• patbateman17 - March 1, 2012 10:50 a.m.

I still don't think there will be enough interesting architecture around America at this point in history to make the gameplay interesting. What will they remove the parkour elements and focus more on horses? I'm just not sure about this - of course it could be totally brilliant and make me eat my words, which I would prefer. Also - roman numerals? Really Captcha, really?
  • Schucknasty - March 1, 2012 11:30 a.m.

Although I agree that colonial-era America doesn't have the architectural interest of Renaissance Europe, it seems to me that the series probably won't be leaving Europe behind altogether. Given the political situation surrounding the Revolutionary War in England and France (who would become a United States ally and a critical factor in defeating Great Britain), and given the series' concern with political history in previous games, I'd be willing to bet we spend a fair amount of time traversing the rooftops of 18th century London and Paris, trying to influence events there, which would be pretty damn cool. I could also see some interesting possibilities with the North American wilderness areas (climbing trees or cliff sides in backwoods areas, waiting to pounce on unsuspecting British agents or Yankee turncoats).
  • patbateman17 - March 1, 2012 1:51 p.m.

That's actually a great idea - I hope that's what they do and have you going back and forth between the US and Europe...although I wouldn't be too keen on multiple characters...again...
  • Zatunks - March 1, 2012 10:50 a.m.

At first, I wouldn't have thought much of a new Assassin's Creed in America during the 1700s, but this could be pretty cool. I like some of the more subtle Native American inspiration for this character's wardrobe and equipment. I just wish they would hold onto this until 2013. I'm starting to feel burnt out on AC, and haven't been really excited for an installment since AC2 was coming out. But hopefully it will be different enough from the others that it won't feel so much like AC over saturation.
  • ncurry2 - March 1, 2012 10:44 a.m.

Annual releases FTW!!! Sigh
  • Killshot - March 1, 2012 10:42 a.m.

Man ubisoft released revelations less than a year ago the staff must be really tired having to keep up with the 2012 deadline.
  • Z-man427 - March 1, 2012 10:45 a.m.

The team that worked on ACII has been working on ACIII for the last 3 years. Brotherhood and Revelations were handled by various other teams.
  • ChiChiRocket - March 1, 2012 10:31 a.m.

After Revelations, I don't know how they can squeeze in another ancestor. I'm starting to get annoyed that they don't just get ON with it!
  • FOZ - March 1, 2012 10:46 a.m.

Get on with what? Isn't it clear by this point that Desmond and the present storyline mostly exist as an exist to have characters in various settings while still maintaining an overarching plot? This is a franchise, not a trilogy. They're going to do it as long as they can, and I think that's fine, as long as they keep the quality and level of content consistent.
  • FOZ - March 1, 2012 10:46 a.m.

Exist as an excuse.
  • Bitchslapthehomeless - March 1, 2012 10:53 a.m.

They are "getting on with it," and I'm glad for a new character. Desmond is boring, give me the tomahawk now!