Burnout studio's multiplayer extreme sports game officially canceled, now on Star Wars VR
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more
You are now subscribed
Your newsletter sign-up was successful
Want to add more newsletters?
Every Friday
GamesRadar+
Your weekly update on everything you could ever want to know about the games you already love, games we know you're going to love in the near future, and tales from the communities that surround them.
Every Thursday
GTA 6 O'clock
Our special GTA 6 newsletter, with breaking news, insider info, and rumor analysis from the award-winning GTA 6 O'clock experts.
Every Friday
Knowledge
From the creators of Edge: A weekly videogame industry newsletter with analysis from expert writers, guidance from professionals, and insight into what's on the horizon.
Every Thursday
The Setup
Hardware nerds unite, sign up to our free tech newsletter for a weekly digest of the hottest new tech, the latest gadgets on the test bench, and much more.
Every Wednesday
Switch 2 Spotlight
Sign up to our new Switch 2 newsletter, where we bring you the latest talking points on Nintendo's new console each week, bring you up to date on the news, and recommend what games to play.
Every Saturday
The Watchlist
Subscribe for a weekly digest of the movie and TV news that matters, direct to your inbox. From first-look trailers, interviews, reviews and explainers, we've got you covered.
Once a month
SFX
Get sneak previews, exclusive competitions and details of special events each month!
The untitled extreme sports game from the Burnout studio has officially been left by the wayside. An Electronic Arts representative confirmed to GameSpot that the Criterion title, which was teased with a concept trailer full of multiplayer stunts on a variety of vehicles at E3 2014, is no longer in development.
"While they've moved on from the previous project they've spoken about and aren't pursuing it, they are continuing to build new ideas and experiment with new IP for EA, in addition to continuing to collaborate with other EA studios," the representative said.
The original outline for the game was left deliberately vague to leave room for players to help shape the development process, former Criterion creative director Alex Ward said at the time. The ensuing years of near-total silence on the project indicate that may not have gone according to plan, if it ever got off the ground at all.
In terms of collaborating with other EA studios, we know Criterion is working on the Star Wars Battlefront VR experience. But as for any original projects from the studio, we'll have to wait and see. Dangerous Golf, the first new game from Ward and fellow Criterion co-founder Fiona Sperry's new Three Fields Entertainment, was released earlier this month.
Seen something newsworthy? Tell us!
Weekly digests, tales from the communities you love, and more

I got a BA in journalism from Central Michigan University - though the best education I received there was from CM Life, its student-run newspaper. Long before that, I started pursuing my degree in video games by bugging my older brother to let me play Zelda on the Super Nintendo. I've previously been a news intern for GameSpot, a news writer for CVG, and was formerly a staff writer at GamesRadar+.


