• BK-201 - October 22, 2010 12:03 a.m.

All I can think of when I see this is, if it isn't broken, why fix it? Most stores already ask for ID unless you're known to them to be over 17 to buy M games anyway, this is pointless bureaucracy at its finest.
  • babysealsgoinglcubbing - October 21, 2010 11:57 p.m.

ok fine im an underaged gamer and i understand that we make up quite a percentage of sales in mindless war games. it seems that Arnold just sees us as kids with virtual guns not a faithful consumer. hes going after anything and everything violent. we arent just oblivious cavemen after blood textures and prostitute beating. just the whole idea of basically forcing censoring upon publishers and developers with fear is depressing. i started back in the days of 8bit pixels with most of you and every little innovation was amazing and now that we're up to realistic graphics and depictions nows the time to act for them. if this was such a problem why didnt they attack this huge industry before at this scale. this bill will help kill innovation and imagination in this medium. whats the point of a rating if anyone with a vote can oppose it, just because you can control what happens doesn't mean it should be so harshly attacked. Video games and cinema have guidelines to keep certain products out of our hands. its not the states responsibility to tell me what i can play its up to my guardians to allow me to purchase and use either of those mediums. i appologize for the digrestion
  • NotBraze - October 21, 2010 11:46 p.m.

If I had enough money to get a plane ticket to DC I'd so be there. I've been doing everything I can to try to gather support against this law, and it kills me that I can't be a part of this rally. I really hope there's a good turnout, though, and more than that I hope that our Supreme Court at least has enough integrity to uphold our Constitutional rights and get rid of this ridiculous bill once and for all.
  • Crimmy - October 21, 2010 11:39 p.m.

@ AnonymousZombie Well said.
  • Crabhand - October 21, 2010 11:38 p.m.

I really wish I could go, but I don't have the funds or the time (end of the month is a little busy for me). With any luck, the Supreme Court will strike this crap down, if corrupt fucking corporations can get free speech rights, games shouldn't be left out.
  • GamesRadarTylerWilde - October 21, 2010 11:29 p.m.

Hm, I don't think everyone understands quite what the bill does. It makes games non-protected speech. Here is a good overview: http://videogamevoters.org/scotus/why-it-matters
  • hobonateor - October 21, 2010 11:25 p.m.

I don't get California first they're legalizing pot next they're absolving violence? The thing that got the all his money? WHAT THE HELL!!!
  • AnonymousZombie - October 21, 2010 11:20 p.m.

All of these people who say they are gamers and are for this bill have no idea what this bill means. If this passes you wont have to worry about 12 year olds running their mouth on call of duty, because Cod won't be around much longer. If the government decides that it is illegal to sell m rated games to minors then publishers will just stop making them. Also if the supreme court decides that games are not free speach then it will not be long befor it starts to spill over into other forms of media, just think about this, a 12 year old will be able to buy comics,movies, and books based on Resident Evil but not the actual game; so what will stop these people from thinking "Hay, We got the supreme court to agree that games aren't free speech, why not chalenge all other things we don't agree with. Becides most retale stores won't sell m-rated games to minors anyway, it's they parents who are the problem.
  • Doctalen - October 21, 2010 11:05 p.m.

excuse*
  • Doctalen - October 21, 2010 11:04 p.m.

I think I have an actual accuse to actually go to DC. Live only 20ish miles out, I am only a few miles away from a metro station, yet rarely go. I think I will be attending.
  • BlindMarksman - October 21, 2010 11:02 p.m.

Call me crazy, but i think i approve what the bill is trying to do. I mean, if this stops the barrage of M-Rated games, and make developers think a bit more about they´re choices, then so be it. I'm actually a bit relieved, after all, this means there won´t be any little kids playing GTA, or Halo, or about any FPS in existence nowadays. And that means that everyone´s headphones will be usable again.
  • Robx - October 21, 2010 10:42 p.m.

To pay* @JADENkOTOR It's comming on Friday.
  • Robx - October 21, 2010 10:39 p.m.

Leave the others playing Star Craff II, we wouldn't want them to see what the game has done to them. Also keep the careless mother away, and the road rage girlfriend rammer dude too. Or the hacker who lead the police to their father's coke after he stole credit cards to play for his WoW subscripton. Oh and...
  • farsided - October 21, 2010 10:39 p.m.

Oh, this is that bill that would keep kids from being able to purchase Mature rated video games. Though I'm a hardcore gamer, and I believe that games should be protected by the first amendment, I'm actually for this bill, because I don't think I should have to put up with little 12 year olds screaming at me over Xbox Live when I'm playing Halo.
  • JADENkOTOR - October 21, 2010 10:37 p.m.

I really wish I could go to this. I also want to go to the Jon Stewart sanity thing but I live nowhere near DC So Im assuming there isn't going to be a New Vegas review at this point so I will give a small metacritic review. The first thing you must know is that this game feels, plays, and looks almost identical to Fallout 3 which isn't really a bad thing considering how good it was. This time around it feels a bit dated but fuck, who really cares. It brings back all of the great RPG elements including tons of quests, deep customization, and lots of unique weapons. They did add some things like weapon modding (which is an awesome improvement over 3), reputation system, and gambling to name a few. There is also a hardcore mode if you daring enough to make some in game lifestyle changes but thats for you to see. On larger note, the world that is New Vegas is MASSIVE. It would take you days of non stop playing to scout out all of the 200 plus locations on the map. It really is something else. Now on to the dreadful issue of BUGS! This game is littered with them. I swear that this bastard froze or simply went black at least one million times... Extremely frustrating! There was one instance I got up to grab a beer/take a deuce, and when I got back it was still on the SAME black load screen. Im not shitting you. This issue alone is almost a deal breaker, and I would recommend holding off till they have a patch to fix it. 7/10 (till the bug issue is resolved) 9/10 (if they fix it) Things you will love: Deep customization Massive world to explore Same great Fallout Things you will Hate : Fucking bugs/load times Feels a bit dated Fucking bugs /load times