Win a day at Andy Serkis’ Imaginarium Studios!
Samantha Shannon’s writing career is only just getting underway but that didn’t stop Bloomsbury describing the launch of her debut novel, The Bone Season , as “the most exiting global publishing event of 2013”.
Shannon’s dystopian debut novel, which has already been optioned for the big screen by Imaginarium Studios, is the story of Page Mahoney; a young woman stuck deep in the criminal underworld. The novel takes a particularly dark turn as Page is kidnapped and forced to adapt to a new life of imprisonment. Shannon described the book as something that fans of dystopian literature from 1984 to The Hunger Games would enjoy.
Imaginarium Studios, co-founded by Andy Serkis in 2011, has already been involved in major film projects, providing performance capture services for Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes . In 2012 they bought the film rights for The Bone Season . In their studios they will use image capture technology to breathe life into the thrilling narrative of The Bone Season , using digital effects to create a dark world parallel to our own.
For your chance to visit the performance capture studios where The Bone Season will be transformed for screen with a friend, or one of five signed first edition copies of The Bone Season , answer the simple question behind this magic link .
For further details about The Bone Season , see www.facebook.com/theboneseason .
Additional Terms and Conditions (see competition entry page for a link to the complete terms and conditions):
· Competition will close at 11.59pm on September 30th 2013
· Open to UK participants only
· 1 x winner and a friend will spend the day at The Imaginarium Studios in Ealing, meet Andy Serkis and see the studio in action
· 5 x runners up will also receive a signed first edition copy of The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
· If the winner of the main prize is under the age of 18, they MUST be accompanied by a guardian over the age of 18
· The first prize winner must be able to redeem the prize before 31 December 2013. If the first prize winner cannot attend within this time, a new winner will be selected
· The first prize winner will receive £75 towards the cost of travel to The Imaginarium Studios in Ealing
· There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
· Winners will be picked at random and contacted within 24 hours of the closing date
· The Editor's decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.