Topics

Best of GR

• redalert3 - July 30, 2010 5:17 p.m.

Dude, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune has one of the best stories i have ever seen. Even some movies don't compare to it, but at least have Uncharted 2: Among theives. That game is aswome with no end, trust me, it beats some games on here.
  • Jadernader - July 29, 2010 11:30 p.m.

Metal Gear Fucking Solid 3 has the best story ever....
  • mrmorozov987 - July 8, 2010 7 p.m.

In all seriousness, while I wouldn't say it was one of the best stories, the original Battlefield: Bad Company had an entertaining story with fun characters. Uncharted 2 deserves special mention for piecing together so many memorable set-pieces in a story that not only made sense, but was also above-par for most games. Unlike some... *cough* MW2 *cough*
  • MaskedPheasant - July 12, 2013 12:38 p.m.

To be honest I found Uncharted 2 the weakest of the trilogy in terms of story. It copied far to much from Drake's Fortune but missed all the sense of mystery that it's predecessor had and Drake's Deception was by far the strongest as a character-driven narrative.
  • mrmorozov987 - July 8, 2010 6:56 p.m.

What? No Jaws: Unleashed, Rogue Warrior, or Prison Break: The Conspiracy? BIAS!!!! (It makes me sad to know that some people are going to take that seriously)
  • TheVGAddict - June 21, 2010 3:38 a.m.

I'm one of the few people who liked Halo for the campaign more then the multiplayer. I'll be buying Reach mostly for the Campaign, lol. BTW, I wrote a similar article, only it was based more around how videogames have affected peoples lives. http://thevideogameaddict.com/?p=231 Come take a look if you wanna.
  • lcbrightway - May 6, 2010 1:23 a.m.

wth? i was expecting Halo to be there, and at least Assassins Creed, THEY PWN EVERYTING HERE!
  • jesusrodrigo9410 - April 8, 2010 4:12 a.m.

Metal Gear Solid!!!! nice choise! when i sar MGS on this list i thought that MGS3 would be on the list too because it has one of the best stories i've seen but anyways... nice choises ;)
  • Shermie - April 6, 2010 10:24 p.m.

I love FFVI, I'm so happy it made the list! :)
  • sleepy92ismypsn - April 6, 2010 9:32 p.m.

san andreas is my favorite game and i think yall summed it up quite nicely and pretty soon im going to start my 8th playthrough. i guess ill add beyond good and evil to ny neverending list of games to play eventually. and the orange box.
  • mdiaz033 - April 6, 2010 5:02 p.m.

whenever i think of videogames with amazing stories or plots i think of both Portal and Silent Hill 2. Portal proves less is more with it's simple but perplexing plot that leaves us wondering just what the hell it was all for. it sounds like sh!t but its not. it was too satisfying and memorable. Silent hill 2 let players decisions determine one of four(?) endings and they are all good. SH2 did what movies can't. involve the viewer's participation to determine the appropriate outcome for the specific viewer. of course, this could be done better but its still damn good. i think gtaiv should be up here. if you listen to almost everything the characters talk about, it all refers back to a certain theme whether it be "everything is predetermined," "we are and everything is b/c of our choices," "you can't outrun your mistakes/there are no second chances," and who can forget the classic "everything that can go wrong will" b/c almost every mission is a plan gone wrong. gtaiv has a lot of unity. and in a story its important to possess that quality. this is all just my opinion though.
  • D0CCON - April 6, 2010 1:48 a.m.

After first seeing Metal Gear on the list, I thought this was going to become "The Most Convoluted Video Game Stories Ever." Pretty interesting other than that. However, you defiantly missed the greatest one of all, Modern Warfare 2!!!
  • GrlGmr - March 15, 2010 6:44 a.m.

No System Shock 2? What the hell? The scene where SHODAN reveals herself has got to be one of the most memorable in gaming history.
  • evilmonkeyturds - March 4, 2010 12:01 a.m.

Legacy of Kain, maybe, no well...Chuck Norris is now pissed. Hope your happy with Chuck Norris finding you.
  • gilgamesh310 - February 23, 2010 10:56 a.m.

Portal is there but not half life 2, what!? Also where the hell is deus ex. It had a very well told believable story with hardly any cutscenes. The story telling combined elements of half life and system shock and happens to be one of the deepest around.
  • denyeverything - February 19, 2010 9:44 a.m.

God of War?!?! lol. Fanboy.
  • TedDidlio - February 8, 2010 6:20 p.m.

As much as I love and trust Gdar (which I'll continue to do) I must question how Beyond Good and Evil and GTA: SA ended up on both this list and the "Game stories that jumped the shark article." They can't be 2 of the 7 best gaming stories of all time, and also have flaws severe enough to put them on a list of the games that f*cked up their stories the most. Just saying. Not that I don't agree with those entries. Also, where's Mass Effect?? I would argue that and Bioshock are the 2 best game stories of all time.
  • ShadowWave - January 20, 2010 12:50 a.m.

How about Fire Emblem or Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance?
  • soapman1 - January 19, 2010 4:16 a.m.

glad halo ain't on here
  • FanofSaiyan - January 1, 2010 3:26 a.m.

Out of all these, Portal and God of War are my favorites.