• Cavityking23 - November 9, 2013 1 p.m.

I don't "hate" the Xbox One but PS4 is just a much better choice imo. PSN>Xbox Live (cheaper, free games, major discounts, free weekends/trials,(Including Vita) etc.). Plus even though the specs aren't much better than Xbox, its still enough to matter imo. Plus Xbox first party titles(the few they got) Always end up on PC anyways. To be fair I'll end up getting all 3 systems in a few years but right now PS4 has my money by a long shot.
  • Scratch23 - November 9, 2013 1:19 p.m.

Yeah I agree. I got a Wii U and pre-ordered my PS4. I see no need to get a Xbox One for a long time.
  • shawksta - November 9, 2013 1:57 p.m.

Halo hasn't gone to PC since Halo 2, every game after has been 360 only.Gears and Fable follow suit with only their first games going to PC. Just to clarify.
  • GLuna46 - November 9, 2013 12:25 p.m.

some of these memes are actually really funny lol
  • SPAZFM - November 9, 2013 12:16 p.m.

If there were still forums I would complain about this.
  • RedHarlow - November 9, 2013 11:40 a.m.

Christ, not these meme posts again. At least don't be like last time and post a new meme slideshow every week.
  • GR HollanderCooper - November 9, 2013 11:54 a.m.

Just this week and next because of next-gen goodness!
  • shawksta - November 9, 2013 11:33 a.m.

Most of these jokes are just doing the same old backlashing Xbox one jokes.
  • Modroneman - November 9, 2013 11:28 a.m.

I agree that Playstaion can innovate. Where they can't, is in their naming convention. All they have been able to do there, is show their ability to count.
  • Ritcheyz - November 9, 2013 11:56 a.m.

Yeah, we really need a Playstation: Retribution or a Playstation: Revelations up in here. GOOD JOB, SONY
  • awesomesauce - November 9, 2013 12:04 p.m.

Well at least they can count: Xbox (1), xbox 360, xbox 1
  • Modroneman - November 9, 2013 3:50 p.m.

Huh.. wha.. huh? Do you even english? I was speaking to the fact that Playstation only calls their system in numerical order. Your comment proves my point, even though I know you are trying to jab at Microsoft. I was simply stating that the new xbox while called the xbox one is not called the xbox 3. Because it is common for people to call the original xbox the xbox 1, it is in fact called the xbox. While I would have liked something a little more inventive than the Xbox One, no-one can deny that Sony has been a little lack-luster on their naming convention. Your logic does not compute since you, yourself put the original xbox (1) in parenthesis, admitting publically, that the xbox has not been in numerical number. Xbox (1) is not the same thing as Xbox One. If you argue me this point, then I will assume you are a 8-year old child with absolutely no intuition to decipher the two and therefore, it is of no value to anyone for me to discuss this matter further.
  • Eightboll812 - November 9, 2013 7:06 p.m.

Well, I'm not sure why you guys are going to argue over whether there is a "1" on the first Xbox, but I can't think of too many products that actually put a "1" on the name even when they do number sequentially thereafter. The "1" is almost always added in retrospect to distinguish. Other than that, it's inane to worry about and debate how lack-luster the name is or is not. I'm not buying it to stare at the name. What it DOES is far more important to me than what it's name is. Fancy and inventive names reminds me of the Seinfeld where they discuss car model names like "Integra", lol. Besides, most product names come from a bunch of marketing clowns who had nothing to do with the product design in the first place...they just come up with the label. Both the names Xbox and Playstation are pretty outdated anyway. Why not debate which is slightly more relevant to present day times than the other?
  • garnsr - November 10, 2013 1:24 a.m.

The name Wii U has hurt its perception with people who don't know it's not just an add on for the Wii. Xbox One isn't much clearer in telling you which system is the newest one.
  • Eightboll812 - November 10, 2013 10:46 a.m.

That's true, you can name a product in a way that hurts it's sales, but I wasn't speaking from the perspective of wanting to make sure either PS4 or Xbone maximizes their sales potential. Even if Nintendo called it the Wii2 (or even Wiii), it would have cleared up the perception that Wii U was the next gen of that console. Part of this is also knowing your customers. During a holiday season when your ACTUAL customers are parents buying a game system for their kids, and parents rarely are super informed about latest gadgets for kids, it's stupid to not have a clear indicator on your new product that it is a big leap forward. At least PS4, as uninventive as that might be, does let you know it's the new one. Xbone won't necessarily fall into that "Wii U" trap because I believe it's primarily selling to young adults who DO know the difference between versions and don't necessarily care about whether the name is stupid of not. With clueless parents browsing at Wallmart, it might cause some confusion, but I doubt there will be units sitting on the shelf anyway.
  • awesomesauce - November 12, 2013 2:40 p.m.

so you'd prefer if Sony named their consoles in a random number order for shits-and-giggles is what your telling me? I was just pointing out the fact that both PS and Xbox have only used numbers in their tittle yet for some reason you give Mircosoft more credit simply because the it's out of order. Does it not make sense for Sony to make the sequel the next number? Should the next one be the playstation7 because seven is a cooler number?
  • Eightboll812 - November 9, 2013 4:08 p.m.

So you're going to make that point when MS just used Xbox ONE for their third console? I personally hate the fact that marketing has to permeate even naming/numbering, when it is meaningless. Like how MS when Windows 3 then *95* and how they tend to tell us what year it is with most of their products these days. I'm more of an engineering mindset. Just give me a simple incrementing number is fine with me.