RETURN TO FIRELINK SHRINE & PLACING THE LORDVESSEL
Rest at the nearest bonfire and warp back to Firelink Shrine and speak to Siegmeyer, who should be standing near the bonfire. Answer ‘yes’ to his question and he will give you Miracle: Emit Force.
Go down to Anastacia’s cell and choose to “return fire keeper soul” to revive Anastacia and rekindle the bonfire.
TURNING POINT: At this point, you can turn the Lordvessel in to Kingseeker Frampt, the serpent at Firelink Shrine (seen above). Alternatively, you can turn it into Darkstalker Kaathe, another primordial serpent found in the Abyss after defeating the Four Kings. If you wish to do the latter, you’ll need to complete “Sif in the Darkroot Garden” and “New Londo Ruins” first. Turning in the Lordvessel to one means you cannot later give it to the other. If you give the Lordvessel to Kaathe, he’ll let you join the Darkwraith Covenant, something he will not let you do if you give the Lordvessel to Frampt. Giving the Lordvessel to Kaathe will also make Frampt disappear for the rest of the game.
Your choice! The Darkwraith Covenant is the only way to get the Red Eye Orb (which allows unlimited invasions of other worlds).
The rest of this walkthrough is ordered assuming you give the Lordvessel to Frampt. After doing so, he will take you to Firelink Altar. Place the vessel on the altar. Now it’s time to get the lord souls needed to fill it. Any large fog door you may have encountered during the game will now be gone. It is through these doors that we must go to get the souls.
OPTIONAL (Pyromancers only): If you haven’t ascended your flame to +15 by now (talk to Eingyi in Quelaag’s Domain or Laurentius at Firelink Shrine), you should. Once you’ve done that, warp to the Daughter of Chaos bonfire and exit from Quelaag’s Domain into Blighttown. Turn slightly to the left, and then run forward to one of the massive support pillars in the swamp. You should see Quelaana of Izalith sitting down with her back to the pillar. She is the most powerful Pyromancer NPC in the game and will sell spells found nowhere else. If your flame is at +15, she can re-ascend it (resetting the number but making it stronger), then enchance it even further.
Jump to Section
- Getting Started
- Undead Asylum
- Firelink Shrine
- Undead Burg part 1
- Undead Burg part 2
- Undead Parish part 1
- Undead Parish part 2 (First Bell)
- (OP) Grinding for Souls & Finding Goodies in Darkroot Garden
- Lower Undead Burg
- (OP) Returning to the Undead Asylum
- The Depths
- (OP) Exploring Blighttown's Swamp
- (OP) Undead Dragon & Valley of the Drakes
- Quelaag's Domain (Second Bell)
- (OP) Moonlight Butterfly & the Divine Ember
- (OP) Darkroot Basin, the Hydra, and Dusk
- Sen's Fortress part 1
- Sen's Fortress part 2
- Anor Londo part 1
- (OP) Painted World of Ariamis part 1
- (OP) Painted World of Ariamis part 2
- Anor Londo part 2
- Return to Firelink Shrine & Placing the Lordvessel
- Sif and the Darkroot Garden
- New Londo Ruins
- The Catacombs
- Tomb of the Giants part 1
- Tomb of the Giants part 2
- (OP) Dark Sun Gwyndolin & the Blade of the Darkmoon Covenant
- Duke's Archives
- Crystal Cave
- Demon Ruins part 1
- Demon Ruins part 2
- (OP) Great Hollow & Ash Lake
- Lost Izalith
- (OP) Sanctuary Garden (New Content)
- (OP) Oolacile Sanctuary & Royal Wood (New Content)
- (OP) Oolacile Township (New Content)
- (OP) Chasm of the Abyss (New Content)
- (OP) Black Dragon Kalameet (New Content)
- Kiln of the First Flame & Gwyn, Lord of Cinder