Left 4 Dead 2 FAQs
Left 4 Dead 2 Cheats
PC | Submitted by John Leslie MartinezAlternate Way to Cheat
This is easier in the Main Menu open the console then type in map then just, Press space then pick a level then after your done picking the level open the console then type in sv_cheats 1 then start cheating (Note: This Will not work if you play single player mode)
Xbox 360 | Submitted by GrandTheftSillyThe Passing Avatar Items
Left 4 Dead 2 Cap: Download The Passing game add-on and go to the Left 4 Dead 2 title menu.
Gnome Chomsky: Win 10 games of Mutation.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Jak AttackDead Rising Reference (the Passing)
In Chapter 2 of the Passing, when you get to the bar with pool tables, where there is a staircase to your left and a room to your right, go into the room and on one of the walls it says:
Out of film, helicopters not coming
Zombies too fast. Not gonna make it.
Any player of Dead Rising will recognize Otis as the annoying janitor, and Frank West as the protagonist of Dead Rising.
PC | Submitted by GamesRadarConsole Codes
Select Options > Keyboard/Mouse. Enable Allow Developers Console. Press '~' to activate the console.
tongue_range - (Default 750) Sets the maximum range of the smoker's tongue attack
z_pounce_damage X - amount of damage you want to do to survivors
z_witch_burn_time - Amount of time before a burning Witch dies from fire (does not effect caused by fire)
z_health - Change zombie health
z_speed - Change Zombie speed
director_no_human_zombies 0/1 - Disables/enables controllable Boss Infected on any map
director_panic_forever 0/1 - Enables/Disables never ending panics
director_force_panic - Forces a panic event
give ammo - Full Ammunition
give pistol - Get pistol
impulse 101 - Give Ammo to your primary weapon
give autoshotgun - Give auto shotgun
give first_aid_kit - give first aid kit
give health - give full health
give gascan - give gascan
give hunting_rifle - give hunting rifle
give molotov - give molotov
give oxygentank - give oxygentank
give_pain_pills - give pain pills
give pipe_bomb - give pipe bomb
give propanetank - give propanetank
give rifle - give you an MK 47 ( machine gun )
z_spawn weapon_SMG - give you the SMG
god - invincibility
buddha 1 - just like god but you receive damage (sometimes if you are the only survivor left, you can't receive damage from infected
sb_openfire or open_fire (console will tell) - makes your bot teammates shoot nonstop
director_no_mobs <1/0> - No mob rushes
firstperson - Play in first person (default), this cheat only necessary if thirdperson mode is enabled
Ent_Remove - Removes all bots
z_witch_damage - Sets the amount of damage a Witch's attack does
thirdperson_mayamode - sets the camera to be fixed in place whle in either third person or third person shoulder mode. Enter once to turn on and enter again to turn off
thirdperson - sets the camera to be in third person mode
thirdpersonshoulder - sets the camera to over the shoulder third person mode
z_common_limit - sets the maximum amount of regular zombies
z_tank_health - sets the maximum health of the tank
z_frustration_lifetime - sets the number of seconds until the player loses control of the tank from not attacking survivors
sb_friendlyfire <1/0> - sets whether or not bots (and only bots) are allowed to do friendly fire damage
director_stop - Shuts off all wanderers, mobs, specials, and bosses
z_spawn zombie - spawn 1 zombie
boom - spawn a active pipebomb under you
- spawn a special infected
z_spawn mob - spawn a zombie horde
z_spawn boomer - spawn boomer at location of crosshair
z_spawn hunter - spawn hunter at location of crosshair
z_spawn smoker - spawn smoker at location of crosshair
z_spawn tank - spawn tank at location of crosshair
noclip - Toggles no clipping mode
z_witch_allow_change_victim <1/0> - True/false setting that allows the witch to change targets instead or focus on the one survivor that alerted her first
sv_infinite_ammo 1 - unlimited ammunition
PC | Submitted by theblueguy2Console open
Open steam. Go to my games. Click the Left 4 dead 2 icon once, and then press *Properties* next to *Launch*. Then open: Set launch options; and simply type in: -console. When you open the game next time the editors/cheat console will be open.(NOTE: The console will disappear until you re-start the game unless you bind a key to it)(OBSERVE: punctuation such as : , ; . _ or * shall not be typed into the *set launch options* console)
Left 4 Dead 2 Hints
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Keaton GreggGong Show
On dark carnival you will find a game that you hit the lever with a melee weapon and the disk will go up well most people haven't figured this out yet but the higher your heath the higher the disk will go so get your health as high as it will go then use an adrenaline shot and hit the lever with a melee weapon and the disk will fly up and break the bell off and you will get the achievement GONG SHOW
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Fudge Muffin 12Versus Mode Tips: Infected
Tips on killing the survivors:
1. Spawning--Spawning in the right spot is key. Some infected are better in front of the group and some are better behind. At the start of a level it may be best to spawn in the Safe Room after the survivors leave.
