Topics

Best games

• stuart-maynard - December 29, 2012 3:41 p.m.

Seriously where is virtues last reward on theses game of the year things??
  • Hobogonigal - November 9, 2012 2:04 a.m.

I own a few of these games and they are great (mario 3d land, mario kart 7, resi: revelations, LoZ:OoT). I really want to try the latest professor layton however I think that I will wait for it to drop to a reasonable price (which will be years away...) Also want to give Paper Mario a try, but there's so many games right now... Also, surely Cave Story 3D isn't that good is it? I just never thought it would be a big hitter if you know what I mean?
  • taokaka - November 9, 2012 2:52 a.m.

download the regular version of cave story for free on pc and find out for yourself. It's good but I wouldn't give it the same incredibly high praise it normally gets. Paper mario does look fun and since there's almost no JRPGs on the successor to the greatest JRPG platform in history I feel a lot more inclined to purchase it. Also I nabbed prof layton for $42 on sale and I'm 2 hours into it and it's an improvement over the fourth although it's going to have to pick up it's game if it wants to overtake the lost future as my favourite. But at least the 3ds now has a good puzzle/VN.
  • freeden - December 6, 2013 10:45 p.m.

Cave Story is a surprisingly good game. It plays very well if you like that sort of classic Metroid style platformer. What's most surprising is that it's actually very well written for a game created by a single person. The story has a few surprises and is fairly engaging. I was pleasantly surprised by it. But yeah, download it for free on the PC if you're not sure.
  • D0CCON - November 8, 2012 7:04 p.m.

Was this written by the GR staff or Henry Gilbert because I'm guessing the later. Anyways, the 3DS library is getting better. I was hoping for a bit more at this point in the 3DS's life, but I think it's on the right track.
  • tehtimeisnow - November 8, 2012 3:26 p.m.

none of these ganes looks like any fun and the all fale in compareson to the milloins of amazeing aps u can get on iphone for only a doller
  • avedon-arcade - December 6, 2013 4:41 p.m.

WOW. Just. Wow. Seriously. You know what, you're totally right. I do think there's an app for spelling, grammar and learning how to read. Hell they might even be free. Nintendo doesn't have that. They're teaching us how to speak new languages.
  • Redeater - December 6, 2013 8:36 p.m.

Swing and a miss.
  • Madwarrior1920 - December 7, 2013 10:06 p.m.

For you sir I have only one question. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN THIS FORUM!? A lot of these games are so much better than games like clash of clans and injustice! They have better quality and they actually have good stories!
  • jdblick1002 - November 8, 2012 1:53 p.m.

Can anyone (pref GR staff)please post a txt version of this article. Whenever GR use this format for an article, I can never navigate past the intro paragraph. I use Firefox but have the same problem with IE, and chrome, it's only this site I have problems with
  • samsneeze - November 8, 2012 1:53 p.m.

To be honest, I still think Dead or Alive: Dimensions should be on the list in place of Street Fighter IV. But you know, opinions.
  • Madwarrior1920 - December 7, 2013 10:13 p.m.

Totally! Street fighter is just a fail version of King of Fighters!
  • Corsair89 - November 8, 2012 1:37 p.m.

No KH3D?!
  • TheBountyHunted - November 8, 2012 7:18 p.m.

I know! Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance should be on this list instead of Street Fighter IV.
  • avedon-arcade - December 6, 2013 4:41 p.m.

I didn't even see Street Fighter on this list 0_0
  • JarkayColt - November 8, 2012 1:18 p.m.

Nice to see the 3DS getting more hits under its belt. I've had mine 5 months or so and only have Zelda, Kid Icarus and MK7. Although they're all excellent it's about time that I bought something else. I have my eye on Layton, Paper Mario and Mario 3D Land so I'd better catch up with them before too many more amazing games come out, i.e. Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem. :I Sometimes I hate the fact I like way too many game series; it's like some bizarre paradox.
  • ObliqueZombie - December 6, 2013 7:05 p.m.

Ditto to the max, my friend. Sometimes I wish much of the gaming world didn't interest me, and I could be a hardcore fan of only a few. I could save so much time and money, hehe.
  • db1331 - November 8, 2012 1:14 p.m.

Are these supposed to be in order? Please tell me you don't have Kid Icarus and Mario Kart 7 rated higher than Ocarina. Please. Super Mario 3D shouldn't be ranked higher than it either, but it's at least a good enough game that it's not facepalm-inducing to have it where it is.
  • Person5 - November 8, 2012 2:34 p.m.

To be fair, those games are all new games while OOT IS essentially just a remake( I love the game too but new games should get higher marks than remakes IMO)
  • PleasantPig - November 8, 2012 2:36 p.m.

Took the words right out of my mouth, good sir. Was about to type something very similar.