The good folks at Raptr dropped us a line today to let us know that they're rolling out a new program for users of the gamer-social-network-type-thing. They're currently boasting 13 million users, and now they want to give those users some stuff. Because, believe us, gamers absolutely love stuff.
And the stuff they're offering isn't too shabby either. They've reportedly offered $1.3 million in prizes in the first month, though we've no idea whether or not that includes the prizes like entry into private betas. Which are obviously priceless.
Here's a few of the things they're boasting about giving away:
· Exclusive in-game items for Blacklight: Retribution
· Major discounts on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3-branded Logitech G-Series peripherals
· Early access codes for Diablo III
· Major discounts for Gunnar gaming eyewear
· Beta access for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
· Consoles, rare collectibles, and in-game items for Mass Effect 3
· Microsoft Gold package, featuring a free one month Gold subscription, plus Xbox LIVE Arcade games
· Free copies of Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
· Free copies of RIFT, as well as upgrade to Collector’s Edition
· Exclusive in-game items and currency for Shin Megami Tensei Imagine, Pandora Saga
Each reward is different, and the way that you qualify depends on the reward itself," said a PR rep for Raptr. "For example, people qualify these rewards by playing games for a certain length of time, or getting certain achievements, or being the first to accomplish something."
Our only reservation is that these promotions might get hogged up
From the comments made by the CEO of Raptr, it kind of sounds like they're building Klout for video gamers.
“We see Raptr Rewards as a natural evolution of what Raptr can do for gamers,” said Dennis Fong, CEO of Raptr. “Raptr’s reputation system already ranks players based on their skills and activity in their games. We’re now taking the next step in rewarding players for the time and effort they’ve invested in these games. The good news is this is just the beginning!”