• peaceful765 - April 29, 2009 4:06 p.m.

Tracks I think were ahead if their time? -Megablast from Xenon 2 ( although not an original game track, was amazing for its time) -Chaos Engine with its electronic music that changed when you got to a certain parts of the map.
  • Unoriginal - April 29, 2009 4:31 p.m.

I agree with all of theese except the OutRun one. It may just be the sample but the tune sounds like a Genesis crashing. Great list.
  • Ban - April 29, 2009 4:41 p.m.

my faves Donkey Kong Country & PaRappa awesome nice article Brett
  • PCG_Evan - April 29, 2009 5:26 p.m.

Also: Shatterhand is maybe the best least-appreciated NES soundtrack out there. Have a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Q-5NnDc90
  • SandroTheMaster - April 30, 2009 12:01 a.m.

@JakkedGamer They didn't include Duke Nukem because GamesRadar cares not about PCGaming, save the odd decade-and-half old adventure that is. Several RTS and TBS had unique ahead-of-its-time music themes, but they couldn't bother, as long as they can say their praises to 90ies Nintendo nostalgia. Even in the Best Games by platform (or somesuch) they separated the companies by console generation (which lasts about 5 years each) and the PC was separated by decade (when the game generations are way faster in PCs, about 3 years). Do you notice that whenever they make these lists there's only a chance in hell a PC game will show on it (and a RPG won't be a Final Fantasy) if it's a list about adventure games?
  • SirChukSumthng - April 30, 2009 4:19 a.m.

I think legendary should be on here because its soundtrack was amazingly composed and gives the player(at least me) an amp before I evan started playing. Best Example is the main menu song just perfect for FPS.
  • noobeater - April 30, 2009 4:32 p.m.

i agree with rare hero...any ridge racer game has awesome soundtrack but banjo kazooie has some of the most memorable tunes with slightly changes when in the water etc...youtube it. Now also has to be said all those tunes are great
  • Skykid - April 30, 2009 10:03 p.m.

What, No Halo?!?! Dude, the soundtrack was epic! I mean, seriously, why not Halo? Is it lame, or didn't make the cut?
  • iHeartNintendo - April 30, 2009 11:07 p.m.

i simply loved this article great job and amazing song the one that was second to last i so dig that song ! infact im dowloading it as we speak >:3 gratz on article once again !
  • VideoGameKing - May 1, 2009 2:45 a.m.

what the name of the Super smash bros. brrawl theme
  • AyJay - May 1, 2009 7:23 a.m.

ssbb has the best vg soundtrack evaar!!!
  • blademage20 - May 1, 2009 8:04 p.m.

If they make a sequel to this article, they should put in the Too Human OST. While the game is ok, the music is absolutrly beastly. If u havent heard it, find it on iTunes (yes its there, I have it) and listen to some of the samples.
  • The_Tingler - May 2, 2009 5:09 p.m.

Think you should've included Monkey Island 2 in there for the dynamic iMuse system, but otherwise an excellent list. I didn't realise Sonic Rush had such an excellent soundtrack!
  • Germcleaner - May 3, 2009 10:38 p.m.

I loved how GTA3 used sound. Being able to change stations that sounded like real ones was great.
  • Blackbird - May 16, 2009 11:58 a.m.

Pause at 1:27 of the sonic CD clip... Hilarious! reCAPTCHA: mildewed "Bwana
  • secretsearcher - August 29, 2009 3:40 p.m.

That Magical Sound Shower song reminds me of the Dragon Roost Island music from wind waker for some reason...
  • secretsearcher - August 29, 2009 3:56 p.m.

Pretty good music I have to admit.
  • secretsearcher - August 29, 2009 3:59 p.m.

And that Alien Breakdown Song has a seriously good beat to it. I'm a popper/hip hop dancer, and that made me want to go and get down under like a disco ball or something. Good stuff!!
  • ELpork - April 28, 2009 9:35 p.m.

Yaay, LOVE The ssbb theme.
  • michaelmcc827 - April 28, 2009 9:35 p.m.

Brett's raging erection for game music has again been satisfied. Great article!