• homestar99 - March 4, 2014 7:49 a.m.

Thank you for the nostalgia trip GR. I have no gripes with this list. DON'T FUCK UP THE PS2 LIST! DO YOU HEAR ME!
  • Cyberninja - March 4, 2014 8:23 a.m.

Only thing I would say this list is missing is Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. The game still holds up really well to this day.
  • james-kelley - March 4, 2014 8:27 a.m.

Dino-Crisis 1 & 2, Legend of Dragoon, Jade Cacoon, Spyro, Croc Legend of Gabbos. How many of us wish we still had our original games.......I Do! lol I do still have original Dinocrisis 1 & 2, Silent Hill, FF7, Trag and spyro.
  • steven-grau - March 4, 2014 8:31 a.m.

Good list, can't argue with those top 3! I wish I enjoyed FF9 more myself, but the trance system occurring at the most inconvenient times, or having to use weaker gear for a long time to learn skills, always grinds my gears lol. Having said that, still a great game, and I wouldn't argue with its placing!
  • kyperk7 - March 4, 2014 9:04 a.m.

LEGEND OF DRAGOON!!! Definately one if my favorite games, now I want to play it again haha
  • GR_RyanTaljonick - March 4, 2014 9:07 a.m.

Super good ^_^
  • Darkhawk - March 4, 2014 9:09 a.m.

I realise it's gotten popular to shit on FF7 just because it was too good... but really? You COMPLETELY left it off the list?
  • Rojoco - March 4, 2014 9:22 a.m.

It's number 17.
  • metalheadredd - March 4, 2014 9:40 a.m.

Slide 35.
  • TheGooseinator - March 4, 2014 9:52 a.m.

It was #17. A little low, sure, but it was on the list.
  • Darkhawk - March 6, 2014 2:59 p.m.

All right, all right! I stand corrected. I just flipped past so many *other* Final Fantasies, I thought it was removed completely. But yeah, 17th is a bit too low for my liking!
  • NuAngel - March 28, 2014 7:22 a.m.

#17. Evidently someone doesn't know how roman numerals work. ;)
  • Danteska - March 4, 2014 9:20 a.m.

Best ps1 games and you guys do not include any of the dino crisis? really?
  • peaceful765 - March 4, 2014 9:25 a.m.

Only got to 43 and I have to comment.... COLONY WARS. I loved these games. Showed that space sims could be done with style on a home console not just PC or home computers. I think the space ship shooter/sim genre needs to be revisited. Nothing worthy, IMHO, for years. This gen could do amazing things with the graphics, AI and the use of cameras*, Kinect, touch pads, voice recognition and second screens. Colony wars, Freespace, X-wing, Tie fighter, Wing commander, X3, Freelancer and of course Elite and even Starglider and Star Raiders on Atari 400 cartridge. These are some universes that need exploring again, in a one-man spaceship, with "next Gen" sheen and gloss. New games could fulfil things that could only be dreamt about when these sort of games were popular i.e. Transition-less on foot sections in space stations, planet landings, real communication with friendlies/enemies and GIGANTIC SPACESTATIONS TO FLY AROUND OR EVEN ENTER** Jedi-like!! I know that Elite:Dangerous is Incoming and No mans sky also looks promising but I think there's room for more variation and something in the more Colony Wars or Wing Commander vein. *Maybe not cameras. Imagine playing a space sim online You're in the middle of an intense dog fight in a crowded asteroid belt.You take down an enemy starfighter. A communication window opens up on your HUD and you are informed by N00bk1ller95's genitals about something nasty involving your mother. Illusion breaker......... **I mean really big.....
  • Rojoco - March 4, 2014 9:35 a.m.

I would argue Year of the Dragon was the best release in the Spyro series. Also disappointed by the lack of a REAL Crash Bandicoot game on the list. Not that CTR wasn't amazing, I just really liked Crash 2.
  • metalheadredd - March 4, 2014 9:41 a.m.

One of the best RPG series to grace the system was Shadow Hearts. Sad that you didn't have this one.
  • Veedot - March 4, 2014 10:34 a.m.

Um well Shadow Hearts was a PS2 game
  • KoldFira - July 21, 2014 3:48 a.m.

Loved that game.
  • KishouTenpi - March 4, 2014 9:50 a.m.

Dissapointed in the lack of Digimon World 2 here guys! It's all I ever played at my friends as a kid and he had a fair chunk of the games on the list! He wouldn't let me save either so the amount of times I did the first dungeon... (Also, I replayed and completed it recently and it's surprisingly just as good as I remember it, even past the first dungeon!)
  • Satchurated - March 4, 2014 10:51 a.m.

Ughh once again gr screws the pooch with the top games. For the 360 list, you leave out the best halo's and gears games and in this list you leave out the best Crash games. I'd argue the same for Spyro. CTR over the actual Crash games? C'mon GR what is wrong with you?