Point Man progression begins at Rank 5:
- SOG - Unlocked at Rank 5
- SASR - Unlocked at Rank 11
- Alfa Group - Unlocked at Rank 17
- FSK/HJK - Unlocked at Rank 23
- GROM - Unlocked at Rank 29
- SEALs - Unlocked at Rank 35
- SAS - Unlocked at Rank 41
- KSK - Unlocked at Rank 47
- OGA - Unlocked at Rank 53
- JTF2 - Unlocked at Rank 58
- SFOD-D - Unlocked at Rank 64 (Rank 1 when pre-ordered at Gamestop)
- UDT - Unlocked at Rank 70
Close relative to the Assaulter, the Point Man provides you with a similar array of weapons (assault and battle rifles) and abilities as the Assault class. Where folks will want to invest time in this class, though, is in its specialty, which called “Heavy Hitters.” Playing as a Point Man keeps you versatile at close and medium range, and also allows you to equip the 870 shotgun as a secondary weapon – perfect for attacking and defending points.
The Heavy Hitters specialty for the Point Man class offers players 20% more damage to a clip of 30 rounds. The tradeoff for using these deadly bullets, though, is increased recoil, and we mean increased. There are two options that’ll help you forget the recoil tradeoff, one of which is simply hip firing at close distances. The bullets are so powerful that one or two hit markers will really damage your enemy. The other option is to use whichever weapon you have it applied to as the Halo: Reach DRM (battle rifle). The connection is short, sustained shots, instead of holding down the fire button. As we stated, it only takes a couple shots to dismantle an opponent with these Heavy Hitters, so keep your accuracy as your number one priority.