Epic's patched (opens in new tab) Gears of War 3 with the new Title Update 4, fixing a number of bugs that continued to mar the shooter's sizable online component. It's also left plenty more bugs rampaging unchecked for you to shoot on sight – but those are all “bugs” of the good, euphemistic kind, so it's all gravy. Alls you need to update the title is to turn on your Xbox, slip in the disc and hit “Ok,” and you'll be ready to go when the new DLC launches next week.
To prepare for the upcoming Forces of Nature DLC add-on, Epic's Rod Fergusson will be hosting a live-stream preview of the new content tomorrow (3/21) at 5PM EST. You can watch the stream at Epic's twitch.tv page (opens in new tab) or see Gears of War 3's Forces of Nature DLC revealed (opens in new tab) revealed in our most recent brief on the update. Here's the full changelist for Title Update 4.
- Savage Drone and Savage Grenadier can now “swat” turn in Beast mode
- Spectator mode now starts viewing a player instead of a battle camera
- Alternate control users in multiplayer will no longer look at DBNO characters when pressing R3
- The crosshair for the Longshot and Hammerburst will now show an X if a shot is obstructed.
- KOTH – ring locators are now visible in spectator mode
- KOTH – some hill locations have been adjusted
- The Onyx Guard decoy in Horde will not drop his rifle after exhausting the Vulcan ammo
- Clients will no longer be stuck with a “Waiting For Players” message up if the host quits Horde during the progression screen
- Chainsaw audio loop will now persist for listeners who leave the audible range and re-enter it
- Fixed some instances where special event ribbons would not be properly awarded
- COG pistol firing rate has been adjusted to be equal on host and clients
- The Flaming Retro Lancer is now available for attendees of the first special event
- Fixed some issues fixed related to the destruction of meatbags
- The Slab start up screen no longer has debug text
- After a host migration in Horde, the waves will no longer go past 50
- Cover near the elevator on Hotel no longer allows players to lean outside of the visible area
- Grenade throwers that are killed mid-throw will receive credit for any kills that grenade causes
- Silverback will be disabled if hit by a smoke grenade when the driver is in the middle of the exit animation
- Team Deathmatch time limit no longer resets to 3 minutes when both teams are out of respawns