2. Kill stealing--Never steal a kill. If someone has trapped a survivor than do not take that kill. Infected than can steel kills are: Jockey (only from Smoker) Hunter (from anything but a Charger), Charger, Boomer (when it stands too close and explodes), Smokers (only from a Jockey), and a Tank.
3. Team work--Coordinate your attacks, talk with one another.
4. Stay Hidden--If you are wait to ambush or are recharging than hide. You would be surprised on how well you stick out.
5. Car alarms--Get near a car with an alarm. Sometimes they miss you and hit the car.
6. Fire--Fire hurts. A lot. You will burn until you die. Stop, drop and roll will not help you.
7. Ambush--A well timed and planed ambush usually takes them out quick.
8. Boomer--The Boomer has very little hit points. Hide and ambush, do not charge. A fat zombie can only run so fast. If you puke than say around the survivors, if you explode than you will coat them in that dripping fluid that the common infected just love. Do not stand too close to a survivor that is pined. If you get shot than the explosion frees the survivor. The Boomer is better spawned in the front.
9. Charger--The charger is fast, strong, and powerful. Before you hit RT to charge, tail behind the target to insure a good hit. A Charger will carry a survivors until it hits something or runs out of energy. It can also hit more than one survivor. The first is pined and the rest fly in the air. If you are playing a map with a cliff than a Charger can hit a survivor off the cliff causing suicide and an instant kill. Even if you miss as the Charger it can hit hard by pressing LT. A Charger is better in the front.
10. Hunter--A Hunter can leap in the air and pounce a survivor. To leap far aim up. A Hunter can hit hard but does not have much hit points. It can also pounce on uncompensated survivors. A Hunter us better on high ground or behind.
11. Jockey--The Jockey can jump on a survivor and carry him or her. Use it to carry a survivor into an acid patch or away from the group. Do not carry it into fire; the fire will do more damage to you than the survivor. You can also carry a savior off a cliff. This will kill you but it will incorporate the survivor. A Jockey is better in the back.
12. Smoker--A Smoker will lash its long tong at a survivor and drag them away. They can hide on roof tops and still snag a kill. Smokers are best on roof tops or in the back.
13. Spitter--The Spitter can launch a lump of acid that forms a large puddle that cause major damage. Use it to spit on survivors that are pinned, uncompensated or on small walkways to from chock points. If you die than a small puddle of acid will form. Use that to your advantage. A Spitter is better on higher ground or in front.
14. Tank--The Tank is the Chuck Norris of the Zombie World. It has massive hit points and damage. A healthy survivor can run faster than a tank though. Do not let them surround you, do not chase a healthy survivor in an open area, and do not smack a teammate’s victim. A Tank can throw chunks of concrete at saviors but it takes time. A Tank can smack a survivor off a cliff causing an instant kill or smack a car on a survivor causing incapacitation. If you do not attack the survivors than you will lose control.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Fudge Muffin 12Versus Mode Tips: Survivor
Tips for survivors on versus:
1. Communicate--Always use mikes and talk to your team.
2. Stay together--Never stray off or run ahead.
3. Steer clear of Witches--They incapacitate instantly.
4. Healing--Do not heal when your health bar is yellow; heal when red. If someone else is weaker and they do not have a health pack than heal them.
5. Weapons--Grab a different weapon than others. Reload when safe.
6. Grenades--Do not throw a grenade at another survivor, its just plain rude.
7. Tanks--Tanks are BA's and can do a lot of damage. Separate from the Tank. If someone is down than the rest of the team needs to distract the Tank while one goes to revive him/her. Try to light it on fire; it will burn until it dies.
8. Weapon Upgrades--Do not deploy frag rounds or incendiary ammo away from everyone else. Make sure everyone sees it.
9. Look back--Enemies spawn behind you too.
10-Smokers--Smack the strangled survivor using LT.
11-Hunters--Do not smack off; Hunters do not need to recharge before attacking. It may jump on you next.
12. Jockeys--Do smack off; Jockeys need to recharge before jumping again. If you shoot them than aim high otherwise you would just shoot their victim.
13. Chargers--If you see one try to dodge if possible. Serpentine maneuvers and jumping help.
14. Boomers--If you see one that has not puked on you yet than get some distance and shoot it. If you have been puked on than hide in a corner; a melee weapon is good here.
