any way, shape, or form, but the music from Halo and from Timesplitters 2 is really good! Also, brilliant article... game music deserves far more atention, especialy BioShock.
  • derrderr420 - March 19, 2009 11:24 p.m.

I can listen to the game over screen in Shadow of the beast II all effing day
  • Hobojedi - March 19, 2009 11:25 p.m.

... You forgot the music from Red Alert II, I loved a lot of those.
  • GR_DavidHoughton - March 19, 2009 11:45 p.m.

jhr_151: I've just had a listen to Fester's Quest. That stuff is insane! (in a good way) To go from that almost calypso version of the Addams Family theme to some of the darkest sounds I've ever heard a NES make, and then to some pounding uptempto beats? Why was I not aware of this soundtrack before?
  • Synchronatic - March 20, 2009 12:10 a.m.

Great list, but what about Chrono Cross? Those who listen to it know its greatness but so few have actually played the amazing game. (Seriously, sequel to the best RPG of all time, play it NOW One of my favourite soundtracks of all time without a doubt
  • Red - March 20, 2009 2:40 a.m.

A few of the tracks from Sonic Adventure should be on this list too. Admit it, there are a few good ones.
  • WaywardRenegade - March 20, 2009 3:04 a.m.

how about Legend of Dragoon, Lost Odyssey, and Mass Effect. Those have some of the most powerfull and moving songs in gaming.
  • Corsair89 - March 20, 2009 5:44 a.m.

Atelier Iris has a great soundtrack, but I am more fond of the soundtracks of its cousins, Ar tonelico and Ar tonelico II. AT1 and AT2 have amazing soundtracks that are upbeat, soothing, and catchy. I absolutily love any of the songs that sing in the Reyvateil language. The developers obviously spent a lot of time and care in making them.