Having trouble remaking Hitchcock's classic The Birds in GTA 5's video tools? Turns out one of the fixes in the game's very first patch resolves an issue where birds wouldn't record correctly in the PC version's exclusive Rockstar Editor, so - if you have an updated client - they should be ready for their closeup.
If you're not so concerned with capturing the cinematic exploits of avians, the patch will also smoothe out a glitch that could cause GTA 5's PC launcher to use an inordinate amount of the CPU and potentially crash the game. You'll need all those clock cycles freed up to kick it into ultra detail, anyway.
For the rest of Patch 1.01's changes, check out the full notes below (and here's the latest on GTA 5's mods).
• Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
• Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
• Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
• Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
• Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
• YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
• Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
• Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
• Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
• Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
• Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website• Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support• Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew