• AshLynx - April 20, 2012 10:54 a.m.

Yuck, Okami :( I love Zelda, but Okami is the absolute worst imitator imo. I'll stick with Alundra methinks. The rest of the list is quite good (though I prefer Kingdom Hearts 1 far more than 2, and I liked Persona 3 more than 4, but Persona 3 PSP is the best Persona 3, so putting 4 on the list I can let slide), but if you want something far better to put on the list than Okami, Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil would do nicely. Phantomile was on the PS1 list (with a picture of the PS2 game btw, definitely the PS2 game and not the Wiimake), but there were things I liked better about 2. I thought the gameplay was tighter and the music was better even if the story wasn't quite as good (few things could beat Phantomile's story anyway). Ape Escape 3 was also way more fun than it should've been, I always encourage people to play 3 out of all the Ape Escapes. Also one of the funniest games on the PS2. And dude, Psychonauts got a PS2 release too! Sure, not as good as the Xbox version (glad it was on that list), but BG&E was on both lists. But for a non-platformer that should've been in Okami's spot, Amplitude was loads of fun, probably the best music game on that system if you ask me. I always liked it more than Guitar Hero even if GH had a more fun peripheral.
  • Person5 - April 20, 2012 10:31 a.m.

Am I the only one who like Kingdom Hearts one better than two? There was something about two that didn't match the greatness of one. Also I need to get Persona 4 already, I hear too much love for that game and I've never played it. In fact, one person on Minecraft actually asked me if my name was a reference to that game! Well, eBay here I come!
  • anthonybonales - April 20, 2012 10:58 a.m.

I feel like Kingdom Hearts one had a deeper story and that's why I enjoyed it more
  • TURNAAAR - April 20, 2012 10:01 a.m.

Pretty decent list, confused on why Gun wasn't added. I was left with a huge smile on my face after completing that one.
  • PopeBenedictXVI - April 20, 2012 8:46 a.m.

San Andreas isn't number 1? I don't understand.
  • KA87 - April 20, 2012 7:22 a.m.

A good list, but there are a few that could have been in or honorable mention. 1. Killzone (Great differentiation of the combat environments and 4 playable characters, but no boss.) 2. Rogue Galaxy (Late, but had a great story, good combat, and was a lot of fun.) 3. Dark Cloud 2 (Just a great game.) 4. FF-12 (Needed a better antagonist, but combat was creative and it had a lot to explore.) 5. .hack// (A lot of fun, but should have been 1 game instead of 4.)
  • machupichu1992 - April 19, 2012 11:36 p.m.

Regardless of what was left out (Timesplitters?:[) this is a pretty great list. Particularly happy Okami made the top ten.
  • NanoElite666 - April 19, 2012 10:41 p.m.

Up Your Arsenal had it's multiplayer servers up and running into this year? Damn, that's pretty impressive. And they're essentially going right back up when the HD version launches later this year with the multiplayer alive and kicking. This list needs more Dark Cloud 2.
  • ThatGamerDude - April 19, 2012 9:37 p.m.

I have most of these games and loved the hell out of them and is the reason I still play my PS2 (that I've had since launch) today. I can't really think of many games that I love that weren't on this list (that doesn't mean they deserved to be on this list) except maybe the first Kingdom Hearts and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.
  • Fox_Mulder - April 19, 2012 9:34 p.m.

ICO is 9 years old? I thought it came out in 2001.
  • lewis-barclay - April 19, 2012 7:59 p.m.

I wish some of these guys would realize all this is just OPINION and not fact. So what he didn't include YOUR favorite game. Chill out. That's why he asked WHATS YOURS!!!! Calm down. Some of mine weren't on here and I didn't mind.
  • bebl09 - April 19, 2012 7:16 p.m.

"3 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Once again, we’re giving the top slot to a Grand Theft Auto game" Umm, what? Typo of some sort?
  • Dark Almasy - April 19, 2012 6:50 p.m.

Any NIS games or Shadow Hearts would have been a great addition to the list.
  • Corsair89 - April 19, 2012 6:47 p.m.

The lack of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness renders this list completely invalid.
  • garyn-greene - April 20, 2012 4:35 p.m.

Can't you just live with it being in YOUR top list? I agree I'd put it in here, but when you say things like that you mark yourself as a diva who overstates things.
  • fullmetallegend - April 19, 2012 6:35 p.m.

Shadow of the Colossus is #1! Hooray for shared opinions!
  • garyn-greene - April 19, 2012 4:56 p.m.

Not bad choices by any means. Would have expected to see Dark Cloud 2 somewhere in the top 15, but it's all good.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - April 19, 2012 4:46 p.m.

I was hoping Deus Ex would be on the list. I know it's way inferior to the PC version but it was a one of a kind game for the PS2.
  • Aforextreme - April 19, 2012 4:39 p.m.

Was really hoping Odin Sphere would be on this list.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 5:10 p.m.

o.O Right! I had forgotten about that one! Yeah... I feel like that one deserves a spot in here too!