• Aforextreme - April 19, 2012 4:39 p.m.

Was really hoping Odin Sphere would be on this list.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 5:10 p.m.

o.O Right! I had forgotten about that one! Yeah... I feel like that one deserves a spot in here too!
  • machupichu1992 - April 19, 2012 11:31 p.m.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's so beautiful.
  • michael-cole - April 19, 2012 4:38 p.m.

Kinda surprised SMT3:Nocturne didn't make the list. Shadow of the Colossus, Nocturne and Snake eater would definitely be the order for my top 3 games on PS2
  • The_King_of_Nothing - April 19, 2012 4:22 p.m.

Socom 2 much? That game was even more realistic Battlefield 3. A true experience of very low health and clips that aren't magically refilled every time you reload. Oh well, still a great list. The best of these if I do say so myself.
  • winner2 - April 19, 2012 4:05 p.m.

I dunno if it was orignally for ps2, but I was hoping to see The Hobbit on here
  • Rojoco - April 19, 2012 4:03 p.m.

Regardless I'm very pleased SotC took the number 1 spot. :)
  • Rojoco - April 19, 2012 4:02 p.m.

Timesplitters 2 anyone?
  • metalgatesolid - April 20, 2012 3:43 a.m.

I cant believe they left that out either. Best FPS ever.
  • ThundaGawd - April 19, 2012 3:48 p.m.

This list is almost perfect, every game deserves it's spot (Especially Shadow of the Colossus, still holds true as the best game I've ever played) The only thing I would've added would be TimeSplitters, it's unarguably one of the best shooters out there, not to mention the best game to play with a bunch of friends :D
  • mourningreaper00 - April 19, 2012 3:34 p.m.

Wow. I couldn't agree with this list more. Shadow of the Colossus is an astonishing game.
  • tomthespesh - April 19, 2012 2:54 p.m.

I rather Gran Turismo 3 over 4 but that may just be it was my first PS2 game and I prefer the soundtrack...
  • Cyberninja - April 19, 2012 2:46 p.m.

Honestly I dont see why the KH entry was wasted complaining about how KH 3 isn't out and its not even the best game in the series, The I have played so far is BbS and KH 3D looks to be better, and Yes KH 3D is a direct SEQUEL to 2 So in all fairness they could say the next KH is KH 4.
  • OHMYGODIMONFIRE - April 19, 2012 1:55 p.m.

So happy for the Bully love. I just replayed it, I absolutely adore that game.
  • smellmyfoot - April 19, 2012 1:52 p.m.

I would have preferred to see FF XII up there, as well as Jak 3, but other than that the list was top notch, great picks.
  • FirLocke - April 19, 2012 1:42 p.m.

I really like this list. P4 would be number 1 for me though; just sayin' ;P. P3P for PSP. Would've liked at least one fighting game to appear though. I mean, SoulCalibur 2 is a beast of a game. A lot of people still very fondly look back on SC2. I'm sure there were Guilty Gear games on the PS2 that were great also. I agree with Kh2 being the best KH. Followed by the first KH and then Birth By Sleep(of all the portable entries, you have to admit that at least BBS was pretty damn good). Also Jak 3 was the best Jak! Light Jak, the reptiles you could ride around town and the desert you could explore with the long limbed super bouncy car(among others) were super fun. It's the easiest Jak, but by far the most varied. I'd have to say the same with the Sly series, the third is my favourite. More varied. The only game I disagree with is DQ8. But that's just me, because I find the DQ series unbelievably uninteresting. Especially the 8th one. Really liking these features!
  • Pottyaboutpotter1 - April 19, 2012 1:41 p.m.

No Spider-man 2? Shame on you!
  • P0ck3tC1am - April 19, 2012 1:41 p.m.

What no Timeslpitters!? poop. I, at one point had all of these games, all great games.
  • ThatOneHobo - April 19, 2012 1:37 p.m.

At first I was excited to see Okami so high on the list, but when Shadow of the Colossus, my favortie game of all time, made the first spot, I flipped out a little.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 1:32 p.m.

YES! You guys put Zone of the Enders 2! FUCK YEAH! About time the game got some love! :D Anyway, rest of the list is great, though I heavily disagree about Kingdom hearts II. I would have swapped with with the first Kingdom hearts. Why? KHII is laughably easy, it could practically play itself in combat, and the plot got incredibly ridiculous, convoluted, and bloated with characters. The first KH kept things more simple, focused, and charming. IMO at least.