• Oblivion2500 - July 21, 2011 2:02 a.m.

Please don't make more than $20 each. It would be awesome to have achievement support if Wii U games are get something like that. AND it would be awesome if you make them High Def and Widescreen!
  • WTeen8 - July 21, 2011 1:29 a.m.

This should surprise nobody. Anyway, I'll keep my Wii around for GC games I laready own (Melee, Sonic Mega Collection, Crazy Taxi) but want to download some I never got to own. (Sunshine, Wind Waker, Luigi's Mansion, Wario World, Mario Power Tennis, Eternal Dark (Maybe), Beyond Good and Evil)
  • EsotericFerret - July 21, 2011 1:28 a.m.

It's not that big a deal, I won't get rid of my Wii so that I can continue to play my GC games, but I feel that if the functionality to emulate the Gamecube on the Wii U is there for the downloadable titles, why can't it also play that same title from the disc tray? I'm also worried about Nintendo's pricing. I stocked up on tons of used GC games to play on my Wii for next to nothing. Is Nintendo going to come out with $20 and up downloadable GC titles? If so forget it, I'll just buy the original used.
  • QWERTYCommander - July 21, 2011 1:19 a.m.

@GringoStar Doshin the Giant was an N64DD game. Anyway... Mario Kart: Double Dash Wind Waker Super Mario Sunshine Super Smash Bros. Melee Pokemon Coliseum/XD:GOD Games that have probably no chance of coming, but still would be cool to see: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3/4 SSX Tricky/3/On Tour Killer 7
  • BackwaterRifle - July 21, 2011 1:13 a.m.

This really was not a concern for me as I Keep all my consoles, and they all work perfectly, with some jury rigging
  • Innounci - July 21, 2011 1:05 a.m.

I really hope I can just exchange my physical Gamecube games for the virtual ones, I have some great games that I just can't get rid of, but don't have enough money to rebuy...Though I highly doubt I could.
  • hybrid616 - July 21, 2011 1:04 a.m.

if they end up using the tablet for GC games, the screen would make a good replacement for games that required the use of the GBA (final fantasy crystal chronicles, four swords adventures etc.)...
  • ReachTheseNuts - July 21, 2011 12:56 a.m.

SUPER SMASH BROS. FUCKIN' MELEE! That would be the perfect way to tide over players waiting for the next SSB's game to hit retail. Brawl and Melee? I think thats pretty fuckin' sweet. They're both still very respectable fighting games to this day and a metric fuckaton load of fun
  • MrDuracraft - July 21, 2011 12:49 a.m.

Make them in HD Nintendo! But even if they don't I will buy every GC game that I have lost, have been scratched, or never had a chance to buy (Wind Waker, Luigi's Mansion, Sunshine, etc.) if they are released.
  • GringoStar - July 21, 2011 12:33 a.m.

I would expect it to as the Wii plays N64 games. Here is a list of some games I would like to see being made for their virtual store: Doshin The Giant (Import) Eternal Darkness Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker Super Smash Bros. Melee Soul Calibur II Super Mario Sunshine Luigi's Mansion Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
  • SparkleDevon - July 21, 2011 12:32 a.m.

Pikmin, Sunshine, Windwaker, and many more. I hope they won't cost more than 20 dollars ._. Also, I realllllllly wish that it was backwards compatible. I was heartbroken when I heard it wouldn't be.
  • hughesta - July 21, 2011 12:28 a.m.

This is the best idea.
  • onetimebuster - July 21, 2011 12:19 a.m.

I will just use my gamecube to play gamecube games.