• RebornKusabi - April 28, 2009 10:44 p.m.

I'm a huge fan of the Streets of Rage series' music. Once again, love the article!
  • kubes - April 28, 2009 10:47 p.m.

why'd ya have to make this level so hardddd i got a whole bunch of bananas.....
  • KREATIVEassassin - April 28, 2009 10:52 p.m.

Any music from Silver Surfer is an absolute beast. Amazing soundtrack.
  • GoldenMe - April 28, 2009 11:01 p.m.

Sonic games have the best music. Hands down. I remember every song from Sonic 2...... Come the fuck on Sonic Team! Stop pissing around and make the series that you're named after better!!!! RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • somthing42 - April 28, 2009 11:25 p.m.

Yeah Sonic Rush!!!!! recaptcha: Nixon's housings
  • game-thugsta - April 28, 2009 11:25 p.m.

F-Zero X??????? that shit was dank son!
  • TheWebSwinger - April 28, 2009 11:50 p.m.

Who else but Brett could have written this article? It should make for good TDar talk.
  • Xtapolapopotamus - April 29, 2009 12:28 a.m.

Absolutely terrific article, Brett. It's great to see how music has evolved over the years, and you picked some great choices for the representations.
  • LOUDcarBOMB - April 29, 2009 1:38 a.m.

Castlevania, DKC, MGS, Sonic series, and SSBB are pretty awesome. Nintendo makes some of the best video game music right now, especially SSBB theme. Great work on the article!!!
  • Gourdmaster - April 29, 2009 3:10 a.m.

The Outrun one sounds like complete shit
  • phoenix_wings - April 29, 2009 4:30 a.m.

And here I thought I was one of the only ones that loved DKC music. I swear, the bonus room music got stuck in my head for 'hours' at a time. I can hear it now......Oh no!
  • BodyDamage - April 29, 2009 4:58 a.m.

man, spectacular article. that silver surfer track blew me away, i cant believe that was NES. also, i have never played the original MGS but i can't believe how cinematic that was, especially for PS1, really impressive stuff.
  • FistfulofPelican - April 29, 2009 8:55 a.m.

10/10 for including UmJammer Lammy music!
  • sprog - April 29, 2009 10:19 a.m.

First of all, an absolutely cracking article! It was good to see FF6's theme in there, that games had music that provoked the rare (at the time) feeling that you weren't just playing a game, you were following an epic and well crafted story. If I had to add anything to the list I'd have to say Thunder Force IV - those riffs were amazing -, FF7's One Winged Angel - an entire choir assembled for one last boss theme? Crazy! - and I always loved the Pyramid Head boss music at the end of SH2, horrifing and beautiful at the same time with such despairing, tragic air.
  • G0LFK4RT - April 29, 2009 10:54 a.m.

My favourite ones on this list are Castlevania III, Silver Surfer, and MGS. I actually don't like the Megaman soundtrack that much, but I really really like the Megaman 2 soundtrack. Dr Wily Stage 1 FTW. ReCaptcha: Yellowed Especially
  • dustLOOP - April 29, 2009 11:32 a.m.

What about Castlevania SOTN - Lost Paintings?! That track orchestral-wise in the game ost world is light years ahead of its time. Well I think so anyway :D
  • RedOutlive10 - April 29, 2009 1:55 p.m.

Definitely yes for Metal Gear Solid's Encounter. Made boss battles unforgettable.
  • Xplosive59 - April 29, 2009 3:41 p.m.

WOOT sound garden Fear factory DK is not any indication to the industrial death metal band Fear Factory REcaptcha: Castrate large (dont hurt me)
  • BenitoMasterSystem - April 29, 2009 3:50 p.m.

How come a karate chopping, fu manchu moustache wearing giant onion doesn't get any shit for a gong sound effect, but TDar had to retire theirs?!?! Injustice if ever there was one.
  • PCG_Evan - April 29, 2009 5:23 p.m.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Earthworm Jim, DOOM, and a hojillion other PC games would've qualified well for this, too.