Topics

Rockstar

• EnragedTortoise1 - July 5, 2011 1:57 p.m.

If this is what modders can do... then what can devs do? :DD
  • Hydrohs - July 5, 2011 1:53 p.m.

I've tried it out, it looks pretty good. It's really not anything too major, it's only 8 Megs. But what they've done is drastically change how the lighting works, everything is a lot brighter. I like that. It worked on my Steam version, and I saw no performance hit at all while playing it.
  • Arucard04 - July 5, 2011 1:30 p.m.

"I'm giving it a week before Rockstar contact the creator of this video." I'm not trying to trivialize the achievement of any involved in this mod, but do you really think Rockstar couldn't have made the game look like this if they wanted? The game was made to run on crappy PS3/360 hardware. If someone got this kind of thing running on those systems I would crap myself.
  • Crofto - July 5, 2011 12:56 p.m.

Can you imagine what this guy could do with Red Dead Redemption? Oh wait, it's not out on PC. >_>
  • 435 - July 5, 2011 12:34 p.m.

My lord, that is AMAZING. Made me pants fill out a bit, that did.
  • Kirol - July 5, 2011 12:17 p.m.

Someone, please employ this man.
  • shadowreaper72 - July 5, 2011 12:01 p.m.

...... I want a gaming PC now :(
  • dannymc18 - July 5, 2011 11:56 a.m.

"I'm giving it a week before Rockstar contact the creator of this video." Rockstar by and large embrace, or at least ignore, mods - just look at San Andreas Multiplayer. In any case, it would be Take2 who would object, but I highly doubt that will happen anyway.
  • DannyMB - July 5, 2011 11:31 a.m.

Its.... so .... beautiful!
  • halfofalife - July 5, 2011 11:15 a.m.

Is this a late april fools joke? There's no way that can be real... can it? If it is, DAMN!
  • DarkTone - July 5, 2011 11:07 a.m.

This looks great!
  • DarkSynopsis - July 5, 2011 11:07 a.m.

My PC can have problems with GTA IV as is since its aging now after seeing the videos I really wish I could run such a mod! Looks pretty awesome and got to love people who mod games on PC to look better so those who come in late can always pick up a texture pack and not feel like a game is amazingly dated.
  • MancisFrorkYorgan - July 5, 2011 11:06 a.m.

I'm giving it a week before Rockstar contact the creator of this video.
  • andybeans - July 5, 2011 11:06 a.m.

Nice work! I think this is kind of like polishing a turd though, I thought the original graphics were ok, it was the absurd characters and the barge-like car handling which turned me off the GTA IP