The latest set of Fortnite patch notes still hasn't officially arrived from Epic Games, but the studio has given players some cues for all the new stuff there is to seek out. Typically, new Fortnite patch notes arrive with every major update to the game, though with the arrival of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 1 it looks like Epic may want players to discover all of the more subtle alterations for themselves.
If you haven't had the chance to play for yourself yet, or if you want to make sure you don't miss any of the big changes ahead of your next drop, here's a list of highlights straight from Epic itself. Looks like this is the closest thing we'll get to official Fortnite patch notes for now.
- Drop into a New World - Choose your landing spot and explore an all-new island featuring 13 locations.
- New Water Gameplay - Swimming, Fishing, Motorboats, and more!
- Support Your Squad - Heal your squad with the Bandage Bazooka, carry your fallen teammates to safety, and celebrate with new group emotes like high fives!
- Hideouts and Explosives - Hide in Haystacks and Dumpsters to get the drop on your opponent or go in blazing by blowing up gas tanks and explosive barrels.
- Upgraded Combat - Get back to basics and battle enemies with a streamlined weapon arsenal. Upgrade weapons using resources at the Upgrade Bench.
- More Fun, Less Grind - Level through the all-new Chapter 2 - Season 1 Battle Pass with a brand new XP system and Medals you earn in match.
Make the most of your playtime by racking up more of those new Fortnite achievements in every drop.
Fortnite tips | Fortnite Chapter 2 weapons | Fortnite Missions | Fortnite hidden letters in loading screens | Fortnite Creative codes | Fortnite 2FA | How to enable cross platform Fortnite matches | How to level up fast in Fortnite