• Redeater - May 21, 2013 11:15 p.m.

I get that naming it Xbox one will make it easier for the inevitable Xbox 2. That said, did they learn fucking nothing from Nintendo?? I read a hilarious mock conversation on another website between your average uniformed customer and a retail employee. Apparently, the average joe/jill is having a difficult enough time differentiating between the Wii and the Wii U......how many emails are they going to have to send to customers when people say "I already have that Xbox, my kid wants the Xbox 720 or Xbox 4....."
  • winner2 - May 21, 2013 9:33 p.m.

Since I watch TV in a different room, don't care about playing online, and don't care about sports, the ps4 looks better to me. But I still won't be buying anything next gen but games on PC until a good price drop and a clearer picture once they're both out for a while after that.
  • sandplasma - May 21, 2013 9:29 p.m.

Congrats to both companies for firing their design teams and making their consoles actual ugly boxes.
  • JMarsella09 - May 21, 2013 9:01 p.m.

I'm worried about the future of gaming... Hopeful, but worried.
  • injustice45 - May 21, 2013 8:44 p.m.

I give it to Microsoft for showing the console, but at least Sony showed a ton of games.
  • Grumpiggles - May 21, 2013 7:27 p.m.

I'm pretty sure it's just called Quantum Break, not Quantum Dawnbreak.
  • obviouslyadouche - May 21, 2013 7:23 p.m.

Both the Xbone and PS4 have failed to excite me, maybe it's because of my new pc, but nothing either of them are doing really seems groundbreaking.
  • mikehoncho - May 21, 2013 9:27 p.m.

There's really no new ground to break. Technology has pretty much leveled off for the time being. There's really no need for new consoles honestly.
  • PatHan-bHai - May 22, 2013 9:22 a.m.

Xbone..........hehehehhe :P
  • dns - May 21, 2013 7:22 p.m.

This conference only made me more convict of my choice: PC + Wii U = Best Graphics (PC) + Best Price (Steam) + Best Exclusives (Wii U) Well at least to me. But I still need more exclusives to make me buy a Wii U...
  • ncurry2 - May 21, 2013 8:02 p.m.

Came here to say this. Just built me a nice gaming PC last month and I've already bought 7 of the 22 PS3 games I had for it, just to play with my friends/mods. And they all cost like 5 bucks each. I don't care that Nintendo doesn't get multiplat releases because I can play them on the best system, PC. So all I want out of my console is exclusives and Nintendo will have that. I got mine at launch but outside of some surprisingly fun Nintendoland parties, it's just waiting for the big hitters to roll out. I'd wait til the end of this year.
  • dns - May 21, 2013 8:28 p.m.

Also because PS4 and XONE are based on PC architecture ports on PC will look better and be easier to port. It's funny, but the consoles may help the PC gaming grow...
  • masterjoe123 - May 22, 2013 3:50 a.m.

Completely agree. This is all I need to play the games I want.
  • iluvpkmnmonday - May 21, 2013 7:22 p.m.

I dont have "live tv" in my house so I feel like I'd be missing out a big part of Xbox's appeal.
  • Z-man427 - May 21, 2013 7:11 p.m.

The only thing that I like about the Xbox One is the controller. It looks so much more comfortable than the Dualshock 4. But based on what we know about the games so far, I'm jumping ship to Sony.
  • shawksta - May 21, 2013 6:53 p.m.

Im siding with Sony for now but who knows what Microsoft will pull *Specs and Graphics* YA DONT SAY
  • Tjwoods18 - May 21, 2013 6:58 p.m.

I guess you do get what you pay for (i.e., Marketplace advertisements).
  • michaelkaramas - May 21, 2013 11:12 p.m.

Ps3 and 360 sales are neck and neck with 360 leading in US and ps3 leading everywhere else. 360 has no more than a 2 million sales lead, ps3 surpassed them in shipments so that is going to be surpassed too. ( all in the report that was published a few months back). Oh and the ps3 did this with a one year late start and a huge price tag to boot. HOW DID 360 not crush them?? Microsoft doesn't stand a chance when they launch at the same time.