15. Spitters--Do not run through an acid patch for any reason what so ever. Say "NO" to acid!!
16.Friedly fire--Do not shoot other survivors, even if they p!55ed you off. If you are in front than crouch; it allows people behind you to shoot and it improves your accuracy.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by brandon 154Stache Whacker Achievement
(For this you will need a ninja sword or machete) On the dark carnival campaign in front of the stadium look around and you'll see an arcade game called "stache wacker" if you press X it will turn on and a bunch of little mustashios popping in and out so just hit them with a gun or melee weapon. Once you get about 40-45 hits the machine will break and alert the horde but you do get the achievement.
Xbox 360, PC | Submitted by Cody G.Gnome Chomsky
In the second chapter of the Dark Carnival campaign you will find a shooting range. Play this game until you score 750 points and you will receive Gnome Chomsky. Have one survivor escape the rest of the campaign with him to unlock the Achievement.
Left 4 Dead 2 Glitches
Xbox 360 | Submitted by B Tech inc.Tank Can't Hurt You Place On Bridge
Parish on the Bridge level when you get to the Tank
When you get to the part in the Parish where you are on the bridge and you are battling the Tank. Go to the truck that has the ammo in it. You will see a dead girl in the corner right next to a pile of boxes. Crouch down in the corner that the dead girl is in and wait for the Tank to come. When the Tank tries to hit you, you will not get harmed. He can not reach you there so you can shoot him up close till he is dead without taking any damage.
PC | Submitted by old schoolGoing for gold over a Wall
Most Survival maps
Get 1 guy with a nade launcher to crouch down next to a wall with level ground on the other side, and have another guy jump off something onto the head of the crouched nader. While the jumper is in mid air fire the nade. time it right and the jumper will be sent flying into the air, if controlled correctly the jumper can land just on the other side of a wall and be defibbed. The jumper should then run to the far side of the map, and the rest of the team can start the match. The jumper being so far away from the spawns should receive little attention from hordes. Go for the Gold. Example location: Parish, bridge..... On the Highway facing the Bridge there is a fence. Have 1 guy jump off from the green canopy. Good luck.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by DeadliestAssassin23Sky Walker
Any stage on a roof
You need to have a pipe bomb and be on top of a roof and if you wanna go any certain direction back away a little than when it explodes rapidly click the Y button and you'll be walking in the sky
Xbox 360 | Submitted by Hayden Hills (vipingchansaw)<xbox nameGet outside of the map
1 part of parish campaign next to the safe house
go to the bins jump on them and get on the electricity box jump up them then turn round and jump onto the roof once your on turn round and look at the other roof now stand in line with the edge of the roof your on now then shoot to mark out to u and the other team mates were to jump to right now run then jump but at the same time Hold RB then wait for someone to let you up then stand in line with the vence then walk along the fence and you will be in thin air right walk acroos slowly then the last fence goes diagonally so u copy it then run jump then once your on the roof slowly go past the window after that there will be another roof now jump on there then once u done that u can basically go on any roof u like or if u would like to get out of the map which is boring because it's only a little bit of it but if u do then instead of going across the fence jump over into the other side but be careful so go down a safe way then run up to the armoured car then the tent right good now run up to the stairs but u cant so once it stop's u turn left u will see a wall get on the wall go along it slowly then jump onto the big white wall oh but once u jump over the fence there is no going bk and also if once your on wall and u jump over there is also no going back well that's all i know but i hope u try it yourself it works CHOW!
Xbox 360, PC | Submitted by thebull27Get on top of a sign
Second part of the Parish campaign
Once you are off the boat head up the ramp and you'll see a barricade with barbed-wire at the top. Jump up on top of that and you'll see a gib sign right behind you. Face away from the sign looking down at the water, jump forward just a little bit and it will force you to hang from the sign instead of the barricade over top of the water. Someone will help you up and you will be on top of the sign.
Left 4 Dead 2 Unlockables
Xbox 360 | Submitted by GrandTheftSillyHow to unlock Mutation
Download The Passing game add-on and go to the Left 4 Dead 2 title menu.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by CheatPlanet"The Passing" Achievements
Survive The Passing Campaign.
Port of Scavenge:
Play 5 full games of Scavenge on The Port.
Knock off the heads of 18 infected with the golf club.
Til It Goes Click:
Using the M60, kill 25 infected without letting go of the trigger.
Killing Them Swiftly To This Song:
Play the new Midnight Riders song on a jukebox.
As the Charger, grab a Survivor and crash them through 8 chairs at the wedding.
Open 5 foot lockers.
