Da Vinci’s Demons Episode 1.02 “The Serpent”
Let’s kick with an exclusive introduction to the next episode of Da Vinci’s Demons from the show’s creator himself, David S Goye r!
Synopsis: As da Vinci's quest for the Book of Leaves continues, the Pope's nephew, Girolamo Riario, arrives in Florence with a suspicious motive. After his ambitious weapons for the Medicis fail, da Vinci demonstrates his loyalty to the family by pulling a stunt that could spell disaster for Florence.
• There are a lot of explosions in this episode. Not all of them go to plan
• The first naked body you see is, sadly dead. And a bit decaying. And his willy becomes a conversation piece.
• Count Riario is a key part of the episode, and it’s a great performance by Blake Ritson. Riario may be just a little bit psycho…
• There’s a great piece of proper swashbuckling action, ending with a great FX shot.
• “If you had tits, I’d marry you.”
• The cliffhanger reveals something ahead of its time… (and it’s not one of Leo’s inventions)
• You may wonder whether you’re watching The Da Vinci Code by mistake at times, as the trail to the Book of Leaves (and beyond) goes all a bit Crystal Maze .
• There’s also a smidgen of Renaissance Sherlock to it. And we’re talking Moffat’s Sherlock .
• Nico may have to avoid the phrase, “Like the back of my hand…”
• An autopsy certainly makes someone lose the content of their stomach… the person you’d least expect.
• Leo’s dad really some issues to work through.
• Leo needs to drink to think, but getting high can be revealing.
• There’s a pretty spectacular resolution to the main plot.
Da Vinci’s Demons airs in the UK on FOX, Fridays at 10pm