• christian-shaffer - April 4, 2013 7:59 p.m.

Kind of surprised by the lack of Borderlands 2. It really wasn't my type of game, but the amount of easter eggs in it was ridiculous, especially the Minecraft one.
  • NeoKabuto - April 4, 2013 6:32 p.m.

MISSINGNO. is not an easter egg. It's a glitch, plain and simple. The Japanese versions of the first generation Pokemon games had quite a few bugs. MISSINGNO is just one that wasn't patched. It has stats, but those aren't there intentionally, which is obvious from the other glitched Pokemon that exist through the same glitch. Other than that, this list was really interesting.
  • Balaska - April 4, 2013 11:32 a.m.

The Notched pickaxe appeared in Morrowind.. it's not a reference to Notch. Fact check please.
  • MasterBrief - April 8, 2013 5:12 p.m.

wrong it is not in Morrowind. Check your facts.
  • oryanbelt - April 4, 2013 11:08 a.m.

Glad to see the L4D2 Jukebox easter egg was in here. I found that during the multiplayer demo and I just finished the first Portal a week before it came out so I was especially fond of that one. I personally liked the one in Final Fantasy IX, where the weapon shop in Lindblum has a large sword, that when examined, reminded Zidane of a "guy with spiky hair who carried something like this." Then again Final Fantasy IX is a giant reference in of itself but thought I just mention that one.
  • LEGOMatrix - April 4, 2013 10:43 a.m.

Loads of characters in the original Trauma Centre on DS shared forenames or surnames with characters from Scrubs.
  • chavbuster1 - April 4, 2013 9:13 a.m.

The infamous 'F@CK YOU' door from Fallout 3 isn't here? tut tut tut.
  • MadMan - April 4, 2013 7:42 a.m.

You forgot the Halo 3 RvB easter egg. That is my favorite one, and the fact that it changes with each difficulty is awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvtky4vvQw
  • SDHoneymonster - April 4, 2013 7:11 a.m.

The Indiana Jones skeleton found in a fridge in Fallout New Vegas is a good shout - it's not too far from the start, and it made me chuckle. There was another good one in Bioshock Infinite (POTENTIAL MINOR SPOILERS, so beware): when you get to The First Lady airship and Elizabeth works out you're not taking her to Paris, she pretends to cry. When you go to comfort her, she turns around and hits you with a wrench. Not sure it's necessarily an easter egg, but it's a lovely reference to the first Bioshock.
  • pillowcaselaw - September 8, 2013 12:14 p.m.

I wouldn't really say that the Indiana Jones fridge is an Easter Egg. It's a piece of content specifically added by the Wild Wasteland perk, which is full of references to various things, including in-jokes from the Something Awful forums, of which J. E. Sawyer is a member. It's more "wacky mode" than anything.
  • Sinosaur - April 4, 2013 6:53 a.m.

I don't think you actually need the DLC for the Fallout 3 one, I didn't have any DLC for FO3 and I found the spaceship. I believe that if you're close by it, you can find a weird transmission on your radio that gets stronger as you get closer to it.
  • brickman409 - April 5, 2013 8:33 p.m.

yeah, I came across it too without any dlc
  • Deadsquirrel - April 4, 2013 4:11 a.m.

Justin bailey password input from the original Metroid for NES gives 255 missiles and no suit. That's the first cheat/easter egg I ever experienced. .
  • Unoriginal - April 4, 2013 3:31 a.m.

At one point in Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake gets put into a jail cell. At this point you should save and turn of your system. When you return you will start playing a wierd beat 'em up instead of MGS3. After some time of that Snake will wake up in the cell, commenting on what a wierd drem he just had. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-oBn2G9cs
  • Fuzunga - April 3, 2013 9:06 p.m.

Some I can think of off the top of my head are the Destiny reference in ODST and Indiana Jones in a refrigerator in New Vegas.
  • J-Fid - April 3, 2013 8:27 p.m.

In Pokemon Black/White 2, there is a girl in Humilau City who says her dress is "comfy and easy to wear," a direct reference to the famous Shorts Boy on Route 3 in Red/Blue Versions. In SSBM, if you zoom in on the Metal Mario trophy, you can see the stage, Yoshi's Island. Also, the Metroid trophy shows a hidden image from Super Metroid. Don't know if MissingNo. truly counts as an easter egg, it's much more an infamous glitch. The Mew Glitch would be more appropriate. Don't know if either of these are Easter Eggs, but I'll list them anyways: The Pokemon Munna was referenced in Red/Blue years before it became a Pokemon in Black/White. In Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, if Luigi walks under falling water, he starts showering. I found this humorous when I first tried it.
  • J-Fid - April 3, 2013 8:40 p.m.

More to add, if you turn on your DS or DS Lite on your birthday, a different start-up jingle will play. I wanted to hear it yesterday, but I don't have my DS with me at college, I was disappointed. Also, you might want to mention that the Gamecube Easter Egg won't work with wireless controllers, it must be a wired one. There is a typo on the Totaka's Song slide. It should say Slider not Slide. You also could have mentioned the dozens of NES games you can play in Animal Crossing.
  • J-Fid - April 5, 2013 5:12 a.m.

Mario Kart 64's extended victory lap song that plays after about an hour of doing nothing.
  • BladedFalcon - April 3, 2013 5:12 p.m.

Surprised you guys didn't Mention the GameFreak Building in Pokemon Black & White, in which you meet not only the designers of the game, but after finishing a part of the game, you can BATTLE with one of them! Also another awesome easter egg was the whole secret room and then weird alternate ending in Contra: Hard Corps, in which you fight a series of increasingly weird bosses to the tune of Castlevania's "vampire Killer" in a very trippy remix. Anyway, pretty fun list overall! and man... Finding Jason appear for no apparent reason in Dead island was a super WTF moment, specially when it turns out he can kill you with one hit >_>; Killing him is worth it though, since then you can use his chainsaw! :D
  • C.King - April 3, 2013 9:10 p.m.

they do that in every game actually, the battling part was new though