We Recommend

• KA87 - April 20, 2012 7:22 a.m.

A good list, but there are a few that could have been in or honorable mention. 1. Killzone (Great differentiation of the combat environments and 4 playable characters, but no boss.) 2. Rogue Galaxy (Late, but had a great story, good combat, and was a lot of fun.) 3. Dark Cloud 2 (Just a great game.) 4. FF-12 (Needed a better antagonist, but combat was creative and it had a lot to explore.) 5. .hack// (A lot of fun, but should have been 1 game instead of 4.)
  • machupichu1992 - April 19, 2012 11:36 p.m.

Regardless of what was left out (Timesplitters?:[) this is a pretty great list. Particularly happy Okami made the top ten.
  • NanoElite666 - April 19, 2012 10:41 p.m.

Up Your Arsenal had it's multiplayer servers up and running into this year? Damn, that's pretty impressive. And they're essentially going right back up when the HD version launches later this year with the multiplayer alive and kicking. This list needs more Dark Cloud 2.
  • ThatGamerDude - April 19, 2012 9:37 p.m.

I have most of these games and loved the hell out of them and is the reason I still play my PS2 (that I've had since launch) today. I can't really think of many games that I love that weren't on this list (that doesn't mean they deserved to be on this list) except maybe the first Kingdom Hearts and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time.
  • Fox_Mulder - April 19, 2012 9:34 p.m.

ICO is 9 years old? I thought it came out in 2001.
  • lewis-barclay - April 19, 2012 7:59 p.m.

I wish some of these guys would realize all this is just OPINION and not fact. So what he didn't include YOUR favorite game. Chill out. That's why he asked WHATS YOURS!!!! Calm down. Some of mine weren't on here and I didn't mind.
  • bebl09 - April 19, 2012 7:16 p.m.

"3 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Once again, we’re giving the top slot to a Grand Theft Auto game" Umm, what? Typo of some sort?
  • Dark Almasy - April 19, 2012 6:50 p.m.

Any NIS games or Shadow Hearts would have been a great addition to the list.
  • Corsair89 - April 19, 2012 6:47 p.m.

The lack of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness renders this list completely invalid.
  • garyn-greene - April 20, 2012 4:35 p.m.

Can't you just live with it being in YOUR top list? I agree I'd put it in here, but when you say things like that you mark yourself as a diva who overstates things.
  • fullmetallegend - April 19, 2012 6:35 p.m.

Shadow of the Colossus is #1! Hooray for shared opinions!
  • garyn-greene - April 19, 2012 4:56 p.m.

Not bad choices by any means. Would have expected to see Dark Cloud 2 somewhere in the top 15, but it's all good.
  • R_U_Guys_From_British - April 19, 2012 4:46 p.m.

I was hoping Deus Ex would be on the list. I know it's way inferior to the PC version but it was a one of a kind game for the PS2.
  • Aforextreme - April 19, 2012 4:39 p.m.

Was really hoping Odin Sphere would be on this list.
  • BladedFalcon - April 19, 2012 5:10 p.m.

o.O Right! I had forgotten about that one! Yeah... I feel like that one deserves a spot in here too!
  • machupichu1992 - April 19, 2012 11:31 p.m.

I agree wholeheartedly. It's so beautiful.
  • michael-cole - April 19, 2012 4:38 p.m.

Kinda surprised SMT3:Nocturne didn't make the list. Shadow of the Colossus, Nocturne and Snake eater would definitely be the order for my top 3 games on PS2
  • The_King_of_Nothing - April 19, 2012 4:22 p.m.

Socom 2 much? That game was even more realistic Battlefield 3. A true experience of very low health and clips that aren't magically refilled every time you reload. Oh well, still a great list. The best of these if I do say so myself.
  • winner2 - April 19, 2012 4:05 p.m.

I dunno if it was orignally for ps2, but I was hoping to see The Hobbit on here
  • Rojoco - April 19, 2012 4:03 p.m.

Regardless I'm very pleased SotC took the number 1 spot. :)