• jeremy-barnes - November 3, 2012 11:49 a.m.

Great list. There's a few I would have added like Xenogears mentioned below but still a good list ranging a lot of genres and pretty on the mark for their impact. FF8 was probably my favorite aside from tactics of the FF series on the PSX. Although not at first; I hated it, then came to love it years later. FF7 for me had the biggest impact because of what it brought graphically, especially if you had been a gamer since the Atari home console days, something like that was like a dream come true. People hate it because it's over popularized and then there's people who love it to the exclusion of all else. I loved it for the experience it gave me graphically which of course also increased the immersion of it. Killing off one of the main characters was also unheard of. It had a lot of memorable things. To be there playing it when it released when there was no 8 or 9 and no tactics, it was the pinnacle of RPG gaming and that moment has stuck with me. I remember being amazed when they were on the train and it started moving and the hand holds swayed back and forth, little things like that. Ahh anyway, enough reminiscing on that. The list was great. Spyro was huge. TM2 was unbelievable. Silent Hill was the scariest damn thing ever. RE2 was just amazingly fun. Ridge Racer I never got into, and GT1 was the game for me and I never really got into part 2 for some reason. You have inspired me however to go dust of FF9 and waste my weekend on that. Cheers!
  • damirswagger - October 28, 2012 1:02 p.m.

OK, I really liked the list, in fact I agree with you, FF 9 is the best RPG for PSX (I dont consder Castelvania an RPG), as I really love the old-school style of the entire game and the soundtrack was just damn good, not sayin that FF 8 and 7 are bad but if you compare the storylines of those three games 9 wins. Also CTR wich you cant find so often in lists (like). And one more thing Why do you ppl go so hard on this list? everyone has it s own opinion and you aint got the right to banish it , plus I hate when I see a list in wich the makers take in just games of one type like only racing games or FPS and name it "best ps1 games " this list took in consider a vaste number and types of games. Good Job p.s. I liked to see Jade Cocoon Story of the tamayu in it
  • Korgoth83 - October 27, 2012 7:44 p.m.

Where's Vagrant Story? Maybe it wasn't for everyone, but it had amazing replay value and an amazing array of possibilities for character development. Also, the story line was phenomenal.
  • flyingburritto - August 28, 2012 8:34 p.m.

Ever hear of Xenogears??
  • phani-shankar - May 22, 2012 1:25 a.m.

where is chrono cross
  • Hellroach - May 10, 2012 10:47 p.m.

Lol The fact that you on purpose keep making the most retarded lists on the history of the world is a source of amusement. Keep on making these to induce people with hate for your site since you know no better way to attract audience.
  • georgy-porgy - May 22, 2012 11:22 a.m.

I've looked up the best psx games off all time on a lot of sites and most of them have pretty much the same result as this one. Of course these guys are going to have a few favs that no one else does. That happens. So I'm wondering how you even came up with that thought. Are you just naturally a negative person and everything you don't agree with 100% is retarded? Or are you just making these remarks to induce people with hate for your comments since you know no better way to get people to pay attention to you?
  • mindbender - May 3, 2012 6:54 a.m.

personally I like all the games in this list but Whatever happened to dinocrisis 2???
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - April 24, 2012 7:11 a.m.

Ripto's Rage and Ape Escape were my absolute favorite games as a kid! I still get all nostalgic over them today.
  • Marcunio88 - April 20, 2012 7:52 a.m.

Thank you for including FF IX on here, it's by far my favourite PS1 FF game and deserves a bit more lovin' than it gets.
  • cgriff63 - April 20, 2012 7:33 a.m.

I think Legend of Dragoon should have been included, and I'm pleasantly surprised at the absence of ffvii in this list. and confused. you guys fight about those games alot don't you?
  • krejsy - April 20, 2012 1:08 a.m.

Finally someone who understands that FFIX kicks FFVII's arse
  • robinkurosaki - April 20, 2012 4:38 a.m.

there is a reason a lot of people don't understand it. simply put it doesn't! it doesn't kick 8s arse either.
  • d0x - April 19, 2012 11:33 p.m.

"19 - Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete Here we had a very traditional RPG with a 2D, sprite-based world, turn based combat, etc. Its lack of graphical prowess had a lot to do with it originally being a Japanese Sega Saturn game from 1996, three years before the PlayStation version hit US shores. But that doesn’t mean that it was something to pass on" That doesnt make any sense. The Saturn was the most capable system for sprite based games by far. Age wasnt an issue either because its not like developers had to learn how to properly do 2d graphics. It was just laziness
  • minimaxi - April 19, 2012 8 p.m.

Omg I thought to myself before reading the article "top two. Metal gear solid. Symphony of the night" and BAM love you guys. Oh btw who here, like me, adores the first MGS to death but laments of what hideo kojima has become?
  • winner2 - April 19, 2012 6:07 p.m.

Spyro! I havn't played the original, but ripto's rage and year of the dragon were my childhood when I got my psx as a kid. He's still got to be one of my favorite video game characters ever, and I can keep playing all 3 thanks to psn. Aside from that though, I knew I was getting my hopes up thinking digimon world 1 and 2 would be here. Those were crazy fun, still are.
  • ThundaGawd - April 19, 2012 3:57 p.m.

No Legend of Dragoon?!?!?!?!?!? I am disappoint T_T Legend of Dragoon was one of the best RPG's I've ever played, and that still hold true t this day, despite it's age :D
  • FirLocke - April 19, 2012 1:48 p.m.

Yes! Crash Team Racing LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. Absolutely brilliant game. Along with the other Crash games on PS1. This list needs Wild ARMs though. Fun fact: Did You know Wild ARMs did 3D before FFVII? Just the battles were in 3D, but still. :)
  • Net_Bastard - April 19, 2012 10:31 a.m.

I still believe that Pro Skater 1 was better than Pro Skater 2. Pro Skater 1 had much more level variety. It had downhill levels, skatepark levels, and the competition levels were also better. THPS2 had barely any level variety. Oh wait, but Skate Heaven and Chopper Drop! You could say that, but those are only two levels, and you could only unlock them by beating the Career mode with all of the skaters. Chopper Drop had to be unlocked by getting all gold medals with all of the skaters. Who has time for that!? I don't care about the manual, character creator, or the skatepark editor. Those were features that were added upon in the newer games, and were quite shit in THPS2. TL;DR: THPS1 was better than THPS2 because of level variety. The added features in THPS2 weren't enough to hold me over.