Topics

Best of GR

• josephgevedon - May 8, 2014 6:20 p.m.

Maybe I need to play FF6 again or something, I can't remember the story being all that hot.
  • Cutiepieesra - April 20, 2014 3:07 p.m.

So glad Silent hill 2 is number 1 Truly I've played all these games but nothing is compared to the shocking deep story of silent hill 2, it's sooooo sad seeing gamers that haven't ever tried the game yet saying that it doesn't desrve number one place anyone who's played it to the end and understood everythig will agree with me that silent hill 2 without doubt the best story ever
  • Nubulaa - April 30, 2014 5:03 p.m.

I've never played silent hill but i'll deff play it now, if i may ask what platform it's on? Anyways my top stories (in no particular order) Are Uncharted series, journey (ps3 exclusives) The last of us, batman Arkham asylum, heavy rain, and red dead redemption. But without a doubt my #1 is the kingdom hearts series, i'm shocked it's not even on here. I have never been so moved by a story in all my life, not just in video games but in general. i saw someone speak on Kh one time and i couldn't put the game in better words myself: "kingdom hearts is the Shakespearean tragedy play of video games, nothing tops it," that is literally how it is. The game isn't just tragic either, Kh is easily one of the most mysterious and questioned video games and has some of the most thought provoking questions that still needs answers. The amount of theories that you can come up with, and every character is perfectly executed. Somehow Square Enix mixed Final fantasy with Disney and Shakespeare. I will try out Silent hill two but i doubt it will come anywhere near the epic tale of Kingdom hearts which has moved millions. kh3 is the most hyped game since Gta5, the last of us, and Bioshock infinite, and let's be honest Bioshock Infinite was a disappointment. I believe Kh is easily the greatest story in gaming.
  • Cutiepieesra - April 30, 2014 5:15 p.m.

It was released in 2001 on ps2 ( don't worry the graphics are amazing for a game that old ) but you can try the silent hill hd collection on ps3 and xbox 360 it has new voice actors make sure you pick the original voices cuz the new one sucks , has few differences but still the same game
  • Nubulaa - May 2, 2014 6:38 p.m.

I'll def try this game :)
  • PoisonWar - May 2, 2014 5:01 p.m.

It's also available on PC! Though there can be some sound problems on 4-core systems.
  • cobra0528 - September 9, 2014 4:46 p.m.

Great words on Kingdom Hearts! So glad to see someone giving the series the love it deserves.
  • PenguiNinja - April 14, 2014 3:40 a.m.

Maybe not deserving of this list, but I think some of the Legend of Zelda games are pretty high up there.
  • super_nov17 - April 9, 2014 6:29 p.m.

No Fallout 3? The whole (main story at least) is about finding your father and going on time consuming missions just to get clues on to where he is at. Once you do find him, the choices you've made in the game to that point help you decide if you want to side with your father or follow the enclave. Whatever you think is right for the Wasteland. Either way, after it all and discovering your father's project, you basically stand there and watch him die in front of you trying to protect his cause.
  • embyrz - March 30, 2014 12:23 p.m.

I'm sure you're also aware of the completely different meaning of Braid's secret ending. If you collect all of the stars throughout the game, when you get the princess at the end, she explodes, and as the screen fades to white, you see a quote from one of the men who invented the nuclear bomb. It's crazy!
  • billy-rhodes - March 29, 2014 9:01 p.m.

Kingdom hearts 2?
  • ombranox - March 28, 2014 9:15 p.m.

And for anyone complaining about what did and did not make the list, at least they didn't include Gone Home for the umpteenth freaking time.
  • ombranox - March 28, 2014 8:02 p.m.

Xenosaga 3.
  • kupo - March 28, 2014 8:01 p.m.

Fair list but...MASS EFFECT 2? I made an account just to say...NO. Mass Effect 1, definitely, but the second game is just "Round up a bunch of allies and then go beat the bad guys." It's such a predictable and boring structure. Loved the game, actually, and the various characters have somewhat interesting mini-stories, but the overall narrative is completely lacking in substance.
  • Naugi - May 20, 2014 2:02 p.m.

You are kidding? From one of the most explosive (literally) beginnings in gaming history (Shepards death and rebirth) the story then builds momentum until the epic finale when the Normandy enters the Omega relay on the 'suicide mission' to destroy the Collector base. It's a true rollercoaster ride. Something tells me you are doing it wrong.
  • raihan-chowdhury - March 28, 2014 6:30 p.m.

Lol. No halo/uc games mentioned. I bet alot of games that arent that great made to the list. Whereas some other good games didnt make it on the lost. Thats sad.
  • mason-torres - March 28, 2014 6:18 p.m.

Okay, so I am going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that this is based off of what, a majority of current players votes? Because half of these games are.... for lack of a better word.... Bullshit. Has anyone actually considered that the most well known or bought games aren't always the best? Take for example, one of my favorites, Lost Odyssey. You ask a room full of gamers, and you will be lucky if 5 raise a hand to it, and maybe even luckier if no one guesses an alien game. Lost Odyssey had one of the best storylines, with tragedy, romance, multiple generations of characters that proved to be inspirational and beautiful, from beginning of Kaim's battle to his dreams dotted along the story, to his precious child being taken away, to him truly remembering who he was. And sadly, it made the tragic mistake of being released around the time Devil May Cry and Turok, both of which many were waiting on, so it never truly got a light. Top it all off that the fact many of Xbox players are all online FPS fanatics, sadly a long RPG went unnoticed. If you truly want a feels trip, an amazingly deep game, try it. And Try not to base this list upon numbers of players. Try variating the demographic.
  • Insaiyan - March 28, 2014 7:21 p.m.

Lost Odyssey really is one of the best stories of the 360 console generation, massive 4 disc storyline and the life of someone who is immortal. Add in the extremely well written dreams and old school JRPG battle system and not only the story but the entire game itself is one of the best this generation.
  • Shnubby - March 30, 2014 1:30 p.m.

I agree.
  • GR HollanderCooper - March 31, 2014 3:37 p.m.

No, we didn't ask a majority of gamers to vote. How... how would we have even done that?