If you haven't felt the thrill of literally ghosting into an orc encampment, emerging from the shadows only to plunge your dagger into your nemesis' neck, your patience is about to pay off. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment plans to release a Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (opens in new tab) Game of the Year Edition on May 5 in North America and May 8 in the UK.
The GOTY edition includes the main game and all current DLC packs (opens in new tab) for $49.99/£49.99, which is less than the game cost by itself when it released last year, and it'll be available on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Meanwhile, The Lord of the Hunt and The Bright Lord expansions both introduce several new story missions starring familiar characters: fighting orcs on poison-spewing caragors, trying to topple Sauron as an ancient elf-lord, that kind of thing.
Check out Warner Bros.' full list of all the extra stuff included in Shadow of Mordor's GOTY edition below. It didn't quite claim GR+'s pick for 2014 Game of the Year (opens in new tab), by the way, but Shadow of Mordor was our favorite action-adventure game.
● Story Packs: The Lord of The Hunt and The Bright Lord
● Skins: The Dark Ranger, Captain of the Watch, Lord of the Hunt, The Bright Lord, Power of Shadow and Lithariel Skins
● Runes: Hidden Blade, Deadly Archer, Flame of Anor, Rising Storm, Orc Slayer, Defiant to the End, Elven Grace, Ascendant, One with Nature
● Missions: Guardians of the Flaming Eye, The Berserks and The Skull Crushers Warband Missions
● Challenge Modes: Test of Power, Test of Speed, Test of Wisdom, Endless Challenge, Test of the Wild, Test of the Ring, Test of Defiance Challenge Modes
● Additional Features: Photo Mode