• Balaska - December 1, 2012 2:18 a.m.

All I imagine is after a while the connection gets worn and loose, rendering the joypad unusable. Also those orbs get int the way of R and L.
  • dcobs123 - December 1, 2012 9:06 a.m.

Darn, I actually had that idea. Can't say it was a good one though.
  • Elgyem - December 2, 2012 8:48 a.m.

Same here, although my idea split the controller into three parts (two halfs and a wand in the middle). Not sure whether that would be better or worse.
  • SpiritTemple - December 3, 2012 2:22 a.m.

Worse.
  • RonnyLive19881 - December 1, 2012 11:11 a.m.

Ugh, Sony being Sony... taking Nintendo's Brilliant two piece controller idea. It's is the main reason I play BLOPS2 with the Wii controller, more accurate and comfortable. Hands aren't stuck next to each other all the time. Heck I couldn't even play Xenoblade with a classic controller, the Wii remote was easily the best set up! Moving the camera with the d-pad just felt right.
  • Divine Paladin - December 1, 2012 2:47 p.m.

They already took it once before, and this time they've actually changed it. What's the problem with innovation? Albeit this innovation doesn't look too good, but neither did Kinect at first, nor the new Xbox's wristband peripheral Kinect thing.
  • cokelogic - December 1, 2012 11:37 a.m.

Did anyone see the other half of my controller? I can't find the buttons. [Looks under pillow] Nevermind!
  • ertywerty - December 1, 2012 11:12 p.m.

Lol it's like Sony is giving Xbox fans something new to tease PS3 users with
  • FreezeRay - December 2, 2012 12:50 a.m.

I can just imagine this thing imploding in someones hand during a particularly intense moment. I would think that the connection points between the two would need to be some re-enforced joints or this thing would crumble. Also looks like ass.
  • Grandaddy - December 2, 2012 3:23 p.m.

I fail to see the great breakthrough with this, expecially compared to the Wii U controller. It's difficult now to be terribly innovative, I hope the next generation will bring a new era of gameplay,rather then just graphics.
  • NanoElite666 - December 2, 2012 10:58 p.m.

But will it blend...?
  • Aarononymous - December 4, 2012 2:20 p.m.

If they can find away to make those glowing testicles stand out a little less it would be pretty cool.