• TanookiMan - August 2, 2013 7:09 a.m.

This game was very fun, I'm glad I played it. My favorite level was probably the Milkman Conspiracy too. I'm glad I didn't listen to Lucas about the arrowheads, though, that would have been really frustrating. ;) Speaking of frustrating, I played the game on PSN and had a lot of problems with the sound unsyncing with the visuals. Even worse, after I finally beat the Meat Circus section and successfully battled the final boss, the whole game froze! It restarted me with Raz's father throwing flaming balls at me with the water rising. I've never been so close to throwing a controller at a wall. Luckily, the rest of the game was top notch and made up for the infuriating ending. In retrospect, I realize how much the Cave borrowed from Psychonauts. For example, interesting characters whose back stories are slowly revealed via still pictures and are often more disturbing and dark then they appear on the surface. And the sometimes annoying platforming.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - August 2, 2013 8:10 a.m.

Oh man, I surely would've broken SOMETHING if it made me restart in that section. Good god. Thanks for joining us in this Game Club!
  • Person5 - August 2, 2013 1:04 a.m.

Woah, Game Club? I forgot about this since the first one for Beyond Good and Evil. I was actually thinking the other day "what happened to Game club?" But really how come I'm just now hearing about July's? Did you guys change it from the weekly format? I would have loved to have played this game with you guys, I love it so, that is, except the last level.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - August 2, 2013 8:11 a.m.

We did change it from the weekly format, yes. This month, however, we'll at least be posting a weekly text update (but no weekly podcasts).
  • Person5 - August 2, 2013 10:46 a.m.

Alright, I liked that weekly format, discussing sections of the game each week, but I'm sure this works too. It sounds like you guys are still trying to iron all the kinks out of this idea if its still changing around.
  • GOD - August 1, 2013 10:06 p.m.

First off, the best clairvoyance vision is when you use it on the crazy lady with the turtle, and you find that to her you look like Raz Jesus. I laughed very hard. I found the game held up very well and I love the characters and overall design. I didn't have any of the grinding problems you described and easily found way more arrowheads than I needed. I really liked the levels, I didn't have any issue with the Matador level and it was actually my second favorite (after the Milkman). As you guys said though, the Meat Circus can go to hell. I too almost considered quitting on that stage, and the worst part is that when I was in the middle of fighting the butcher for the second time as I desperately tried to finish at 2 a.m., my game froze on me forcing me to restart halfway through that abomination of a level. I was lucky enough though after failing part of the Meat Circus so many times that it either took pity on me or glitched because it started to put my checkpoints ahead of where I was falling at, although I still had to power through most of it. Just goddammit little Oleander hold on to the F'ing rabbit and stop jumping away from me. It's also stupidly cheap that he starts to get hurt long before you can save him so he's always about to die by the time you get there, and that's if you manage to do it fast. Oh, I also never had any problems with the animals either, but then again that may be because I leveled up so fast by finding most of the figments and many of the cards and markers. I'm sure if Lucas hadn't screwed you guys over you would've have found it a bit easier. Also, I am the Milkman.
  • GOD - August 1, 2013 10:16 p.m.

Btw the podcast seemed a bit short to me.... there was so much more you could've gone over! You even held back about discussing things saying you'd get to them later... and then it was done. No sequel talk, no milkman, no real story discussion except the ending. Still enjoyed it, but felt pretty brief.
  • TanookiMan - August 2, 2013 6:59 a.m.

I had a similar glitchy thing happen to me, where I missed a platform in the first section of the meat circus, but it restarted me on that platform.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - August 2, 2013 8:12 a.m.

Thanks for the feedback! We're still trying to nail down how, exactly, we want Game Club to work. We'll definitely do a longer discussion next time, as well as posting weekly questions for participants.
  • g1rldraco7 - August 1, 2013 9:42 p.m.

This was very good Ryan, excellent job on hosting a podcast. :)
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - August 2, 2013 8:13 a.m.

Hey, thanks!
  • darkrider105 - August 1, 2013 3:25 p.m.

Hey guys, I got to beat this at the beginning of the month and have been waiting to hear what the folks at Gamesradar think of it. Anyways it's a pretty solid platformer with some of the most inventive levels around. Genuinely funny and overall pretty great.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - August 1, 2013 5:05 p.m.

Awesome, glad to hear! Thanks for playing along :D
  • The_Tingler - July 27, 2013 3:56 a.m.

Oh, last point... did everyone find the easily-overlooked side room that revealed party-girl Milla's terrible secret from her past? Very, very dark moment that, especially literally in the middle of such a bright and fun level.
  • Rash86 - August 1, 2013 9:06 p.m.

It was that moment that I knew this game was completely awesome. I found it and just could not play for a minute thinking "Holy Crap. This is so messed up." But it explained why it seemed like she didn't want responsibility and just party all the time.
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - August 2, 2013 8:12 a.m.

NO! WHAT WAS IT, I must know D:
  • The_Tingler - August 2, 2013 10:09 a.m.

Entering the side room, which Milla tells you to stay away from, you see several "child" figments, a toybox, and a vault. Punching the vault reveals a memory slideshow that shows that Milla used to work in an orphanage, surrounded by happy children, which burned down and they all died so they haunt her every waking thought... ... the scary part though is if you punch the toybox and jump in it. That takes you to a burning room swarming with black Nightmare monsters that whisper "Why didn't you save us Milla?" and other f***ed-up phrases. It's terrifying really, especially in such a happy level and makes you see Milla as she really is - someone who surrounds herself in noise and action to hide the terrible tragedy in her past. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6TXYP6qU8I
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - August 2, 2013 10:59 a.m.

0_0 dear god
  • The_Tingler - July 27, 2013 3:53 a.m.

Also I love, love, LOVE the Milkman Conspiracy. The twisted landscape, the way everything is watching you and the trashcans follow you, how everyone is a government agent, and most importantly - how the entire level is an adventure game in disguise! Barely any combat or platforming, instead you're solving puzzles, exploring, and tracking down or combining items!
  • The_Tingler - July 27, 2013 3:48 a.m.

Interesting fact/Easter Egg for those near the end of the game (not a spoiler really since it's the whole early plot that it happens), once you start finding camper's brains you can go back to the campgrounds and find them hidden somewhere around, where they'll of course say something funny. The sinister cheerleader pair (you did climb up on top of the roof of the main camp house and overhear their conversation didn't you?) are my favourite.