Patch notes for World War Z update version 1.0.3 has been revealed by developer Saber Interactive on the Focus Home Interactive forums. Despite being fairly well received when it launched on April 16th, the game has been mired by bugs and issues with multiplayer connectivity which this patch hopes to fix.
First off, the developers made note that this update will land on PS4 first, with patches for the Xbox One and PC versions of the game coming soon. Their game plan going forward is to “release the updates as soon as they are ready.”
The patch addresses a number of issues that Saber Interactive has been working on following fan feedback, outlined in a ‘Known Issues’ thread on the game’s forums.
Patch 1.03 has fixed a number of issues on PS4 including problems with save games getting corrupted and progression being reset. Beyond that, there appears to have been a focus on smoothing out matchmaking, which should mitigate connectivity trouble between players.
Saber has also issued a number of balance fixes, reducing the damage of the Compact Shotgun and increasing the time necessary to save friendly NPCs to 60 seconds on lower difficulties, whilst reducing the effectiveness of AI bots. A couple of issues with trophy tracking have also been remedied. You can read the full patch notes below for more details.
World War Z Patch Notes
- Fixed an issue that caused save file corruption.
- Fixed an issue with save backups restoring saves with 0 progression.
- Fixed a large number of connectivity, matchmaking and party system issues.
- Fixed a large number of gameplay crashes.
- Fixed a large number of gameplay bugs that caused inability to progress in level.
- You will now only gain XP toward weapon upgrades if you have purchased the prior upgrade for that weapon, i.e. level two must be purchased to be able to gain XP toward level 3.
- Fixed an issue that caused excessive aim assist in PvPvZ.
- Reduced Compact Shotgun damage in PvPvZ.
- Increased cooldown of “Please Stand Up” perk to 60 seconds.
- Marking items will now display its icon for your teammates.
- Reduced AI bots effectiveness especially on easy and normal difficulties.
- Increased objective timer to save friendly NPCs to 60 seconds on easy and normal difficulties.
- Minor fixes in UI and localization.
- Fixed an issue with “Strong immunity”, “High caution” and “The most effective way” trophies, which caused the goals to fail if you have failed them once during one game session.
- Fixed an issue with the “Sport kills” trophy, which was harder than intended to get.