• GamesRadarCollanderCooper - March 4, 2014 5:18 a.m.

Where is Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix?
  • BladedFalcon - March 4, 2014 5:41 a.m.

That game wasn't really very good, it sure looked gorgeous, but the rest wasn't very great.
  • jasteen - February 13, 2014 10:14 a.m.

why the hell chrono cross is on the 36th??
  • Shigeruken - December 21, 2013 6:11 p.m.

You guys should have gone with Spider-Man 2 instead of Spider-Man.
  • sephex - December 9, 2013 7:38 a.m.

Xenogears?
  • Earthbound_X - November 2, 2013 7:54 p.m.

A lot, maybe even most of these games wouldn't have even made it in my top 100 PS1 games, let alone the best games I think are on the system, but eye of the beholder I guess.
  • Gnako - May 28, 2013 3:04 p.m.

WoW... Nice List but it's unbelievable to set FFVII (well and other FF series) "so much" behind! And like others said: WHAT'S BOUT XENOGEARS?? or Breathe of Fire IV!?
  • darkhg - February 17, 2013 10:08 p.m.

Wow, Lunar is #14? Ahead of FFVII and VIII? I am pleasantly surprised and impressed.
  • Drviolence - February 9, 2013 2:58 a.m.

Hmm each to their own but FF7 is my fave, would also have die hard trilogy, resident evil 1, wipeout 2097 in my list (preferred that to xl),Pro evo soccer, and tomb raider 1.
  • jeremy-barnes - November 3, 2012 11:49 a.m.

Great list. There's a few I would have added like Xenogears mentioned below but still a good list ranging a lot of genres and pretty on the mark for their impact. FF8 was probably my favorite aside from tactics of the FF series on the PSX. Although not at first; I hated it, then came to love it years later. FF7 for me had the biggest impact because of what it brought graphically, especially if you had been a gamer since the Atari home console days, something like that was like a dream come true. People hate it because it's over popularized and then there's people who love it to the exclusion of all else. I loved it for the experience it gave me graphically which of course also increased the immersion of it. Killing off one of the main characters was also unheard of. It had a lot of memorable things. To be there playing it when it released when there was no 8 or 9 and no tactics, it was the pinnacle of RPG gaming and that moment has stuck with me. I remember being amazed when they were on the train and it started moving and the hand holds swayed back and forth, little things like that. Ahh anyway, enough reminiscing on that. The list was great. Spyro was huge. TM2 was unbelievable. Silent Hill was the scariest damn thing ever. RE2 was just amazingly fun. Ridge Racer I never got into, and GT1 was the game for me and I never really got into part 2 for some reason. You have inspired me however to go dust of FF9 and waste my weekend on that. Cheers!
  • damirswagger - October 28, 2012 1:02 p.m.

OK, I really liked the list, in fact I agree with you, FF 9 is the best RPG for PSX (I dont consder Castelvania an RPG), as I really love the old-school style of the entire game and the soundtrack was just damn good, not sayin that FF 8 and 7 are bad but if you compare the storylines of those three games 9 wins. Also CTR wich you cant find so often in lists (like). And one more thing Why do you ppl go so hard on this list? everyone has it s own opinion and you aint got the right to banish it , plus I hate when I see a list in wich the makers take in just games of one type like only racing games or FPS and name it "best ps1 games " this list took in consider a vaste number and types of games. Good Job p.s. I liked to see Jade Cocoon Story of the tamayu in it
  • Korgoth83 - October 27, 2012 7:44 p.m.

Where's Vagrant Story? Maybe it wasn't for everyone, but it had amazing replay value and an amazing array of possibilities for character development. Also, the story line was phenomenal.
  • flyingburritto - August 28, 2012 8:34 p.m.

Ever hear of Xenogears??
  • phani-shankar - May 22, 2012 1:25 a.m.

where is chrono cross
  • Hellroach - May 10, 2012 10:47 p.m.

Lol The fact that you on purpose keep making the most retarded lists on the history of the world is a source of amusement. Keep on making these to induce people with hate for your site since you know no better way to attract audience.
  • georgy-porgy - May 22, 2012 11:22 a.m.

I've looked up the best psx games off all time on a lot of sites and most of them have pretty much the same result as this one. Of course these guys are going to have a few favs that no one else does. That happens. So I'm wondering how you even came up with that thought. Are you just naturally a negative person and everything you don't agree with 100% is retarded? Or are you just making these remarks to induce people with hate for your comments since you know no better way to get people to pay attention to you?
  • mindbender - May 3, 2012 6:54 a.m.

personally I like all the games in this list but Whatever happened to dinocrisis 2???
  • ThatFanInThePeacoat - April 24, 2012 7:11 a.m.

Ripto's Rage and Ape Escape were my absolute favorite games as a kid! I still get all nostalgic over them today.
  • Marcunio88 - April 20, 2012 7:52 a.m.

Thank you for including FF IX on here, it's by far my favourite PS1 FF game and deserves a bit more lovin' than it gets.