• thefreakysurgeon - October 2, 2010 1:04 p.m.

YEAH!!!!! The Dreamcast had so much potential, and now a Dreamcast 2 can be better!
  • bluscorp - October 2, 2010 12:07 p.m.

I never had a Dreamcast, but i hope this comes true just because I want to relive my youth of when youd see Dreamcast everywhere.
  • EvidentDead - October 2, 2010 12:02 p.m.

POWERSTONE!
  • boondocks50 - October 2, 2010 11 a.m.

i would buy the dreamcast 2 in a heartbeat
  • Lurk - October 2, 2010 10:19 a.m.

To be fair he says he'd be just as happy being an advisior, as making a Sega console, maybe to one of the others? Besides as uncomfortable as the Dreams pad could be, the VMU was great could be even better with todays tech.
  • Clovin64 - October 2, 2010 10:09 a.m.

3 major home consoles is enough. Please don't make another console solely in order to create more god-awful 3D Sonic games. Please?
  • infernox - October 2, 2010 9:40 a.m.

maybe if the dreamcast 2 was directx11 capable, all the graphics lovers will buy it. will help push pc gaming forward aswell, the current consoles are holding it back.
  • shadowreaper72 - October 2, 2010 6:57 a.m.

I could take it or leave it. If he makes another Dreamcast cool. I fhe dosent oh well.
  • papergoon - October 2, 2010 5:41 a.m.

is it just me or does the 360 controller look like the dreamcast's?
  • NinjaPopsicle - October 2, 2010 4:20 a.m.

Of course! Everything is coming together: SEGA drops out of the hardware market and has spent years studying the best features of the current generation of consoles. Then they combine them in to one mega-console, the Dreamcast 2, resulting in SEGA wiping the floor with MS and Sony, taking them out of the picture and transporting us all back to the mid 90's, where SEGA and Nintendo are locked in an endless struggle for the rest of time! It all makes sense now! Seriously though, I would totally buy a Dreamcast 2. My launch Dreamcast is still going strong and still gets just as much playtime as the other 3 current-gen systems. And why do almost all game websites consider console names to be misspellings in their spell checkers? That has always confused me.
  • 8bitBaby - October 2, 2010 4:15 a.m.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnNO! NO NO NO! it would be the biggest mistake at this point. maybe we need LESS consoles and just more games. seriously. just focus on the games maaaaaan. give us good games! are you listening out there Naka? NAAAAAAAAAAAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!
  • NightCrawler_358 - October 2, 2010 4:07 a.m.

I feel sorry for SEGA. its a shame, but hopefully Sonic 4 can redeem their name. But seriously, put the Dreamcast 2 to sleep, it didn't have a fair fight back then, and it won't now.
  • DecoyOctorok - October 2, 2010 4:01 a.m.

Sadly, the heady days of late 1999 to 2000 have passed us by. There just isn't much of a market anymore for the Japanese-centric games that made the Dreamcast so beloved.
  • FauxFurry - October 2, 2010 3:04 a.m.

Sega with a custom system more powerful than the PS3 dedicated entirely to running not only games like Vanquish or Bayonetta without worries about porting disasters but those odd experimental titles which stumbled slightly on the Saturn and Dreamcast because the hardware wasn't up to the task? By hedgehog,they'd be unstoppable. At last,they would proudly be able to claim that they do what Nintendon't once again! Whoever this "George polasham" that reCAPTCHA is informing me about right now is the one to help Naka realize this Dream(cast2)?
  • Crabhand - October 2, 2010 2:15 a.m.

I'd buy that for a dollar!
  • NappyAfro - October 2, 2010 1:50 a.m.

DO IT!I'm with PlainLikeVanilla. I'd by that sucker in a less than a heartbeat.
  • PlainLikeVanilla - October 2, 2010 1:43 a.m.

@Doctalen Games that are legitimately original? I'd buy a Dreamcast 2 in a heartbeat.
  • dunc12 - October 2, 2010 1:32 a.m.

My wonder is what kind of hardware it would have. I would guess that it would be for the next gen, whenever that might be...
  • Doctalen - October 2, 2010 1:24 a.m.

How would that work? The 360 has the majority of the shooters, the PS3 has the fighting games, and the Wii has what ever is popular and left. what major game genre would the Dreamcast 2 cater to?
  • CongratulagentAgentTHEAgentAntista - October 2, 2010 1:13 a.m.

No, Naka, No! The world doesn't need 4 consoles! *hara kiri*