Kite Like a Man:
Kill a tank only with damage from the original Survivors.
Collect 10 items dropped by a Fallen Survivor.
Play 6 Mutations.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by GamesRadarAchievements
A RIDE DENIED (15) - Kill a Jockey within 2 seconds of it jumping on a Survivor.
A SPITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS (15) - As the Spitter, spit on a Survivor being choked by a Smoker.
ACID REFLEX (15) - Kill a Spitter before she is able to spit.
ARMORY OF ONE (15) - Deploy an ammo upgrade and have your team use it.
BACK IN THE SADDLE (15) - As the Jockey, ride the Survivors twice in a single life.
BEAT THE RUSH (15) - In a Survival round, get a medal only using melee weapons.
BRIDGE BURNER (20) - Survive the Parish campaign.
BRIDGE OVER TREBLED SLAUGHTER (30) - Cross the bridge finale in less than three minutes.
BURNING SENSATION (15) - Ignite 50 Common Infected with incendiary ammo.
CACHE AND CARRY (20) - Collect 15 gas cans in a single Scavenge round.
CHAIN OF COMMAND (15) - Kill 100 Common Infected with the chainsaw.
CL0WND (15) - Honk the noses of 10 Clowns.
CLUB DEAD (15) - Use every melee weapon to kill Common Infected.
CONFEDERACY OF CRUNCHES (30) - Finish a campaign using only melee weapons.
CRASS MENAGERIE (20) - Kill one of each Uncommon Infected.
DEAD IN THE WATER (20) - Kill 10 swampy Mudmen while they are in the water.
DISMEMBERMENT PLAN (20) - Kill 15 Infected with a single grenade launcher blast.
FRIED PIPER (15) - Using a Molotov, burn a Clown leading at least 10 Common Infected.
FUEL CRISIS (15) - Make a Survivor drop a gas can during overtime.
GAS GUZZLER (20) - Collect 100 gas cans in Scavenge.
GAS SHORTAGE (20) - Cause 25 gas can drops as a Special Infected.
GONG SHOW (15) - Prove you are stronger than Moustachio.
GREAT EXPECTORATIONS (15) - As the Spitter, hit every Survivor with a single acid patch.
GUARDIN' GNOME (30) - Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Carnival.
HEAD HONCHO (15) - Decapitate 200 Infected with a melee weapon.
HEARTWARMER (20) - In a Versus round, leave the saferoom to defibrillate a dead teammate.
HUNTING PARTY (15) - Win a game of Scavenge.
LEVEL A CHARGE (15) - Kill a Charger with a melee weapon while they are charging.
LONG DISTANCE CARRIER (15) - As the Charger, grab a Survivor and carry them over 80 feet.
MEAT TENDERIZER (20) - As the Charger, grab a Survivor and smash them into the ground for a solid 15 seconds.
MIDNIGHT RIDER (20) - Survive the Dark Carnival campaign.
PRICE CHOPPER (20) - Survive the Dead Center campaign.
QUALIFIED RIDE (15) - As the Jockey, ride a Survivor for more than 12 seconds.
RAGIN' CAJUN (20) - Survive the Swamp Fever campaign.
ROBBED ZOMBIE (15) - Collect 10 vials of Boomer vomit from infected CEDA agents you have killed.
RODE HARD, PUT AWAY WET (20) - As the Jockey, ride a Survivor and steer them into a Spitter's acid patch.
SCATTERING RAM (20) - As the Charger, bowl through the entire enemy team in a single charge.
SCAVENGE HUNT (15) - Stop the enemy team from collecting any gas cans during a Scavenge round.
SEPTIC TANK (15) - Use a bile bomb on a Tank.
SHOCK JOCK (30) - Revive 10 dead Survivors with the defibrillator.
SOB STORY (30) - Navigate the sugar mill and reach the safe room without killing any Witches.
STACHE WHACKER (15) - Prove you are faster than Moustachio.
STILL SOMETHING TO PROVE (35) - Survive all campaigns on Expert.
STRENGTH IN NUMBERS (15) - Form a team and beat an enemy team in 4v4 Versus or Scavenge.
TANK BURGER (30) - Kill a Tank with melee weapons.
THE QUICK AND THE DEAD (30) - Revive 10 incapacitated Survivors while under the speed-boosting effects of adrenaline.
THE REAL DEAL (35) - Survive a campaign on Expert skill with Realism mode enabled.
VIOLENCE IN SILENCE (30) - Navigate the impound lot and reach the cemetary safe room without tripping any alarms.
WEATHERMAN (20) - Survive the Hard Rain campaign.
WING AND A PRAYER (30) - Defend yourself at the crashed airliner without taking damage.
