The latest Days Gone patch notes reveal that version 1.09 is a relatively minor hotfix, though you wouldn't know it from the roughly 12GB download size. Developer Bend Studio shared the official Days Gone patch notes in a post on Reddit, revealing three tweaks to shore up glitches that could affect performance, cause crashes, or keep players from completing missions. Here are the full notes:
- Fixed the issue involving some of the "Marauder Camp Hunter" story line side-missions
- Improved lighting for the boss fight in the Crater Lake area
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes
It isn't clear what in there requires a 12GB download. Maybe Bend Studio is getting some things squared away for the start of Days Gone DLC in June?
Bend Studio just said in the last patch notes that it was planning to slow down the cadence of Days Gone updates, making each one more substantial to compensate for the reduced frequency. That's still the idea, despite how quickly this hotfix arrived after the last update. Speaking of which, I've included the patch notes for Days Gone update 1.08 below in case you hadn't seen them yet.
Days Gone patch notes for update 1.08
The latest set of Days Gone patch notes are full of fixes for progress-halting glitches, including the Afraid of a Little Competition bug and others that left players hanging partway through a mission. You'll also hopefully notice some more general improvements to performance during both gameplay and cinematics, keeping the game running smoothly and the audio synced-up to the action.
Unfortunately, not every mission glitch has been cleaned up yet. Bend Studio confirmed in response to a player's comment that it's still "looking into a resolution" for a problem that's keeping some from finishing the Didn't Want to Join Up quest. Bend says it hopes to have a fix ready for the next update. Speaking of which, Bend Studio also said it now plans to "to slow down the amount of patches we release but to add more fixes, features, and optimizations with each patch."
More than two weeks passed between the Days Gone update 1.07 and update 1.08, so it sounds like we may be looking at something more akin to a monthly cadence or longer for Days Gone patch notes in the future. Days Gone DLC is set to begin with the free addition of Survival Mode in June - expect to see some more game changes around then.
Here are the full Days Gone patch notes straight from Bend Studio for the latest version, 1.08.
- Fixed an issue where players wouldn't be able to save, fast travel, or pause after triggering the cinematic to "I've Had Better Days"
- Fixed the issue that prevented players from completing ”Afraid of a Little Competition?”. Players may need to move as far back to where the Bounty Collector Merchant resides and return to the mission objective to trigger the cinematic
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to complete “Searching For Lisa”. Players that were impacted will now see the Mission Complete screen
- Overall improvements have been made to streaming and performance
- Audio desync issue during cinematics have been resolved
- Auto-save function will now save the correct number of saves to your save cloud account
- With this update, we did not delete any of your current auto-saves. You can go into (Settings) > [Application Saved Data Management] > [Auto-Upload] to manage your auto-saves for Days Gone
- The game should no longer crash when attempting to overwrite the oldest auto-save
- Patch updates now retain your Difficulty settings
- Fixed various bugs and miscellaneous crashes
Days Gone review | Days Gone guide | Days Gone tips | Days Gone map | Days Gone IPCA Tech | Days Gone Horde locations | How to take down a Horde in Days Gone | Days Gone skins | Days Gone secret ending | Days Gone NERO Injector locations | Days Gone Ambush Camp locations | How to store weapons in Days Gone