PC | Submitted by GamesRadarSteam Achievments
A ride denied - Kill a jockey within 2 seconds of it jumping on a survivor.
A spittle help from my friends - As the spitter, spit on a survivor being choked by a smoker.
Acid reflex - Kill a spitter before she is able to spit.
Armory of one - Deploy an ammo upgrade and have your team use it.
Back in the saddle - As the jockey, ride the survivors twice in a single life.
Beat the rush - In a survival round, get a medal only using melee weapons.
Bridge burner - Survive the parish campaign.
Bridge over trebled slaughter - Cross the bridge finale in less than three minutes.
Burning sensation - Ignite 50 common infected with incendiary ammo.
Cache and carry - Collect 15 gas cans in a single scavenge round.
Chain of command - Kill 100 common infected with the chainsaw.
Cl0wnd - Honk the noses of 10 clowns.
Club dead - Use every melee weapon to kill common infected.
Confederacy of crunches - Finish a campaign using only melee weapons.
Crass menagerie - Kill one of each uncommon infected.
Dead in the water - Kill 10 swampy mudmen while they are in the water.
Dismemberment plan - Kill 15 infected with a single grenade launcher blast.
Fried piper - Using a molotov, burn a clown leading at least 10 common infected.
Fuel crisis - Make a survivor drop a gas can during overtime.
Gas guzzler - Collect 100 gas cans in scavenge.
Gas shortage - Cause 25 gas can drops as a special infected.
Gong show - Prove you are stronger than moustachio.
Great expectorations - As the spitter, hit every survivor with a single acid patch.
Guardin' gnome - Rescue gnome chompski from the carnival.
Head honcho - Decapitate 200 infected with a melee weapon.
Heartwarmer - In a versus round, leave the saferoom to defibrillate a dead teammate.
Hunting party - Win a game of scavenge.
Level a charge - Kill a charger with a melee weapon while they are charging.
Long distance carrier - As the charger, grab a survivor and carry them over 80 feet.
Meat tenderizer - As the charger, grab a survivor and smash them into the ground for a solid 15 seconds.
Midnight rider - Survive the dark carnival campaign.
Price chopper - Survive the dead center campaign.
Qualified ride - As the jockey, ride a survivor for more than 12 seconds.
Ragin' cajun - Survive the swamp fever campaign.
Robbed zombie - Collect 10 vials of boomer vomit from infected ceda agents you have killed.
Rode hard, put away wet - As the jockey, ride a survivor and steer them into a spitter's acid patch.
Scattering ram - As the charger, bowl through the entire enemy team in a single charge.
Scavenge hunt - Stop the enemy team from collecting any gas cans during a scavenge round.
Septic tank - Use a bile bomb on a tank.
Shock jock - Revive 10 dead survivors with the defibrillator.
Sob story - Navigate the sugar mill and reach the safe room without killing any witches.
Stache whacker - Prove you are faster than moustachio.
Still something to prove - Survive all campaigns on expert.
Strength in numbers - Form a team and beat an enemy team in 4V4 versus or scavenge.
Tank burger - Kill a tank with melee weapons.
The quick and the dead - Revive 10 incapacitated survivors while under the speed-boosting effects of adrenaline.
The real deal - Survive a campaign on expert skill with realism mode enabled.
Violence in silence - Navigate the impound lot and reach the cemetary safe room without tripping any alarms.
Weatherman - Survive the hard rain campaign.
Wing and a prayer - Defend yourself at the crashed airliner without taking damage.
Xbox 360 | Submitted by GamesRadarUnlockable Avatar Items
Bull Shifters (Ellis) Shirt - Earned by beating all five campaigns.
Depeche Mode (Rochelle) Shirt - Rescue Gnome Chompski from the Dark Carnival, and holding it until the rescue vehicle departs.
Left 4 Dead 2 shirt - Earned by winning 10 games of Scavenge.
Med Kit - Earned by beating all five campaigns on any difficulty.
Zombie Hand Shirt - Earned by killing 10,000 Infected.
Left 4 Dead 2 Easter Eggs
Xbox 360 | Submitted by RagnockRe: Your Brains Easter Egg
The First Chapter of Any Campaign with a JukeBox in it
If you first start a campaign and happen upon a lit up jukebox, walk up to it and press X. There are a few songs to be played, but if you hear a song that starts with "Hey there, Tom, it's Bob" or something along those lines, keep playing it..
After a bit, the singer and background zombies will yell out "Allll we wanna do is eat your brains!!" and the horde will start attacking!
Don't know if it works every time, but I tried it twice and it happened at the same point in the song.